Automatic Display activation

Started by jusc, August 13, 2013, 19:32:50

jusc

I activated all possibilities for automatic display activation on tour. Than I used a recorded track for "track back" with guiding. But the display didn't wake up one time. Maybe I missunderstood something or it isn't for use with guiding?
Phone was Note 2.
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

Hi,
  in this case, are you using latest 2.14.1 version? There is also option (it's not in 2.14.0) to turn on screen when guiding! along track, so your case. Hmm as I think about it, it's probably not 100% clear, but you need to have enabled some sound/vibrate notification, to make this work.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

jusc

Aha, ok. I will try it tomorrow. And the combination with sound will activate the display too?
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

with sound or vibration. There is need for some notification. And when this notification appear, Locus turn on display (if enabled). Without notification it do not work, because I thought that without notification is no real reason to turn on display. Anyway this is probably not best solution, at least because it's not clear ...
  •  

jusc

To say it with U2:  "I still haven´t found what I´m looking for".  (<!-- m -->http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pb1XXs7e7ac<!-- m -->)  <!-- s:mrgreen: -->:mrgreen:<!-- s:mrgreen: -->
Is it possible to take any track (not route) and to get only significant notifications messages or "screen wake ups" p. e. only  for turns or at road crosses?
This morning I got every 2 seconds a notification and the display switch always on a  road that I had to follow only straight.

edit August 16, 2013, 13:37:03
sorry, to come back. But I need a bit help.  I only want to follow a track and the display should become activated only on important turn directions (navigation to turn left, right etc.)  Exists there any documentation how the display automatic activation works? Or can someone explain it?
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

sorry jusc, I was little bit busy on other tasks and completely forget to answer.

For this exists feature that is not yet finished and documented, but it works. In menu > settings > guiding, enable notification on Tracks. Mainly "Notify on next point" and enable notification over TTS, this is essential. Then it should works correctly. Locus try to calculate next turns and notify by this.

count that this function is still not perfect. Little bit complicated to setup and also not too precise in terms of calculating possible turns
  •  

Christian

I tried this yesterday but it didn't work  :(
Any further hints?
  •  

Menion

Did you read this post http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=3318.msg22962#msg22962 ?

Was it helpful? If no, please try to describe a little more what you do, with which settings, and what do not work. Thanks
  •  

Christian

I red the post carefully and made all the setting you described: notification on; sound beep; change to next point: 100;....

May be i'm wrong...?
Automatic display activation means not only when waypoints are available even when the the track turns left or right...
Am I wrong?
  •  

Joachim Buhl

Hello Christian

Are you German? Maybe I can help in german, language barrier, you know.
For me it is working.

edit
Answers moved to german board...
-> http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=3377.0
- gynta
  •  

Christian

I innervate this thread because Joachim showed me the setting i have to activate for notification (in german thread, but no further assistance).

- Global
: Control on /off screen is on (all 4 items)

-Guiding
: Notification enabled
: all other settings for notifications are default

-on Map: guiding for the track is on

The Problem is:
the device is beeping all the time because of notification of the waypoints, the screen is activated all the time and consumes a lot of power
If i switch off  notification for waypoints no sound is played but no notification occurs :-(
For turns or junctions there is no notification at all!
I tried different seetings on different tours but without success.

This is very frustrating and i hope that someone can help me.
I would like to use this feature because it seems very useful for mountainbike tours (no hand free) and saving power and focus on biking...

Is there anybody out there?
Thanx,
Christian
  •  

Menion

yes, I'm here :)

please share for me some short GPX track. Also tell me what you expect to happen (what to hear mainly). I'll test it and tell you what's need to set. Maybe there is some bug, so we should discover this ...
  •  

Christian

•  

Menion

ok, thanks so ...

1) your track is some recorded track, so it contains quite a lot of points. In this case isn't best using "notification on next point".
2) there is currently no way how to enable exact voice instructions on this track, because locus do not support OFFLINE routing.
3) anyway you may try to use new feature available in testing version "Navigation generator". Here is discussion about this topic http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=3372.0
4) if you want to use public version, you may try to enable "notification on next point" and enable TTS support. This feature will be removed in time, "Navigation generator" will be published in public version anyway it's usable now
  •  

Joachim Buhl

Hello

Hopefully Menion you do not mean, that you want to replace the "old" guiding along a track with the new "Navigation generator"?!
Because this means we have to live with navigation mode and nasty magnetic behavior and no turning map (compass).
Than Locus would be dead for offroad navigation.

Bye
  •