Author Topic: Web planner / portal  (Read 13676 times)

Offline WujTom

• More than Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Device: Samsung S7
Re: Web planner / portal
« Reply #135 on: June 26, 2021, 17:25:43 »
Is it possible for hiking and cycling routes to be displayed on a larger map scale?
Currently, you need a lot of zoom to see them on the map.

When planning a route for hundreds or thousands of kilometers (e.g. a bicycle trip) it is very impractical to use such a large magnification if you want to check whether the marked route coincides with the public trail.

Offline Žajdlík Josef

• Expert
  • Padavan of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: Samsung A3 (2017), Samsung A 8 (2019)
« Reply #136 on: June 28, 2021, 08:50:00 »
More than half a year from the transition to the 4X version and the placement of Web Planner. It seems to me that Locus has since passed quite great development since then, but Web Planner is still in Beta. There is still no GPX import. The only novelty for the whole time is just that it can edit routes, but it can not be used to repair recorded routes. Is there any schedule, how should web planner continue?

The following users thanked this post: balloni55, Andrew Heard, Hennes

Offline voldapet

• Locus team
  • Master of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: June 30, 2021, 19:46:09 »
@chrisjk - I'm sorry but there is no legend at this moment. Please feel free to ask or share screenshot with unknown element
@WujTom - unfortunately it's not possible. The data for routes ends in zoom-level 12

Offline WujTom

• More than Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: July 01, 2021, 11:00:39 »
@WujTom - unfortunately it's not possible. The data for routes ends in zoom-level 12

It's a pity, because you are slowly making better and better applications, think about how to make it possible.
I will just add that rwgps managed to use a different map that allows it.

Offline janaton

• Global Moderator
  • More than Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 01, 2021, 15:38:36 »
Hi there, sorry for the delayed reply. I had vacation. Thank you for all the feedback. Most of it is already written down to tickets BUT we have just started implementing long awaited and quiet big feature - points and multi-content. Thank you for being patient with no progress in other areas of web planner.

@Žajdík Josef
Search results - you are right. Unfortunately there are multiple parts that should be improved and we plan to cover it in more robust way. It will need extra time, so hopefully end of this year ...

@Viajero Perdido
Manual routing and elevation - thanks for explaining your use case. It makes sense. We will try to implement it this way. But, currently it is not on our high priority list so at least for some time you will have to use mobile app planner for this.

@WujTom
1) Waypoints with name - no, it is planned
2) Export without navigation waypoints - also planned

Offline voldapet

• Locus team
  • Master of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 02, 2021, 14:16:30 »
@WujTom
the alternative maps for web planner could be helpful. We'll consider it for further improvements.

Offline WujTom

• More than Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: July 03, 2021, 09:41:30 »
Do you plan that from the menu or the search engine you can search for and view icons, for example "Shelter", "Museum, etc.

I can see it so that I turn it on in the "Shelter" menu and in the map view I see big icons. This would make planning a lot easier. Kind of like in maps.cz, but clicked out of the menu, not the search engine.

Offline janaton

• Global Moderator
  • More than Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: July 07, 2021, 14:22:13 »
@WujTom
We plan to implement this "POI category search" in the search. E.g. you type "shelt" and "Shelter" category will be offered in result for you. When you click it closest N results will be highlighted in the map. This is almost implemented in our API waiting for me to implement it in the web planner. Unfortunately, I have a lot of work with bringing points and multi-content alive. So, please, give us some time :) 

The following users thanked this post: Andrew Heard

Offline WujTom

• More than Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: July 07, 2021, 21:17:28 »
If I am doing so well with the proposals  ;D
Do you plan to launch any website with statistics of recorded routes, activity calendar, visited geocache cans?

Offline lor74cas

• Expert
  • Padavan of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: Samsung A5 2017
« Reply #144 on: July 28, 2021, 15:39:16 »
Little bug.  Going cross-country (using the zig-zag icon) doesn't record any elevation gain.  On the Android, this works as expected.
+1
this is very annoying

Offline Hennes

• More than Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: August 02, 2021, 14:43:56 »
I've noticed something that is strange and that I don't understand.

I created a track for hiking using the web planner. The elevation gain looked strange (more than reality). Then I synced it with LM4, clicked on "elevation update" and suddenly I got much more realistic elevation gain.
The difference was a few 100 meters between the web planner and LM4 (after update).

Why is it? I am using LM4 with LoMaps (Germany)

Offline janaton

• Global Moderator
  • More than Newbie
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: August 04, 2021, 15:30:59 »
@WujTom
1) Website with statistics - If you think per user statistics then YES, we have it on the list. But there is still a lot more important stuff to do so I am not so brave to give here any eta. If you want to give it higher priority, please, feel free to create idea on the help desk and let others vote for it ;-)

@Hennes
1) Elevation difference between web and mobile app - unfortunately, this can happen quiet easily.
- We have separate code base for web and Android and mobile app much more advanced than web (additional elevation data processing and filtering). We are working on unification in order to give you the same results on the web and in the mobile app.
- Web is using elevation data set with ~100m resolution (not absolutely sure). In the mobile app you can have (manually downloaded) more precious ~30m resolution data set.

Offline Andrew Heard

• Expert
  • Master of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: Samsung Galaxy A5 v8.1, Samsung Tab A7 v10
« Reply #147 on: August 05, 2021, 00:36:40 »
- Web is using elevation data set with ~100m resolution (not absolutely sure). In the mobile app you can have (manually downloaded) more precious ~30m resolution data set.
@janaton as mentioned at least once, maybe more, the web server, with more processing resources - CPU & RAM & file system, could selectively use higher resolution data sets in areas where available eg. from http://data.opendataportal.at/dataset. This could be a bonus say for say Gold (& Silver) subscription users.
LM4.3.3.8 GOLD

Offline flabb17

• View Profile
  • Device: Huawai P30
« Reply #148 on: August 05, 2021, 15:47:49 »
Thank you for the work about webplanner.
Big screen planification is a real plus.

This a lot of work but why not creating a "joint venture" with existing webplanner (i.e. Route you ?). Recreating all existing is a lot of work and this time can be optimized.

For me, it's important to have same map on both "world", i.e. Open cycle map

Best regards and thanks for the android app very usefull.

Offline francisco

• More than Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Device: Garmin Overlander, Galaxy Tab S7, TCL 20 5G
« Reply #149 on: August 07, 2021, 18:14:00 »
In PC Windows 10 with Firefox 90.0.2 64 bits I've error "Sorry, something's got wrong. Can't get your location. Try again later." with location feature.
In the above images you can see:
- in Firefox Settings I allowed "https://web.locusmap.app/" to use Location;
- when I open the webmap page I give permission to use Location;
- after a few seconds appears the error message in the bottom;
- sometimes (very few), when I open webmap and immediately click the Locus location button it works and locates me, but few seconds after the error appears;
- after a few minutes the error stops and location button continues doing nothing.