[APP] - version 2.20.X+ (updated 27.5.2014)

Started by Menion, March 25, 2014, 16:20:46

Menion

27.5.2014 - Locus 2.20.2.8

https://plus.google.com/100542396837873535122/posts/d9fP6N1C4fh

23.5.2014 - Locus 2.20.2.7

https://plus.google.com/100542396837873535122/posts/iTQPSJ7NkQZ

15.5.2014 - Locus 2.20.2.6

https://plus.google.com/100542396837873535122/posts/6n36FqPgecp

13.5.2014 - Locus 2.20.2.5

https://plus.google.com/100542396837873535122/posts/Cq5bTKYCen9

7.5.2014 - Locus 2.20.2.4

https://plus.google.com/100542396837873535122/posts/Gg9P692mSwk

29.4.2014 - Locus 2.20.2.3

https://plus.google.com/100542396837873535122/posts/Q7Z7YtUHG1S

changes compare to 2.20.3
- added fully working reader for ANR+ CHIRF sensor
- added support for BT LE Speed & Cadence senzor
- added ability to upload edited 'Notes' to web
- new color buttons for main track record buttons, that match current recording state
- 'Navigation Generator' is now automatically used for tracks computed by Yours and Brouter
- added ability to disable computed navigation orders in 'Navigate to' feature
- added ability to notify add-ons on changed point over API
- improved selection of items for dashboard - united style for dashboard & track rec screen and added some more choises to Track rec panel
- fixed problem with Proximity sensor (which rarely remain enabled)
- fixed problems with crash of 'Add new wpt' function from dashboard
- improved options for log of trackable from Point details
- small fixes and improvements in new Track record panel
- created defaults track record profiles and set Locus Free to 2 profiles without ability to add/remove any
- fixed problematic notificaiton on missing dependency for ANT sensors
- and many small UI improvements/fixes

25.4.2014 - Locus 2.20.2.2

After a week, new version on testing.

I'll try new system for distribution. Probably easier for everyone.

So all should be writen and clear on this Google+ page - https://plus.google.com/u/0/communities/105669867009952671671 . If there will be any problems, feel free to write me.

18.4.2014 - Locus 2.20.2.1

For really brave "Locusers"

changes compare to 2.20.2
- completely new panel for Track record
- completely removed MyTracks library from Locus
- completely new settings for track record based on profiles (removed old)
- added new "Automatic track record after start" settings
- added ability to define 'Quick add point' also for track record
- added ability to switch to next point manually during Track guiding
- added "Periodic updates" to Quick switch
- added support for drop of trackable items in cache without need to post a log (from menu > log trackables)
- improved adding points to tracks
- improved 'empty' screens for Ant manager, BT manager, track chart to new system
- switched function of buttons on "CoordinatePanel"
- fixed problem with refreshing of points over Locus API (waypoints of caches that remain on screen)
- fixed problem with deleting attachments for track waypoints
- fixed some UI problems with ExtendedData of KML
- fixed problems with "Point" button on compass screen
- fixed layout of description in point screen (automatic breaks for non-html text)
- fixed problems with handling redirects in Http communication (problems with WMS or GC Offlinizer)
- fixed problem with import of *.loc files
- fixed loading of special "locus" parameters in GPX files
- fixed problem with loading of all GC waypoints at once
- fixed problem with refresh of track on main screen after "Fill altitude"
- fixed problems with refresh o Geoaching Logs (new images)
- fixed problem with refresh of counter in data screen
- a lot of other small UI improvements and fixed

8.4.2014 - Locus 2.20.2

new version available on Google Play. Enjoy it

7.4.2014 - Locus 2.20.1.8 RC

I had to do some serious changes on background of point screen due to some problems with icons and styles and finally also due to changes to back button behaviour. So please be careful if there will be any problem. As a compensation to your work, I added for those who use "Add point" during track record, small surprise ;) Thanks

changes compare to 2.20.1.7
- added support for images in cache and images for geocache logs added over API (needs new version of Geocaching4Locus - not yet published)
- new settings for automatic loading of waypoints
- fixed small problems with GC Offlinizer
- fixed problems with restoring previous zoom after app start
- improved speed when a lot of geocache waypoints with lines is visible
- small optimizations

And also testing version of Geocaching4Locus to check if images works correctly

6.4.2014 - Locus 2.20.1.7 RC

changes compare to 2.20.1.5
- a lot of changes on Point screen. Fixed some problems with icons, scales. Memory problems with Google Places. Back button now works completely different. If you do not do any edit, it works as cancel, othewise it automatically save changes
- improved 'Add point' button during track record
- improved icons for rotate/lock buttons on map screen (display correctly selected item)
- improvements in Locus API
- GC Offlinizer now should keep device on during work
- fixed problems with zoom levels after start of app
- fixed problems with adding url/phone/email to points
- fixed missing icons on computed navigation tracks
- fixed problem with incorrect zoom level in map overview on point screen
- fixed settings for automatic track export

4.4.2014 - Locus 2.20.1.5 RC

If anyone with 4.1.1 had problems with access to Data screen, may you confirm it works with this version? Thank you.

