LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.0 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Pcmann

•  

Erelen

In early beta there was "Zoom lock" in list of features, that I can add to bottom/side panel. And now I have this button in botton panel on my phone.
But now I don't see "Zoom lock" in list, and can't add in on tablet.
  •  

Menion

It was enabled in the Beta version only because I was not yet sure about this solution > I believed I find some better. But not yet and by accident, it was not enabled in the production version. Will be fixed in today's new version.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Erelen

guest10775

QuoteThe final phase in creating Locus Map, version 4.

Today/tomorrow will be published a final version of LM4 into the public Beta channel on Google Play of Locus Map (Free) app. All systems are now up and ready.

Because I've not yet decided how Beta versions will be published, for now, this will be a regular public version that requires an active subscription. So no features will be unlocked like it was till now.

Final status
Locus Map Free > will be renamed to Locus Map (version 4+)
Locus Map Pro > name remains for now as is (for a month or two) till we will be 100% sure, LM4 is stable and perfectly working. Then it will be rename to Locus Classic. Version continue in 3.5+ row.

Final prices and comparison of functionality if you are interested: here. Silver tier is close to the current Locus Map Pro, but gives few bonuses, so something like the "Pro+" version.

Pro users
Locus Map 4 = Locus Map Free - so it remains like before, you may have both apps installed at once (Locus Map, Locus Classic). If data are stored in the root of the internal memory, data will be shared without any worry (for now, in September 2021 things starts to be more complicated, thanks to Google)

Pro users anyway receive one year of the Silver for free or Gold with a 50% discount, which both compensate the price of the Pro version.

FAQ

How to use Beta versions
- how to. The text is old but the bottom part with "What to do to become a tester" is perfectly valid.
- latest version wins, so a new regular update will update your Beta version and opposite
- settings, data, subscription, all remain untouched no matter which version you use!

Discount on the purchase as Pro user
- essential is, to use the Pro version logged into Locus Store with the same account you will use in the LM4
- steps: open in Locus Map Pro > menu > Locus Store. Check in the side panel account
- start Locus Map 4 > menu > Locus Store and check, the account is the same
- if you do not see the "Exclusive" offer, immediately send me PM with your email, I'll check it

Hi Menion,
I do not know it is good place on Forum to give my point of view about it but forgive me if not.
I have bought LM 3.x last month and I have found that some changes there are here.
As you wrote above current user can migrate to new 4.x version but....
I do not like and can not find out to subscription model. There is more people thinking in this same way. Mayby I am too old but it is why I always must search new services/product where is one paid model available.
I would like to stay here because your product is really fine.
Of course, I fully understand this business model of keeping labor costs, but even Microsoft with its Office suite still supports the Box version for one price...
So finally  ;) my question is: can you consider new, for example "bronze plan" with one fee (to calculate) where you have a classic version with "No Ads" and route plan enabled for current Pro users. So it would be possibility to chose which version bronze,silver or gold we want in migration plan.
Thank you for your attention

•  

freischneider

You can continue to use the PRO. She continues to get update.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Menion

Hello rmth2,

we were thinking about this change for almost two years. A one-time fee is really not a sustainable model if you want to develop anything. Even a mentioned Microsoft publishes every year or two new versions that is again paid > it looks like a one-time fee but if you want to have always the latest version, it is the same as a subscription.

As @freischneider correctly wrote, simply stay with Pro if you are satisfied with it. It will be a perfectly updated working version, no shame to use it. Theoretically, it should be more stable than Locus Map 4, because I'll focus more on stability things than on creating completely new features.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

guest10775

Thank you @freischneider and @Menion.
If there is a possibility to stay on Pro version I am very satisfied. Yes, LM 3.x looks more stable and polished than 4.x but I understand it is early stage for new version.
My proposal with "Bronze" option even is less sustainable model for you but it is better than kept classic user with Ads on without a cent in my opinion. Mayby it can be time offered for example 3 years as you wrote about MS.
I like LM for planer and good maps. More things I prefer with my Garmin device so why I try to search option to support your work and my needs
Once again thank you for your hard work, great app and passion in creating this application
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Andrew Heard

Should this topic be locked to prevent further posts now there is official 4.0 - https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=7273?
LM4.21.1.5 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a