Author Topic: Web planner / portal  (Read 15015 times)

Offline raadoo

• View Profile
Re: Web planner / portal
« Reply #105 on: April 21, 2021, 20:57:41 »
Hi, I'm new in this topic and haven't read all posts (but have been using Locus for 10 years, now I'm gold and decided to add my 2 cents).

1. There should be personal points  option next to routes. You should be able to show all poits from selected folder as it is implemented in mobile app. You should be able to select any point as a start, via or finish of a planned route.
2. You should be able to show any set of selected routes on a map (as it is implemented in mobile app)
3. Edit route - not only details but the route itself as well
4. When you start to plan a route you default type (walking) is already selected and you cannot change type afterwards. IMO it's not user friendly.
For now my impression is that web planner is inferior to mobile planner and a map in mobile app. Inferior in terms of number of features missing and some existing features are better polished in mobile Locus. But first of all I like Locus and really appreciate your work, progress and direction! :)

Offline freischneider

• Expert
  • Master of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 11, Locus Map 4 Gold, Locus-Device-ID: a1d4a233d1
« Reply #106 on: April 22, 2021, 06:58:59 »
There are always questions about things that are already planned. There are also some who say that it is useless because some things are missing and go back to Komoot and ....
Insert a menu at the top. There the settings and history (what was changed and when, improved. And one more point with Panung future. Many people are already doing this.
In the view for future plans:
1. planned in 4 weeks
2. later

This way you can avoid a lot of questions. And people stay with Locus and wait.

The following users thanked this post: Andrew Heard, lor74cas, raadoo

Offline raadoo

• View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 22, 2021, 13:44:24 »
1. planned in 4 weeks
2. later

That would be very helpful.

Offline Viajero Perdido

• Apprentice of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ (Android 10) and -S2 (Android 7), Blackview BV9900 Pro (Android 9).
« Reply #108 on: May 03, 2021, 21:28:35 »
Sharing planned tracks that were sync'd from an Android, eg this one, doesn't always work.  (Error message, try again later.)

(Note to self, avoid embarrassment, always double-check links before sending to people!)

Also, do these links really need to end with periods?  I noticed my email client (Thunderbird) likes to NOT include the periods as part of the link, which could be a problem too.  But even with the periods, sometimes the link doesn't work.

Offline janaton

• Global Moderator
  • More than Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: May 06, 2021, 16:29:39 »
Hi everybody! Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I am sorry for the response delay. I have been quite bussy with the Web Planner past weeks. In the next post I am going to sum up all new great features :). Thanks again for your support. I am looking forward for your feedback.

@Viajero Perdido
1) Thank you for your reply. I will take it into consideration.
2) Sharing planned tracks - yes, current solution is not the best one (flag of the tracks is changed and sync in triggered). We have much better solution on our mind - I have to discuss this with @Menion but I hope that we can implement it quiet soon.
3) Period in the link - oh, this is a good point which we were not aware of. I will try to think about possible improvement (it is not so easy as it can look like).

@lor74cas
1) Visible last update date - I totally understand your point but unfortunately (what I know) we are using external service for hosting LoMaps and we have no API integration to know when update happened. And doing this manually ... no, no - it would be soon out of sync and would cause much more harm then good.
2) Confusing color - we are aware of this issue. To be honest there is no perfect choice. There will be always some color conflict with the underlying map. We plan to offer color customization in the future which should hopefully limit this problem (like you can do it in the mobile app).
3) Elevation in tunnels - thanks for the example. I am not sure you are right ... for sure there are strange elevation "jumps" but mountain above has elevation around 130m above the sea and elevation displayed in the chart is at most 98m above the sea. Anyway, we would like to improve this but it will probably require change in the Brouter internals so I am not sure when this will happen ...

@nibby
1) Display multiple tracks - sure, this is our planned multicontent feature which we have in the pipeline. See: https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/23769-web-planner-display-multiple-tracks

@Henned
1) GPX import - not yet implemented, but planned. For now, you have to use import in the LocusMap mobile app and then sync it.

@Andrew Heard
1) First waypoint is not selected - this is intended behavior. You have to intentionally start planning (right click -> start/finish here, select waypoint, add POI to the route) in order to active "routing mode"

@raadoo
1) Edit route - yes, this is on our list and should be implemented soon (~1 month).
2) Change of routing profiles - actually, I am working on this right now. So you can most probably expect it within one week ;-)
3) Other questions - More or less they are collected as ideas for improvement. Please, have a look and vote - https://help.locusmap.eu/topics/all/status/all/category/30/sort/new_updated/page/1. If something is not there, please, add idea and others vote.

@freischneider
1) Public high level plan - yes, this is definitely a good idea. We are thinking about the best way of communicating this.

Offline janaton

• Global Moderator
  • More than Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: May 06, 2021, 17:24:57 »
New features in web planner
I am listing all the features added after LM4 lunch (April, beginning of May).