It's also last chance for some last fixes if anyone needs something. After this version is planned longer break, because we will be switching old Store to new and I'm sure, it will take a lot of time to test it perfectly.

changes compare to 2.20.1.3
- improved default icons for searching, long-click etc. Also added ability to ignore these icons in edit mode
- fixed problems with scale of KML styles
- fixed remaining problems with listing/images scaling in point screen
- fixed popup menu in 'Search POI' dialog
- fixed export & import GPX tracks (course, speed, times)
- fixed problems with visibility of tracks when track width was too thin
- small improvements in point screen

3.4.2014 - Locus 2.20.1.3

changes compare to 2.20.1.1

- hopefully fixed problem with "black screen" when point screen appear (on slower devices)
- fixed problems with styles for KML points (need more testing)
- added default folders for points/tracks for new users
- fixed problem with refresh of already stored Google Places
- fixed problems with visibility of keyboard and selection of text in edit mode of new point screen
- fixed problems with "Geocache" button in parent waypoints
- highly improved listing/images tab zooming for geocaches (need a lot of testing)
- fixed not-working MapQuest maps

1.4.2014 - Locus 2.20.1.1

changes compare to 2.20.1

- added ability to show/hide map overview in point screen
- added ability to define order of tabs in 'Point screen' by config.cfg
- removed vibration when tap on point
- added new page with "Web services" to main menu
- added missing logs Archive/Unarchive
- removed ability to remove temp track that is currently used for navigation
- disabled dismiss of "Edit coordinates screen" by touching outside
- added support for import of extracted PQ files correctly (handling *-wpts.gpx files)

- fixed problems with guiding & 'Point screen'
- fixed problems with missing lines to cache waypoints and rarely missing tracks during 'Add new route' function
- fixed problems with overwriting exported KMZ files
- fixed rare problems with export of tracks (tracks with 0 points)
- fixed problems with import of cache waypoints
- fixed problems when content of folder is not deleted during import even if user wanted
- fixed problem with styles of tracks after import from GPX (not used folder style)
- fixed problems with parsing a colors (mainly from GPX)
- fixed problem with not-working dashboard
- fixed icons in FileBrowser for local and dropbox places

28.3.2014 - Locus 2.20.1

26.3.2014 - Locus 2.20.0.2

Today I wanted to have half-relax day after five weeks of work on previous version. And second half invest to optimizing of screen loading (faster start). So here is result of my 14h behind PC :).

If anyone have time and wants to be sure it's OK now, please check it in this test version (Locus Free - test). If I'll have finally time, tomorrow I wants to speed up (if possible) loading of point screen and in Friday release fixed version

changes compare to 2.20.0
- fixed not working SmartMaps maps
- fixed texts of geocache logs and reduced size of icons by 25%
- removed menu button for geocache logs, so menu appear after simple tap on log
- when you edit point, name is now selected and keyboard appear (as before)
- fixed duplicate waypoints after cache update
- fixed slow import of points to folder, where a lot of points is on map
- fixed export of attachments stored in new track waypoints
- fixed problem with Locus-actions & Google Drive
- fixed problem with edit of existing field notes and it's refresh on main point tab
- impoved altitude values along 'line to gps'
- changed a little edit of coordinates - click on text show dashboard with options, long click copy coordinates to clipboard, click on target icon show direct edit

25.3.2014 - Locus 2.20.0

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

vkap

It seems - became slower. Less responsive interface, slower maps rendering...
  •  

Menion

you mean generally whole map or just new point screen? Because whole app - it's not really possible. There were no change that should affect whole app at all on Locus side.
  •  

vkap

I meant the whole map. Ok, I will test tomorrow, not in bed,but in street ;)
  •  

layio

When I tap geocache icon on map, it show "working" and screen get black about 0,5 sec, and geocache listing show.

In opencaching logs, when I tap show user profile it show me geocaching.com.
Smile icons in logs are too big.

This version is unfortunately slower - geocache point not showing immediantely as before - "working" window every time, Locus get develop in wrong direction - too many new changes, but optimalization is bad...
  •  

wvb

Hi menion,

I just downloaded the new version but now I can't seem to edit my existing Field Notes.

Upon logging a cache I use "Store offline".
Then a few days later I take the time to write a correct Field Note with some extra text.

If I try this now I see my existing Field Note, when I click on it I get the choices again where I choose "Store offline" but instead of being able to edit my Field Note, Locus seems to add 1 to my Found counter and start a new Field Note.

If I go back, changes are luckily cancelled.

I think it's a bug as I have been doing it like this for quite some time :-)

Thanks for looking into it!

Sent from my C6903 using Tapatalk

•  

Menion

@vkap: thanks. If you find any place/feature where is slowness really visible compare to older versions, tell me and I'll gladly check it

@layio: we work on this screen more then four week and almost whole time were available testing versions. So now it's too late to say "It's a wrong way". I'm aware a "small delay" till new screen appear. On second side, previously you had to tap twice till you get to geoaching screen. So in the end, this is even faster.

- opencaching users - thanks, I'll check it

- about size of smileys - may you post a screenshot? Thanks

@wvb: you are absolutely right. Sorry for this. I'll collect as much issues as possible during next days and probably in friday I create version where will be all these problems fixed ;). Thank you for a precise report!
  •  

eldron

I have just downloaded the new version and i really love the new point screen. I do a lot of geocaching with locus and saving one click now to open the cache info is really great.
I do have some issues though:
I agree with the others, that the loading time is quite high. For example - when entering a waypoint from within the point screen and hitting the back button it takes 3-4 seconds until i get the response... By then i have pressed back a second time and end up back on my map...
In the German version there is a display problem when clicking the menu button in the point screen. Menu Button 4 reads: GC Offlinizer <b><small><font color> (the html tags are being displayed)
Improvements:
When you click the "hint" button in a geocache and there is no hint you get no feedback. I´d prefer a message saying "no hint available", otherwise i can´t be sure that my click was registered.
The hint button changes position (in Waypoints it´s the right button, in logs it´s on the left) - Can´t it always stay in the same position to avoid misclicking?
And one thing that i find important: When creating a waypoint - why do i have to click the menu button to cancel? I actually had to search fo a while to find that and even though i now know where it is i keep searching for it and don´t find it intuitive at all. When creating a track there is now a bin symbol at the top - why not include that in waypoint creation too? Or at least pop up a prompt when pressing the back button that asks wether or not i want to save the waypoint.
  •  

Menion

@eldron:
Glad you like new design. Me too ;). "Loading time" is my task on next days. I already spend on it almost a day with analyzing what takes most time and followed optimizations. Problem is that screens are too complex and it takes a while till android create whole layout. I'll try to improve it of course

GC Offlinizer text - thanks fixed

Hint - fixed, thanks. Problem is that button is disabled when there is no hint, but seems that this button looks exactly same as when it's enabled.

And "Cancel" button - I sometimes follow existing solutions from Google. In this case, it's solution from original A4.4 Contacts app, where whole Edit/Save/Cancel system is almost same.

Screen where you edit track is also planned to rewrite in same way as this point screen and expect, that in the end, "Delete" button will be hidden in same menu as "Cancel" in this point screen.

@All:

suggest to watch and discuss in separate topics created by other users on Help desk, about specific issues

- slow loading time: http://help.locusmap.eu/responses/opening-time-of-geocache-listing-in-2200
- size of icons in logs: http://help.locusmap.eu/responses/icon-size-in-locus-2200
  •  

balloni55

my first impression of V 2.20 :D 8) :-*
QuoteTrack recording and waypoints
nice new feature, it works inside locus, but in exported kml/kmz the photo is missing :(

Sometime i get this popup while opening locus, although i haven´t changed anything in directory. After confirmation locus work well

Why are settings sometime changed after update to a new version :o ??
this time "settings/geocache/automatic waypoint loading" was changed to "enable" i have standart "disable"

sorry for asking again old open points:
Quote7. scale photo - no improvement, same behavior ???
in V2.19 it worked well :D
Quotein Pro the "Titel" is marked and i can overwrite directly the date
    in Test the "Name " is not marked, this is not handy
no answer, no change?  :-[
QuoteIf i open a Cache, the minimap is not visible, i do not know it is intended. For me it will be better/more logical, to start on top of the page
no answer, no change? :-[
Quotepartly solved, 5 logs ok :)
if i set 10 logs only 5 logs are loaded furthermore
after playing a while i have to say it works ;) but not as from me expected :P
For example: in  PQ´s always 5 last logs are implemented, so e.g. the oldest of the selected cache has date "1.3.2014"
in the meantime 3 new log are written and so after update i see 8 logs althought my setting is "25"
I set it to 25 logs in hope to get more information from older logs, but no log with date before 1.3.2014 is loaded

