[APP] - version 3.45.+ ( 14. 4. 2020 )

Started by Menion, April 15, 2020, 14:07:36

Menion

@0709
thanks Willy. I know well about the problem in WMS screen. It is probably the worst case of this because many WMS maps have really long names for layers that often start with the same text (btw. nice post about WMS usage).

So at least one change
- changed font to "Condensed" variant

@Andrew Heard
nice screenshot = nice example of how big difference is between fresh new design and maybe 5 - 6 years old design of point/track screens. Have to change it ...

Anyway, let's try to improve it. So two changes and we will see what your device says :).
- changed font to "Condensed" variant
- enabled option to break the first line to two rows
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on May 11, 2020, 09:43:27
@Andrew Heard
For me, it works correctly, it just needs a restart.
@menion - are you saying the Description text in your points/ tracks/ nearest points lists are affected/ altered by the Android system-level displayed font size setting?

Quote from: menion on May 12, 2020, 11:01:09So two changes and we will see what your device says
See on your device too? Aren't you seeing the same issue with a longer-than-15-character point description in Nearest Points list?

Quote from: menion on May 12, 2020, 11:01:09
- enabled option to break the first line to two rows
Do you mean a user option, or just not worded how you meant? It should be automatic like the track & points lists, not an option.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

On my device, I see 26 characters, so I never considered this a big problem (old Pixel 2 device with average resolution).

Check this video. Your device has from time to time some weird behavior :).

And sorry for my English, I wanted to say enabled break of the first line to two rows
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on May 12, 2020, 14:09:32
On my device, I see 26 characters, so I never considered this a big problem (old Pixel 2 device with average resolution).
ahh stupid Andrew - each time I tested the change of Android settings > Display > Font & Screen Zoom, I forgot to tap Done at exit, so the settings were simply ignored. I now confirm the text height is indeed changed to reflect this setting like your video. I do agree with @0709 it should not be necessary to change this global setting for the need of one app, Locus. I think the final result of harmonizing the font, and line wrapping for consistency with the point & track lists is still a good move forward.

Your device has from time to time some weird behavior :).
just weird owner

And sorry for my English, I wanted to say enabled break of the first line to two rows
infinitely better than my Czech ;) & as @menion always remind us, no need for sorry
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

In the new Beta version, the context menu does not work after a long press of the button.  For example, the ability to turn off GPS.
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

Quote from: 0709 on May 14, 2020, 07:41:43
3.45.1.6 long push button > menu > ok

long press of the button
- menu button (after unpacking with a hamburger) - OK
- toolbar button - not working
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

After reinstalling on BETA LM4 MapGooglePlay_3.45.1.6 LM4_933_beta.apk long press of the buttons works.
  •  

FriedelXT

•  

Christian

When using the button "Exit" in the right bar Locus is terminated without confirmation which is activated in expert settings (confirm on exit = enabled).
:(
  •  

Christian

Additional question: Is this a Android thing that the Android bottom bar disappears or is it triggered by Locus? The hidden bottom bar is the reason i have to use the Exit button. See above.
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Christian on May 16, 2020, 12:02:41Additional question: Is this a Android thing that the Android bottom bar disappears or is it triggered by Locus? The hidden bottom bar is the reason i have to use the Exit button. See above.
Isn't that related to fullscreen mode of Locus?
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

karlchick

Just spotted this new development of linking PDF legends. I'm guessing that we can only have one legend PDF per theme (per locale). My OS Map theme contains two styles of maps, so has two legends. Attached is a PDF that combines both legends into a single PDF with a front page index with hyperlink to quickly jump the relevant legend section (Explorer 1:25k or Landranger 1:50k).

The map legend index list on front page are each clickable hyperlinks/shortcuts to relevant legends. But not all PDF viewers support links in PDFs... Acrobat does on Android works fine though...

Karl.

Update: I've joined the beta release scheme, downloading latest...  Yay! It works!

Not so keen on the overlayed green icon indicator blocking the theme logo, I could change the os map thene logo to better suit the indicator... maybe
User id: 62b600722
Author of the OS Map Theme:
DiscussDownload

Christian

Quote from: tapio on May 18, 2020, 16:48:38
Quote from: Christian on May 16, 2020, 12:02:41Additional question: Is this a Android thing that the Android bottom bar disappears or is it triggered by Locus? The hidden bottom bar is the reason i have to use the Exit button. See above.
Isn't that related to fullscreen mode of Locus?
Yes, thanx. I had fullscreen mode activated since years but the Android bottom bar disappeard since a couple of weeks.
Shall I expect that the Android bottom bar should re-appear when double tap on the screen and the LM bars appear  - means, the fullscreen mode is deactivated?
  •  

poutnikl

Quote from: Christian on May 19, 2020, 21:54:43
Yes, thanx. I had fullscreen mode activated since years but the Android bottom bar disappeard since a couple of weeks.
Shall I expect that the Android bottom bar should re-appear when double tap on the screen and the LM bars appear  - means, the fullscreen mode is deactivated?

Just by chance,
can it be the case you have  activated Android swipe gestures instead of prior soft buttons Back/Home/Tasklist ?
( Settings, System, Gestures System navigation )

Sent from my Xiaomi MI A2 / Android 10, via Tapatalk

Christian

No. The soft buttons are activated.
  •