• Elevation statistics in the planner tab
  • Altitude formatter - using only ft/m
  • Saved track detail - added elevation chart
  • Remove waypoint from the map - using context menu (right click)
  • Modify planned route by drag&drop everywhere on the segment (previously only possible by red handle placed in the middle of the segment)
  • Show / hide waypoints in order to prevent moving statistics out of the screen
  • Recalculate all segments
  • And several bug fixes and minor improvements :)

And we are working hard to bring you another set of new features soon. Thank you for your trust and support!

The following users thanked this post: Andrew Heard, Viajero Perdido, Žajdlík Josef

Offline Andrew Heard

• Expert
  • Master of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: Samsung Galaxy A5 v8.1, Samsung Tab A7 v10
« Reply #111 on: May 08, 2021, 00:30:25 »
1) First waypoint is not selected - this is intended behavior. You have to intentionally start planning (right click -> start/finish here, select waypoint, add POI to the route) in order to active "routing mode"
@janaton - I find the user experience with BRouter-web (also RideWithGPS, plotAroute) much more intuitive - cursor is already a cross, simply click the 1st point & start. To me & I suspect other users, LoRouter-web is more confusing; the casual user asks themselves "why can't I just click this point to start my route?". Have you got 5 people into the room that haven't yet used LoRouter-web & asked them to create a route (most common use-case) and observed how easy/ hard they found the task?
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 00:02:47 by Andrew Heard »
LM4.4.3.10 GOLD

Offline lor74cas

• Expert
  • Padavan of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: Samsung A5 2017
« Reply #112 on: May 08, 2021, 09:43:59 »
@janaton - I find the user experience with BRouter-web much more intuitive - cursor is already a cross, simply click the 1st point & start. To me & I suspect other users, LoRouter-web is more confusing; the casual user asks themselves "why can't I just click this point to start my route?". Have you got 5 people into the room that haven't yet used LoRouter-web & asked them to create a route (most common use-case) and observed how easy/ hard they found the task?
https://www.wired.com/story/its-not-a-bug-its-a-feature/amp

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

The following users thanked this post: Andrew Heard

Offline Andrew Heard

• Expert
  • Master of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: May 09, 2021, 00:04:41 »
not a bug or feature, just an interesting user interface design tradeoff
« Last Edit: May 09, 2021, 08:00:55 by Andrew Heard »
LM4.4.3.10 GOLD

Offline Viajero Perdido

• Apprentice of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab S7+ (Android 10) and -S2 (Android 7), Blackview BV9900 Pro (Android 9).
« Reply #114 on: May 10, 2021, 20:10:29 »
I like the handling of bridges and tunnels.  (New?)  It appears to (now?) consider the elevation of both as simply the average of the endpoints, a straight line between the two.  Perfect.

In my city, there's one high bridge across the entire valley that's much more convenient than all the others, in terms of elevation effort.  The web route planner shows no dip into the valley, thus doesn't penalize that bridge.  (LoRouter Offline does show a dip and avoids the bridge, but I assume that'll change shortly.)

In other words, thanks.  :)

Notable example:  https://web.locusmap.app/en/?planner=C7BOGcF8AEAMBsBWBXAJgYQMYDsAe0BvXAWwCEBugGQHsBxUAQwDcBTeAbnKA
(Though interestingly, the road bike profile would prefer to climb the pass. Fine.)
« Last Edit: May 10, 2021, 20:40:34 by Viajero Perdido »

Offline Andrew Heard

• Expert
  • Master of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: May 11, 2021, 00:24:18 »
wow - beautiful location!
LM4.4.3.10 GOLD

Offline Viajero Perdido

• Apprentice of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: May 11, 2021, 04:34:08 »
So I hear.  I experienced 15 minutes of darkness in the tunnel, on a bus,  (Plus 3 hours in customs, not moving very fast.)
I hopped off nearby in Portillo to FTF a cache or two, and grabbed some pictures.  :)
https://coord.info/GC132NW
https://coord.info/GC2CDHH

</offtopic>

Offline lor74cas

• Expert
  • Padavan of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: May 12, 2021, 09:10:00 »
When a user logs into the portal and synchronizes, the information relating to the units of measure should also be able to be exchanged. In this way, the window for choosing the units of measurement would only be necessary for users who are not logged in.
For example, now in the panel it is not possible to choose whether kj or kcal.

Offline lor74cas

• Expert
  • Padavan of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: May 12, 2021, 11:53:21 »
One of the most important things when you are outdoors is water. In the screens you can see that even if there are two fountains nearby, selecting the first search result which should theoretically be the closest sends me more than 50km away.
Thanks for reporting this. The problem here is: Currently the search only uses "names", so only the objects that have the term "water" or similar among their names in two languages ("local" language and "English" in this case) are found. The two nearby fountains are not named at all - "Drinking water" is the overall category of them. More complex search using keywords is needed here. It is already done internally. Sorting: we don't think sorting based on distance entirely is a way to go. More content (Wikipedia, user related) is coming, so "close calls in terms of distance" are resolved based on content.
then waiting for the other keys / attributes present for the objects in osm to be recognized, I will modify the names in osm so that they are also recognized in locus

Offline lor74cas

• Expert
  • Padavan of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: May 17, 2021, 18:50:54 »
Hello,
once the list of points has been expanded, I can no longer group it again.