[APP] - version 3.16.x (14. 3. 2016+)

Started by Menion, March 14, 2016, 13:54:02

c.s.g.

Hi balloni55,

Quote from: balloni55- autoloading map didn´t work

In this topic, I found in reply #122:
Quote from: Menion- current unmodified version of MapsForge library (currently version 0.6, maps V4) that will work only with map themes version 4, no autoloading, no POI Db
So if I  understand Menion right he is using an original MapsForge library for the "new" V4 maps and themes and this library does not offer an autoloading feature of the maps by default.

c.s.g.
  •  

Tobias

Quote from: michaelbechtold on April 21, 2016, 22:24:10
Just checked: the Elevate 3 themes I have installed are V4 since Sept. last year. So they should be available in any case, right ?
Locus versions of Elevate 3 are version=1 and locus-extended=1 (see <rendertheme> tag). They can only be used with Locus 0.3 mapsforge fork . Standard versions of Elevate 3 are version=4, only those can be used with ML maps.

Quote from: balloni55 on April 23, 2016, 13:21:53
- in the area of country border color of lake is white and not blue e.g. Bodensee/Lake Constance or Genfer See
- name of lake isn´t displayed
The lake isn't probably completely contained in the maps (as country borders cut it), and if a border of an area isn't closed, it's not treated by the rendering engine as as an area - so no color and no names.

Quote from: balloni55 on April 23, 2016, 13:21:53
Question:
what should multilingual map display? - names of towns, POI´s ??

Every OSM name tag which has not just "name=*" (local name), but also "name:XX=*" can be seen, see here.
E.g. "name=München" has "name:EN=Munich", so if you choose standard language, "München" is displayed, if you choose english, "Munich" is displayed. For every name that has no "name:EN=*", the standard/local name is displayed.
It's not limited to towns, but this is the most likely usage.
developer of Elevate mapstyle for OpenAndroMaps
  •  

balloni55

Hello Tobias
thanks for your answer and explanation
Quoteand if a border of an area isn't closed, it's not treated by the rendering engine as as an area - so no color and no names.
ok understand, but.....
e.g. area of North Sea and Baltic Sea are blue, where is there the border for rendering?

Wolfgang
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Tobias

Quote from: balloni55 on April 25, 2016, 13:20:30
Quoteand if a border of an area isn't closed, it's not treated by the rendering engine as as an area - so no color and no names.
ok understand, but.....
e.g. area of North Sea and Baltic Sea are blue, where is there the border for rendering?
That's a bit OT: If there is a sea/coast in a map, sea is treated differently - it's rendered below the land area as blue rectangle (that's the border for rendering), then the land area is rendered according to coastline/map boarders on top of sea. On the land area, everything else is is rendered, like lakes etc. Usually the sea and land areas are prepared once for proper rendering and are not updated anymore from current OSM data.
developer of Elevate mapstyle for OpenAndroMaps
  •  

Menion

Thanks Tobias for a precise answers!

Hope all is clear now. Balloni and others: what is currently in Locus is full MapsForge 0.6 library that is automatically used for all V4 maps. Because I need strictly distinct what will be used with internal modified library and what with this new, it's really required to use V4 maps and V4 themes. This won't change soon, but I do not think it's a big problem as it's just a number in header.

Some extra features of MapsForge 0.6+ are currently not planned. Poor performance is not a problem in Locus I believe. I've compared rendering of V4 maps in Orux and they are quite same ... and quite slower that modified lib.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Menion

Hello guys,

wish you nice weekend and do not forget to give a try to new Beta version 3.16.2.9 (just published) ;).
  •  

Andrew Heard

@menion - are you sure 3.16.2.9 was "published"? Not showing on Locus store.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

michaelbechtold

Neither for me

Gesendet von meinem SM-N9005 mit Tapatalk

•  

gynta

Quotenew Beta version 3.16.2.9 (just published)
nope

Menion

Hmm interesting. Truth is, that I woke up by accident after midnight and noticed this message Andrew & Micheal, thanks for it, so I've published it correctly a lot later (forget to press "publish" before. Did some test and then leave on a cup of tea :) ), but now it should be there!

michaelbechtold

Quote from: menion on April 30, 2016, 06:19:56
Hmm interesting. Truth is, that I woke up by accident after midnight and noticed this message Andrew & Micheal, thanks for it, so I've published it correctly a lot later (forget to press "publish" before. Did some test and then leave on a cup of tea :) ), but now it should be there!

Confirmed. Thank you. Enjoy the weekend, Menion.
  •  

michaelbechtold

Testing ...
Color mode is cute :-)
Menu titles should be changed, though:
   Map shading -> Map shading and color
   Map color mode -> Map contrast mode
Also not perfect, but nearer to what Locus does, I suppose
  •  

michaelbechtold

Quote from: michaelbechtold on April 30, 2016, 07:42:12
Testing ...
Color mode is cute :-)
Menu titles should be changed, though:
   Map shading -> Map shading and color
   Map color mode -> Map contrast mode
Also not perfect, but nearer to what Locus does, I suppose

It works a bit like an overlay, in fact Color mode is XOR overlay. Hence it should be doable to inherit the opaque mechanics from overlays, as colors can be pretty brutal and hiding other information.
  •  

Andrew Heard

>support for long tap in points/ tracks list
is this same as tapping on spanner icon?

>offline address search
now shows suburb/ district in results list when street in multiple locations - very nice (!) thanks
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

@michaelbechtold: hmm it's on discussion. Maybe support for transparent colors should be enough? I do not want to do some complex panel with settings for this feature anyway agree, it may be useful

@Andrew Heard: yes, like tap on spanner + selecting item. Not a big feature, it may just be more logical to someone and maybe easier to use in the field (big line over display, mainly tracks vs small icon in corner)

Offline addresses - perfect.
  •