Locus Map 4, discussion (pre-release)

Started by Menion, March 18, 2021, 13:00:40

freischneider

2 error
1. When I click on a free area, long. Then I will see the information about this location. When I wipe the window down, the information is closed. But now an icon is displayed on the map. I always have to wipe in front of the down in the 3 point menu, select hide.
That was not so before. There was the card without icon.

2. I open Map Content Panel. Turn LOPOINT offline visible. Then I tried the panel. But on the map the POI will not be displayed. I open the panel again and the LOPOI offline are no longer displayed.
That was not yesterday yet. What has changed since yesterday:
1. New update
2. A subscription made for gold.

Error 2 is now ok. Either it has some time needed after gold purchase. Or the restart of the app was needed after gold purchase.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

T-mo

Quote from: Menion on March 25, 2021, 10:36:52
@T-mo
seems your "Premium" does not work at all. Please try this new version once it will be available. Maybe re-login (over Locus Store for now) if no change after the display of the "My subscriptions" screen in the app.
check this out: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-9nHkimo_wojf6aVE9pFMVruCsGJZAaq/view?
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: T-mo on March 25, 2021, 21:31:29
Quote from: Menion on March 25, 2021, 10:36:52
@T-mo
seems your "Premium" does not work at all. Please try this new version once it will be available. Maybe re-login (over Locus Store for now) if no change after the display of the "My subscriptions" screen in the app.
check this out: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-9nHkimo_wojf6aVE9pFMVruCsGJZAaq/view?
Is your "Android System WebView" component up to date? Play Store. There was a widespread crash problem recently.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

T-mo

Quote from: tapio on March 25, 2021, 22:21:52
Is your "Android System WebView" component up to date? Play Store. There was a widespread crash problem recently.
yes, it's that recent update of the problem-update, it's 89.0.4389.105. Thanks.
LocusPro-Store works by the way. I'll wait, sth.'s wrong somewhere, no nerves for install-tests currently
  •  

didado

I'm running the beta on several devices. On the Carpe Iter tablet (motorbike) which runs android 8.1 I can not import tracks from Google Drive.

Locus does not finish Googel Drive login. After I press Allow it never finishes. I tried it 5 times including reboots etc

Yet I gave Locus World  permission to my Google Drive on another device also with the premium beta
...to boldly go where everyone but me has gone before...
  •  

Menion

@michaelbechtold
correct, "simplicity vs advanced features" is the battlefield for many years :).

So, why deviate here? Because what you suggest about selecting what to sync
a) completely break synchronization system > your data will partially be synced, partially doesn't!
b) even if it may be doable, anyone has to do it, maybe an even bigger problem :)

I've at least created "Compute plan" option in the re-visible "Advanced options" in the sync screen. This will start real sync, but right after the app knows what will happens next, it stops and prints the result on the screen. So you may see if anything will be deleted etc. At least something for now. This, I believe, is a good concept, currently with terrible UI presentation. Something to start with ...

@Frivold
Gold, perfect :)
Elevation data in Norway > ah, fixed, the limit was too strict.

@tapio
may you share the track(s) you try to import? Thanks

LoMaps on MapsForge V4: we wanted to work on this, but because LoMaps works still quite nice I believe, we decided to do more useful tasks for now. So later for sure, just not sure when ...

@Viajero Perdido
damn, exactly this was already reported by two people and I still can't simulate this problem on my own device  :-[ ... ah, as @Diddi wrote below. It is a problem. It all looks perfectly bullet-proof in code and on my Pixel2 as well. Weird ...

@ADiet
good observation. As I see, internal icons are black in normal light mode and are changed to white (when adding) in dark mode. This is not correct I believe because the background of the dashboard (the map itself) does not change its color. I'll fix this.
Is this problem you have or you add your own external icons and you want to colorize it based on the light/dark mode?

@balloni55
hmm as I see, if app recognizes you as an owner, you should in the list of possible types of logs, see header "Owner" and below options "Owner maintenance", "temporarily disabled listing" or "enable listing" and "announcement". You do not see it there? Give me cache code, I'll test it. Btw. logged to geocaching account is not important here. App, based on the old system, still recognizes the owner by the name defined in Locus Map geocaching settings > "Your (owner's) name".

@freischneider
ah good point with "long click". Thanks, fixed.

@T-mo
check mainly content of the "Go Premium" screen, where should try to re-detect valid subscription.

@didado
Carpe Iter, hmm. Do you know what web browser is there? May you also give it a try and install and use for this "Google Chrome" from the Google Play?

EDIT: it looks to me, that we should start splitting some topics into separate posts  :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

didado

Quote from: Menion on March 26, 2021, 10:26:12

@didado
Carpe Iter, hmm. Do you know what web browser is there? May you also give it a try and install and use for this "Google Chrome" from the Google Play?

EDIT: it looks to me, that we should start splitting some topics into separate posts  :)

I have Chrome on the CI. Locus is not opening the Chrome browser separately. But Locus already has permission to access Drive or is this per device?

Also for the life of me I can not find the Zoom + and - buttons anywhere?
...to boldly go where everyone but me has gone before...
  •  

Tapio

Search for "zoom buttons" in settings.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: didado

Tapio

Question: While I record a track, ie I am out in the wild, will autosync do syncing on the currently recorded track? Will it do any syncing related connect, if I do not change points and tracks?

My question is because I have battery usage in mind. I think to be on the safe side I am wishing for an option to allow manual sync over mobile networks, but disallow auto sync.
  •  

balloni55

Quote@balloni55
hmm as I see, if app recognizes you as an owner, you should in the list of possible types of logs, see header "Owner" and below options "Owner maintenance", "temporarily disabled listing" or "enable listing" and "announcement". You do not see it there? Give me cache code, I'll test it
https://coord.info/GC6TRTQ
the cache title is not crossed out in this window
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

GMDD

Pro users anyway receive one year of the Silver for free or Gold with a 50% discount, which both compensate the price of the Pro version.

I have been a pro user for years, unfortunately I am not offered a discount.  Too bad.  but I don't want to buy the "pig in a poke" for full price.
  •  

Menion

@didado

@tapio
Good question. Auto-sync is triggered by
a) notification from the web portal that something has changed (new content from the web planner or finished sync of any other device that modified data)
b) change in the local database, so new saved/deleted point/track/group

Track recording itself does not start sync, no matter if you pause etc. Anyway, in the moment you finish recording and save the recorded track, after that, the sync should start (a moment later).

Divide manual sync > all networks, automatic > wi-fi sounds logical. I'm adding this to list of ideas to consideration, thanks.

@balloni55
check my two screenshots below. Do you have the same name in app settings? Then app recognizes that you are the owner.

@GMDD
Do not buy a pig!
Do you have working Locus Map Pro logged into Locus Store with the same account on your device? Please double check it. Thanks.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

balloni55

Quotecheck my two screenshots below. Do you have the same name in app settings?
thanks a lot :)
name was missing....
now expected log options are available 8)
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

freischneider

Main menu:
Order of the submenu.
"My subscription" is not often needed. Actually only once. This point could be completely down.
"Settings" are often needed. This point can be completely up.
My subscription is still the pro before. That does not exist anymore. Missed gold or silver.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)

Mapper

@Menion: could you reproduce my problem with the GPS symbol not turning green again after turning off/on the screen (and the GPS)?

It's very convenient to see quickly by the green color there is a GPS fix.
LM pro and LM 4 free both have this problem.
  •