[APP] - version 3.16.x (14. 3. 2016+)

Started by Menion, March 14, 2016, 13:54:02

Menion

I personally had a negative experience with few times hidden track by accident (no confirmation) and one deletion of important track because I thought I delete a trackpoint. So it is not a major problem, I would like to keep system as is. Small protection against hiding/deleting of track, when you work with it.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

syni

Changing the order of the buttons in top panel works only until I close the app. After a restart it has the old position.

That's what I did:
Settings -> Map - control & panels -> Set functions panels -> move maps button to the first position

Regards,
Steffen
  •  

gynta

Quote from: syni on April 11, 2016, 13:52:48Changing the order of the buttons in top panel works only until I close the app.
Hm no problem here on all devices.

some questions:
Locus version?
Android version?
special mode (CM)?
Locus is stored internal or on external sd?

best place for problem report is here: http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/add/problem/?text=Put%20your%20problem%20HERE

syni

The changed buttons are in the right sort order, if I use the close button on my phone and start it again. But when I switch Locus in the background and swipe to the left or right, Locus will be closed too. In this case, the sort order is gone. I just tried it on 2 different phones, with the same result.

Using Locus 3.16.2 with Elevate theme on Android 5.1.1 all maps are on external SD card.

Regards,
Steffen
  •  

Menion

Hello, such "close" of app is more like minimizing then a closing. Because of this, Locus did not correctly remembered it's state of panels. I'm improved it so this "issue" should be fixed in next version, thank syni. And please next time, such crucial information (like how to simulate this problem), write immediately into first bug report (best as gynta mentioned - on help.locusmap.eu), thanks. Thanks gynta too!
  •  

syni

Thanks for fast reply and of course the fix. Next time I will use the right board.
Regards,Steffen
  •  

Menion

After quite long time, finally some Beta version for testing. Not much big news, mainly a bunch of fixes. Hope you all will find something useful there.
  •  

gynta

new track icons.
sport - not transportation:

what do you think?

Menion

•  

michaelbechtold

Quote from: menion on April 20, 2016, 21:47:53
After quite long time, finally some Beta version for testing. Not much big news, mainly a bunch of fixes. Hope you all will find something useful there.

Hi Menion,
I tried a mapsforge multi-language file (Berlin), but Locus Beta still says "Unsupported File Format".
What can I do ?
TXs and cheers
Michael
  •  

Menion

Ah damn, nothing is better then published version with new function that has in code "ignore this code if version is public". Sorry, I think it is important for most of you to test this feature, so I'll publish today one more beta with this feature correctly enabled. Thanks
  •  

michaelbechtold

Quote from: menion on April 21, 2016, 09:16:50
Ah damn, nothing is better then published version with new function that has in code "ignore this code if version is public". Sorry, I think it is important for most of you to test this feature, so I'll publish today one more beta with this feature correctly enabled. Thanks

TXs for new version, ML file accepted now. However, no idea (yet) how to switch between languages.

Also the V3 themes are not offered, which is not logical at all, because the mapsforge library you employ fully understands them ...
  •  

michaelbechtold

TXs for new version, ML file accepted now. However, no idea (yet) how to switch between languages.

Also the V3 themes are not offered, which is not logical at all, because the mapsforge library you employ fully understands them ...

Just checked: the Elevate 3 themes I have installed are V4 since Sept. last year. So they should be available in any case, right ?
  •  

Menion

Hello,
- selection of languages is currently in detail of vector map (map manager > offline > selected map three dot menu > information

- version of theme is defined in first tag of theme XML file. Check "version=" value. Should be 4. And it is possible that MapsForge 0.5+ loads also older themes, but I need to keep it seperate, so as I wrote already few times - V4 maps + V4 themes. Thanks for understanding.
  •  

balloni55

V 3.16.2.7 report from my first tests with multilingual V4 maps,
i use germany and swiss map with rendertheme-v4

- map icon im "Maps" is V2, but map is V4

- in ZL´s < 10 loading map is very slow
- POI icons, no popup label, not clickable ?!
- on first zoom to ZL 17 all POI icons are well displayed, zoom in or out and back to ZL 17 some icons are cut.

- autoloading map didn´t work
- in the area of country border color of lake is white and not blue e.g. Bodensee/Lake Constance or Genfer See
- name of lake isn´t displayed

- multilingual town names
e.g.
en/de/fr/es > Konstanz/Konstanz/Constance/Constanca visible ZL14-ZL22
en/de/fr/es > Munich/München/Munich/Múnich visible ZL6-ZL9 always, ZL11+12 brocken word

Question:
what should multilingual map display? - names of towns, POI´s ??
Locus Map 4.23.1 Gold AFA

LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •