live-tracking.locusmap.app web page

Started by Tapio, March 19, 2019, 18:29:42

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

lor74cas

Just another step, if you disappear and open Locus from the background while you have the phone signal you appear again on the map
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Andrew Heard

#31
Quote from: Andrew Heard on March 29, 2019, 23:34:11
@lor74cas - I already have set the max 5 minute update.
I can answer my own question now - simply subscribe to premium live tracking. Very cheap. Can have 240 minute or infinite time. @milan.cejnar could promote this fact.
LM4.23.1.7 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: Andrew Heard on May 01, 2019, 08:23:51
Quote from: Andrew Heard on March 29, 2019, 23:34:11
@lor74cas - I already have set the max 5 minute update.
I can answer my own question now - simply subscribe to premium live tracking. Very cheap. Can have 240 minute or infinite time. @milan.cejnar could promote this fact.
But it is certain that if I lose the signal and then resume it, LT will come back to life?
There is no problem to subscribe to LT premium I aquired a lot of coins I do not use just to support the developers.

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

milan.cejnar

@Andrew Heard Thank you for mentioning this, it is true that private groups can set the "time out" to longer time.
But @lor74cas is right, this seems like a bug and increasing the time limit will only mask the problem somehow. I will add to my live tracking issues to solve.

@lor74cas Might only be a bug on the web, will have to try with two phones. The live tracking not reporting any failed transmissions might not be a problem. If there is no connection available Locus will notice this and postpone the attempt until the connection is available. The same should apply with GPS I think, so there should be no attempts to send the position until GPS fix is available.
But I would expect that as soon as a GPS or a connection is available there should be an attempt to synchronize position immediately (if last scheduled attempt had already been missed). So this is definitely not intended behaviour.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: lor74cas

lor74cas

Quote from: milan.cejnar on May 02, 2019, 10:32:58
@Andrew Heard Thank you for mentioning this, it is true that private groups can set the "time out" to longer time.
But @lor74cas is right, this seems like a bug and increasing the time limit will only mask the problem somehow. I will add to my live tracking issues to solve.

@lor74cas Might only be a bug on the web, will have to try with two phones. The live tracking not reporting any failed transmissions might not be a problem. If there is no connection available Locus will notice this and postpone the attempt until the connection is available. The same should apply with GPS I think, so there should be no attempts to send the position until GPS fix is available.
But I would expect that as soon as a GPS or a connection is available there should be an attempt to synchronize position immediately (if last scheduled attempt had already been missed). So this is definitely not intended behaviour.
Is this bug solved?

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: lor74cas on May 11, 2019, 14:20:34
Quote from: milan.cejnar on May 02, 2019, 10:32:58
@Andrew Heard Thank you for mentioning this, it is true that private groups can set the "time out" to longer time.
But @lor74cas is right, this seems like a bug and increasing the time limit will only mask the problem somehow. I will add to my live tracking issues to solve.

@lor74cas Might only be a bug on the web, will have to try with two phones. The live tracking not reporting any failed transmissions might not be a problem. If there is no connection available Locus will notice this and postpone the attempt until the connection is available. The same should apply with GPS I think, so there should be no attempts to send the position until GPS fix is available.
But I would expect that as soon as a GPS or a connection is available there should be an attempt to synchronize position immediately (if last scheduled attempt had already been missed). So this is definitely not intended behaviour.
Is this bug solved?

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Up

If I can't count on the fact that LT works continuously for me this service is not reliable and therefore I can't use it.
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

milan.cejnar

@lor74cas Hello, I am sorry about that, I have this problem in my task list but the service seems to be working reliably at the moment and there are no other reports regarding this specific issue. That does not mean anything and I will definitely investigate but I have set it to be a lower priority than some other tasks which is why it is taking a bit longer.

Regarding the problems with new web pages, we actually have problems communicating with our contractor and therefore we are unable to solve it at the moment, but we are very much aware of the situation.

Again, sorry about all the trouble, but I think the core LT functionality is pretty solid although I cannot dispute against that there are some major incoveniences at the moment.

Best regards
Milan
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: milan.cejnar on May 14, 2019, 13:44:08
@lor74cas Hello, I am sorry about that, I have this problem in my task list but the service seems to be working reliably at the moment and there are no other reports regarding this specific issue. That does not mean anything and I will definitely investigate but I have set it to be a lower priority than some other tasks which is why it is taking a bit longer.

Regarding the problems with new web pages, we actually have problems communicating with our contractor and therefore we are unable to solve it at the moment, but we are very much aware of the situation.

Again, sorry about all the trouble, but I think the core LT functionality is pretty solid although I cannot dispute against that there are some major incoveniences at the moment.

Best regards
Milan
Thank you for your replay, I'll wait for the fix

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

lor74cas

Yesterday tested again and fail.
There is something on the app side imho because when the data connection is lost and then restored locus app does not update the Lt info on the server.
But when you unlock the phone and open locus in few seconds the Lt is updated.
It seems that when the signal is lost locus stops to send the info to the server and do not stats again when signal is restored if you do not use the phone or the app.
Usually I start Lt and put the phone in the pocket (set and forget) and when the signal is lost due to connection change (borderline zone) bang Lt is lost.

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

lor74cas

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

lor74cas

Still waiting for a fix

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Menion

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Andrew Heard

I've just found another bug: I enabled premium live tracking (free trial) a few months ago as a test - works well - then I disabled. Now I have subscribed, but I find my final position from 3 months ago remains instead of being replaced by new position. The web page thinks these are two different people - see attached map.
LM4.23.1.7 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

lor74cas

Last beta no news.
The notification writes green and red results of LT but when the phone is offline there is no red add to count as I expect, there is no news from the notification seems frozen.
When the phone is back online the LT remains frozen until Locus is maximized.

The notification is the mirror of the LT service on the web or on another cell with Locus.

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

milan.cejnar

Hello guys,
sorry for the delay and no news. We have problems with the company which should have made the fixes and update but they are communicating again and promised to fix couple of issues.

Please if you have any problem related to the core LT functionality which can be reproduced in Locus Map directly (ie. not just concerning the web page itself), report it as a bug on our help desk so that I could get more information like your LT group identification and your Locus account info and solve the problems one by one.

@Andrew Heard
As for seeing your position multiple times, are you really using the same Locus account and the same Android device? Has the device been factory reset or rooted in the meantime? Or was the subscription really the only thing that has changed? If that is the case I would like to know (by a private email or PM) the name of the group and your email address that is linked with your Locus account if possible, thank you.

@lor74cas
I could not reproduce the behaviour but I will have to look again if you could reproduce it consistently.
You are right that the expected behaviour of the LT should be to increase the error count when there is no connection during the expected position refresh. But at the moment the actual behaviour is to don't even try if there is no Internet connection so that is why the numbers do not increase at all and that is not necessarily a bug (depending on your expectation). Still the position should update as soon as you connect to the network regardless of the app state, that indeed seems like a bug if that happens.
Again if you could please create a problem in our help desk, linking this topic so that we could solve it separately as it does not seem to concern the new LT web page problems.

Thank you
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion