[APP] - version 3.45.+ ( 14. 4. 2020 )

Started by Menion, April 15, 2020, 14:07:36

Menion

@Christian
generally full-screen support in LM is not perfect. It needs to be updated to match current possibilities. I personally did not make any changes in current app system, but as a side-effect of updates of some Google libraries, it is possible that something changed. I've at least for now fixed behavior of the "Exit" function.

@karlchick
very nice!
Currently yes, only a single legend per map theme is possible. It seems you solved it perfectly :).
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Christian

•  

slarti76

Weird "Process successful" toast
Yesterday, I went biking, but had Locus recording the track, but mostly running in the background (yes, I was sometimes playing Pokémon Go...). Which was running fine, but every few minutes, there was a green "Process successful" toast popping up. I'm pretty sure it's a Locus toast, had the exact look and text that I know from open Locus. But there was no user interaction for which a toast was warranted. Everything was running fine.
I have no idea what could have caused that (saving track part perhaps?).
If I'm right and it was Locus, I think Locus shouldn't do toasts while in background, especially not if everything's fine. Another thing would be an error, but at least there should be more information what actually happened...
  •  

slarti76

Another thing:
See the attached screenshot. An obviously unrealistic hiking time estimation: The profile says "600 Vm/h" downwards, but the whole track with 640m descent and even 80m ascent should be done in less than half an hour?! I know these calculations are rough at best, but that is sooo off...
  •  

poutnikl

I tried to calculate a mountain hike I once took from Cortina d'Ampezzo to Tofana di Rozes in Dolomites I once took.

The way up was about 13 km and cca 2000 m ascend. I have selected  Take a hike profile in LM4 beta b936 which  calculated about 10.5 hours.

But it calculated about the same time for the trip up and down 26 km long. ( using the mountain top as viapoint ).

Sent from my Xiaomi MI A2 / Android 10, via Tapatalk

Menion

@slarti76
I'm sure, you will recognize app toast as no other app I know have such colored popups. Anyway simple "Process successful" is called a hundred times in the app, so it is impossible to say what it means. Maybe some ANT/BT sensors that notify on correct re-connection?

Incorrect time in the "Trip time" screen happens also with the latest beta? Because I made some changes there.

Anyway same for @poutnikl : in case of weird values, please share a GPX with me so I may simulate it. Or if anyone interested, I may gladly publish the source code of this pretty simple algorithm. Maybe someone will be a better idea of how to do it.
  •  

poutnikl

I have attached export.zip, containing 2 TofdRoses GPX files.

1 is just way up from Cortina d' Ampezzo to Tofana Di Rozes, generated by BRouter, 2 is with additional way back down. It is about 13, resp. 26 km, cca 2000 M ascend. ( The route is just for the debugging, the true path up was then along the west side ferrata )

Both are provided in the Route planner with trip estimation time cca 10h 38 min with profile "Take a hike" in LM4 beta 936.

But what I have not noticed earlier, the track manager shows for these routes some crazy values, like 430000 resp.870000 hours. It seems like an ugly bug somewhere.

http://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/5ecb53367b6c6/export.zip

Sent from my Xiaomi MI A2 / Android 10, via Tapatalk

Menion

The stupid issue, thanks a lot Libor!
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: menion on May 25, 2020, 06:53:51
@slarti76
I'm sure, you will recognize app toast as no other app I know have such colored popups. Anyway simple "Process successful" is called a hundred times in the app, so it is impossible to say what it means. Maybe some ANT/BT sensors that notify on correct re-connection?
Nope, nothing special (or not-so-special) connected.
And my question was more if Locus should really show such generic toasts when in background at all. Error messages, sure, but a simple "everything's OK" when in background? My email app also doesn't show a toast when it checked the server without an error (and without messages).
  •  

Menion

Locus also does not show such toasts when for example check for news or any other background task. This have to be a result of some more important operation, that's why there is such a "useless" toast. If this will continue in the next versions and you'll want to solve it, I may prepare a version that will print out into a log, which function displayed this info ...
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: menion on May 25, 2020, 09:21:53
Locus also does not show such toasts when for example check for news or any other background task. This have to be a result of some more important operation, that's why there is such a "useless" toast. If this will continue in the next versions and you'll want to solve it, I may prepare a version that will print out into a log, which function displayed this info ...
Wouldn't it make sense to put more information in this toast in any case? Like, eg. "Locus: BT reconnect successful"? I mean, perhaps it turns out it's a useful toast - I didn't want to imply that it's useless in any case. I just think something as generic as "Process successful" should only ever be used as a direct result of a user interaction.
  •  

Menion

Till now, I never considered this as a problem. Such a message almost always popup as a result of any visible action. So usually you directly see for example "Exporting..." dialog and then popup this message.

So sure, it makes sense to have more info in this your popup, it is just usually not needed.
  •