Locus Map 4, discussion (pre-release)

Started by Menion, March 18, 2021, 13:00:40

slarti76

I reported this before, but it still happens sometimes: When editing a track and deleting (either a point or a section), sometimes the track disappears and nothing can be selected anymore. Have to leave Track Editor and start it again. If I remember correctly, Menion, you fixed something, and it definitely happens less (RC2), but it's not gone.

And another minor sync observation:
I have a track displayed on Device A and then edit this track on Device B and sync it to A. Sync works, but track is not displayed anymore. Not just "not displayed on map", but the Eye icon is also deselected now.
  •  

GMDD

Quote from: Menion on March 26, 2021, 14:32:48

@GMDD
Do not buy a pig!
Do you have working Locus Map Pro logged into Locus Store with the same account on your device? Please double check it. Thanks.

Sorry, das war ein Übersetzungsfehler von Google, ich spreche kein Englisch.
Ich bin mit beiden Versionen auf dem Gerät in dasselbe Konto eingeloggt, mir wird die Wahl zwischen Gold und Silber angezeigt, aber leider der volle Preis, kein Rabatt
  •  

freischneider

@ Gmdd
do you have the same google account? do you have the same Locus Store account?
Are you registered in the locus store?
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Axel D

I had today a problem with the display activation.
When activated with gestures, in the forest with my mtb, the screen switches by itself  off and on, when the light changes from dark to bright. This make me crazy, I want to save the battery while riding my bike.

Is there a setting to adjust the sensivity of the approximity sensor?

Axel

Gesendet von meinem XZ2C mit Tapatalk

Axel

Locus 4 Gold
  •  

Menion

@freischneider
I would like to keep the bottom in a fixed order. What may help you, and based on "thanks" not just you, is simply adding "Settings" to the top grid. This should cause, the settings at the bottom will be removed.

@Mapper
I believe I've found a reason for this small problem. Try the next version and let me know, thanks.

@slarti76
Hmm, I remember also that I wasn't sure if the fix will be enough, damn.

Sync: yes, this is quite possible. Nice observation, thanks. I'm adding both problems to my list, no critical, but at least the sync problem is definitely solvable, thanks slarti!

@GMDD
@freischneider: just for the record: the account used in Google Play is not important > Locus Map has no clue about which account is used, it is unknown information for apps.

Anyway, if you have Locus Map 4 and also Locus Map Pro on your device installed at once and you are logged in Locus Store in Locus Map Pro and you still do not see better prices, send me to please private message with your email (and if you send also a screenshot of side menus in Locus Store with your email account, it will be also welcome) you use for login to Locus Store, I'll check it, thanks,

@ADiet
Was this problem of proximity? If I remember correctly, app only receives "true" / "false" values based on fact if proximity is covered or not. Maybe it changed, do not know now. Anyway no settings in Locus Map is currently possible for this feature.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Mapper

auric

Sorry to bring this up this late, but I noticed some problems with offline LoPoints. It's only today that I found out. I want to report these problems:

• I noticed that the same point was displayed on the map 3 times. That is because my area is covered by three maps: Two OAM maps downloaded from openandromaps and one LoMap downloaded from Locus Store. All the LoPoints in the overlapping area are displayed, hence the same point is displayed three times. Locus doesn't seem to take only the active map into account while displaying the LoPoints. All the available LoPoints are shown, always

• I tried to disable these points, only to find out that they were already disabled using the three dots in the right upper corner of the LoPoints (offline) screen, then disable "Show on map". That is correct, I've hidden them in the past. Nevertheless, all the points are still displayed. I opened up Locus Map Pro and noticed that it behaves as expected: deselect "Show on map" to hide the LoPoints, select "Show on map" to display them. In Locus 4, it doesn't matter which option you select, the LoPoints are always shown.edit: I removed all maps, then all remaining vector maps data on the filesystem manually. Now I can't enable those points anymore Workaround is to open Locus Map Pro, enable them, then open Locus Map 4 and the points are visible again

• When I show/hide eparate points manually using the folders underneath, these points are displayed correctly. But why is the style different from the points that you enable/disable with "Show on map"? It confuses me  ;D
PS: No problems during the activation of my Gold subscription ;-)

edit changed my description about manually enabled LoPoint: they're not a separate database. Added question about the style of LoPoints
LM Pro - LocusMap 4 🥇
  •  

Axel D

Yes it is the proximity sensor. It switches, if a specified darkness is reached. Could you set this sensitivity a little lower?

Gesendet von meinem XZ2C mit Tapatalk

Axel

Locus 4 Gold
  •  

Viajero Perdido

Good news.  RC2 appears to have fixed the bug I mentioned, the disappearance of some geocache info after "update" or "download logs".

I did a bunch of sofa testing, changing one thing each time, but could reproduce the bug 100% of the time.  Then I noticed the update available, so I updated to RC2 and also updated G4L, after which I couldn't reproduce the problem at all.  (Though I didn't try as hard with different scenarios this time.)  This is with my old Android 6 phone.

BTW, a comment about the UI in the geocaching panel.  It strikes me as odd that in the lower part of that panel is a "Geocaching" heading.  But everything above that heading is specific to geocaching too.

But overall, looking good!

PS, "load all waypoints" only loads those within the field of view.  Have to zoom out to see which direction.  Happens in Pro too, but I don't remember this.
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Menion on March 26, 2021, 14:32:48
Good question. Auto-sync is triggered by
a) notification from the web portal that something has changed
Ah OK, this would require cron like http connects and checks if there were changes. Not required (and unwanted battery consumption) for me when on a hiking tour. Indeed, would be great if sync over mobile networks could be on, but only manually triggered.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

auric

I have automatic night mode enabled. However, it doesn't follow the system settings. When dark mode is enabled system wide, the Locus Map 4 interface turns dark, but the map itself doesn't...

I probably noticed today because the sun rises earlier and I stayed in bed longer (weekend, you know )
LM Pro - LocusMap 4 🥇
  •  

Tapio

I have always noticed an inconsistency in the UI. Now I looked closer. It is about the placement of "Select all" in a file browser context vs. tracks in the data viewer.

It's a bit confusing for me every time, please see screenshots.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

JackRussel

It is possible to use Locus Map Watch for Samsung with LM4 ?

I have LM3 and LM4 gold on Andoid 8. I start LM4 and now a record.
On the watch I start Locus Map Watch und show the Map.

On Android 8 Locus try to start LM3. The Error Message on the Watch is "no connecting possible".

•  

Menion

@auric
1. yes, this is possible. Currently, LoPoins are no longer directly connected to the map and live partially their own life. So it may be possible, that three databases are working at once.
It is not a usual situation and a big problem, so I've just at least added a check on duplicities based on the name and coordinates. Let me know if this helped.

2. Hmm this settings most probably no longer works in Locus Map 4. Please open the left "Map content" panel and here is an option for LoPoins online and also separate for LoPoints offline.

3. All categories have their own defined icon/style. When points are displayed automatically, it always uses a style of the currently selected Vector theme for V3 maps. When you display them manually, it is used the predefined style of the category. This will be changed someday :).

We are finalizing base content for online LoPoints and the next step will be to convert this to offline together with new UI & control.

Automatic night mode: you mean coloring of the map, right? It does not use any system settings. It is based on the compute of sunrise/sunset by the app itself.

@ADiet
I'm checking what I may do with sensor sensitivity and ... nothing. The app only receives true/false values, so sorry,  can't help here. Maybe some other settings like "two waves" or turning screen by double tap on the screen (some devices support this) ...

@Viajero Perdido
thanks for testing! If fixed, then only as a side effect of any other change.

"Geocaching" heading ... you are right. I like these heading to clearly separate parts of UI. Any idea what to put here instead of "Geocaching"? "Geocache metadata" is too geeky  :)

"Load all waypoints" ... Hmm, I've detected that the app does not draw waypoints in some cases when the bottom point dialog is visible ... maybe it is related. Fixed.

@tapio
Nono, don't understand me bad. You get notifications also on the mobile network. These notifications are controlled by Google Play services. I just wanted to say, that such notification may result in the sync task being done.

Inconsistency: thanks, this should be probably improved, I'll look at it.

@JackRussel
For LM4, use a version of the app for Locus Map Free. We just need to rename it once LM4 will be official.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Mapper

Quote from: Menion on March 26, 2021, 19:31:00

@Mapper
I believe I've found a reason for this small problem. Try the next version and let me know, thanks.

@Menion
Thanks, it works again, the GPS icon changes green again after regaining a GPS fix.  :)
Hope to see it in the next LM pro also.

One more question about the pro (later to be called 'classic') version: how long do you think the classic version will get v3 updates, will that be a year or even longer? I really like v3 and are in great doubt about upgrading to silver...
  •  

michaelbechtold

I really like v3 and are in great doubt about upgrading to silver...
Just try silver, while continuing to use LM3 in parallel. This is my setup and it works just fine.
@Menion: will such survive the final move to renaming etc. ?
  •