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.0 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

gynta

Quote from: menion on March 26, 2014, 10:55:38Problem is that screens are too complex and it takes a while till android create whole layout. I'll try to improve it of course
I told you few day ago.
Why we need the "point on minimap" preview ? 1/5 of my screen is used for what i don't need.
yes! it looks nice - but for...?
I prefer a  "one tap = show me edit screen" - as i wrote.
Look at edit screen - all data viewable - and editable

(I have forgotten your veto. sorry for that ;) )

Menion

Quote from: layio on March 25, 2014, 19:12:40
When I tap geocache icon on map, it show "working" and screen get black about 0,5 sec, and geocache listing show.
http://help.locusmap.eu/responses/opening-time-of-geocache-listing-in-2200

In opencaching logs, when I tap show user profile it show me geocaching.com.
Is there a way, to generate link to user profile also in OpenCaching? Because as I see, you need some users ID which is probably not in log itself. Like here http://www.opencaching.cz/viewprofile.php?userid=10346

Smile icons in logs are too big.
read my answer http://help.locusmap.eu/responses/icon-size-in-locus-2200#comment-9521

This version is unfortunately slower - geocache point not showing immediantely as before - "working" window every time, Locus get develop in wrong direction - too many new changes, but optimalization is bad...
Thanks for opinion
  •  

Čelda

Hallo, I have just upgraded to Locus 2.20.0 too.
I think it is too soon to evaluate the new waypoint handling. However, I use Locus mainly for geocaching and what I really like even now is the fact that there is one click less to reach the cache details :-)
Once you have decided to rebuild this I dare to have an additional wish:
When geocaching, the most frequent activity is definitely starting/stopping guiding to a geocache displayed on the map. Is there a way to spare one more click to start guiding ? I know - when I open the geocache waypoint, it is right down in the menu. However, when walking, this is rather clumsy.
Ideas which come to my mind:
- Either a new waypoint-related context menu: Could a long touch on a wpt in the map be used ? But this idea is not too good when there are more wpts displayed near to one another.
- Or an extra direct button for guiding in the wpt window. But where ? And why should this particular button be preferred when it is highly demanded by geocachers but used seldom by the others ? Could there be a customizable button/toolbar for an instant access to a wpt-related function (e.g. guiding, compass, navigation, street view  ...) in the wpt dialog ?
  •  

Bucky Kid

I'm trying new version and can't quite confirm the overall slowdown against previous versions. Using only 2 core phone and everything is more or less as fast as before. However the new points screen has the small noticeable delay (Working...). I reported this already with test version. I'm aware new point screen holds more controls and needs more resources to load etc. but I see here a place for improving (work with more waypoints should be as smooth as possible). Anyway nice work and thanks for all new features.
  •  

Menion

@balloni: impressions are nice :)

- screen at start - weird, should not be visible if there are no changes of course. Anyway just from screenshot, I'm unable why this happen. Have to wait till something like this happen to me also

- changed settings - there are two possibilities. Bug in Android or accident with your fingers. Locus itself do not change these settings, trust me. So I more think that during playing in settings, you changed this checkbox by accident

- scale photo - I still have no solution. Because previous versions which worked for you, caused a lot troubles on more other devices. Current solution works for them, but do not work for you and I see no logic between it for now. So I have to with Peter test it and create some universal solution.

-
Quotein Pro the "Titel" is marked and i can overwrite directly the date
    in Test the "Name " is not marked, this is not handy
sorry, don't understand

- minimap - yes it's indent. In case of caches, tab is scrolled to see cache details as first

- logs: sorry, also do not understand. I do not know from where you load your cache with logs, but if in PocketQuery or over Geoaching4Locus is available just five logs, Locus cannot display more. Number do not say how much logs will be visible. As you may see in description, it limits logs to max amount, thanks all.

@gynta:
It looks nice, it's main point. It should be also usable if you check some points for example after searching etc. But major reason is nice look. But maps is not major slowdown of this screen. It took around 100ms. Almost half a second took construction of whole screen.

And "Edit in screen" - yes, it's my final decision. Nor you or joeloc may convince me, sorry. I'm sometimes checking some apps from Google as I wrote above and "Contacts" are very inspiring in many details, so I created system same as is there.
  •