[APP] - version 2.20.X+ (updated 27.5.2014)

Started by Menion, March 25, 2014, 16:20:46

gynta

Quote from: szebenyib on April 02, 2014, 11:20:08
Quote from: gynta on April 02, 2014, 00:30:00
60% work is GC stuff. ::)
Hehe I use it 60% for gc,
Hehe sometimes i hate it, to be right ;)
Anyway - It's Menions rules to make his own tool.
I'm asking. what he do with Locus?
GC? hm not really,
Hiking? dont think so.
Biking? little bit
Walking? NO!
Car navigate? Nope.
Sitting on the couch? ;) just kidding
sorry for off topic.
...and now back to couch! ;D

Menion

So seems that really almost everything is fixed :) Thanks all for help with testing!!

Anyway ...

@balloni:
- problem with refresh - we discuss this before this version. It's a problem in Locus API and till I fix it, you will always have this problem if both, Locus Free and Locus Pro exists on one device

- scale photo, we work on it

- selection & keyboard: hard work. We will see in next version. Same with tap on geocache waypoint

@eldron: thanks :). Speed of Point screen is almost on max. As joeloc wrote, and I agree, that every longer delay descrease usability and good feeling from using every app. Unfortunately I'm worried that I'm consumed all possibilities how to speed screen up. For now.

@gynta: to make name of points more important, also a basic points will now have next to name icon ;). And by our poll around year ago, there were around 50 % of people using Locus also for geocaching, so even if I'm not biggest fan, I have no choice ;)

@Bob Denny: you're welcome ;)

@joeloc: this is currently how "Save part of track" work. Locus do not check tracks on duplicities in same way as for points. So I think, it's more like request for improvements, but I personally do not think, that it's needed. There is more features missing around track recording, so I may only suggest Help Desk for now
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

Quote- added ability to define order of tabs in 'Point screen' by config.cfg
i have played a little and it works well :D
but if is start the "pro" one time, the values e.g. 14I1I11I12I13 are deleted :-[
can i do anything to prevent this behavior?
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

gynta

balloni55

QuoteDo'nt start Pro  :P
OT: perfect, thanks  i  :-* :-* :-*
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

gynta's right :). Every Locus version overwrite this file on exit. So Locus Pro do not know these parameters, so they are lost once you stop Pro version

EDIT: I forget one thing - anyone from SK has Android with 4.1.1. Seems that Locus crash a lot on A 4.1.1 only due to some problems in Android. Usually when you try to display certain (I do not know which) pages. So if anyone with this android has some crashes, please write me on which pages, so I can fix it. Thanks
  •  

ta-ka

Hi, menion.

Could you please confirm the following?

Google Places Search -> import search result -> open point screen -> tap 'Load more information' -> back button.
Then, a question pop-up window appears and it asks whether to overwrite or to ignore(duplicate) the point.

I think that the point should be simply saved without question.
  •  

Menion

ah thank you. Confirmed, fixed

edit at 11:26:37
So another version just for those, who expect some fixes. Otherwise there are no great news...
  •  

szebenyib

But that is great news!! It is noticeably faster on my xperia, and black blinking is gone so it has not been vain to spend that time with it! :-)
  •  

Menion

it also improved speed for you? perfect, glad to hear it. So together with some other speed optimizations, I really hope that "Point screen" appear fast enough for common using now ...
  •  

balloni55

Hello menion,
thanks for your work 8)
Quote- fixed problems with "Geocache" button in parent waypoints
i can confirm :)
Quote- fixed problems with visibility of keyboard and selection of text in edit mode of new point screen
one point is open, selection is missing while saving a track ;)

Quote- highly improved listing/images tab zooming for geocaches (need a lot of testing)
see http://help.locusmap.eu/responses/spoiler_size

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

I was already looking on dialog when save a track. It should work, but for me it also do not work :). Anyway because this screen needs same work as was done for points, I'll leave it for now. I believe this is not a big problem.
  •  

szebenyib

Will this be released as a bugfix release or just as a new version?
  •  

Menion

hmm to be true, there is no big difference :). Some months ago, I was publishing new version of Locus almost every week. This has changed so now it's usually once per month bigger version with more changes. And then usually one or in worst case two (like now) updates within one or two weeks, that fix most problems. So I want to release probably tomorrow one more update that will mainly fix some existing problems.
  •  

szebenyib

That black blink and speed is noticeable for me that's why I asked. I understand you don't want to flood users with updates, I was just curious.
  •