Automatic Display activation

Started by jusc, August 13, 2013, 19:32:50

Menion

Good day Christian, as I know, no settings was removed in latest version.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Christian

LOL
Good answer.
Ok, same question in different way.
How and where can i set the distance / time before next change / event occurs in guidance?

•  

Christian

Next question regarding guidance.
When Display is off and the next change in direction occurs the display is activated automatically. Fine!
But than map is displayed in any direction and after about 2-3 seconds map rotates than in the direction according to my settings in 'rotation of the map'. So i guess direction of the map is not computed during display is off.
Display off is set to 10s, map rotation needs 3s... that needs too much time.
Is there anything we can do?
  •  

Menion

Hello Christian,

main key parameter for guidance that influence "when" Locus switch to next trackpoint is "Set next trackpoint" (in Guidance settings).

About rotation ... good observation. Locus filtered values from "before" screen turned off. I've fixed it now. Result is quite visible jump in rotation right after you turn screen on, but positive is, that you see it almost immediately. So "fixed", thanks.

Christian

Thank you.

Another question i forgot to ask:
Is planed to implement different signals for right / left / straight in guidance? I remember that we talked about in this thread...
  •  

Menion

You are welcome.

Hmm, such feature require some specific settings for all three options, right? Can't imagine now, how to simply do it ...
  •  

Christian

Specific settings?
Like notification: beep / sound / vibration.

beep / sound can vary in three different signals / sounds if choosen....
And one option more: activate display _or_ 3 sounds as notification.

Imagine the smartphone mounted on handle bar or in pocket, display is off und you are guided by sounds. Would help to save battery.
Looks not so difficult... From my naive point of view.

Guidance becomes a very nice, easy and useful tool within Locus in cooperation with BRouter. Would like to use it with all of the potential.

Edit wants to remind of the post from last year regarding sounds.
http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=3318.msg36347.msg#36347
  •  

Menion

Nono I was talking, that I currently have no idea how to create a layout in Locus that allows to simply define three different sounds for these options.

Currently there is just "Set notification on direction change". But you need to allow
a) basic notification ( to still allow users define a simple single notification like now )
b) advanced notification
  1) notification on turn left
  2) notification on turn right
  3) notification on go straight

And this is quite a big complexity step. Anyway is this idea on help desk. Seems not to exists ( even under tagged "guidance" is not found http://help.locusmap.eu/search/tag%3Aguidance ). So I can't imagine if anyone except you and 0709 is interested in it.

•  

Christian

Mmmh.... not tagged as "guidance" but still "in progress" due to still missing sounds and signals - the good old thread:
http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/automatic-display-activation-guiding-with-display-and-sounds

31 votes, nearly finished.
  •  

Christian

Quote from: menion on May 26, 2016, 13:01:30
Hello Christian,

main key parameter for guidance that influence "when" Locus switch to next trackpoint is "Set next trackpoint" (in Guidance settings).
My expectations were wrong because i always looked for a setting like "set distance for notification".
Now i understand how the next notification is computed by Locus.
The distance is not calculated for the related upcoming waypoint but for the trackpoint located after the waypoint.
And... the calculated distance is beeline.

That means if the trackpoint behind the waypoint is behind a turn with >=90ยบ (in most cases) the real distance becomes smaller. Thats why i get notifications in different distances and time intervals. Sometimes its quite short for leading the peloton around the corners when the computed distance is not equal to the distance to go by bike. So the notifications are not really reliable.

Is there any chance to improve this small system a little bit?
  •