Started by Menion, April 15, 2020, 14:07:36

Menion

Important links
- list of news of public versions

Versions
15. 4. 2020 - Locus 3.45.0
23. 4. 2020 - Locus 3.45.1
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Tapio

Thanks for the new version, you worked very hard. Can you remove the "active profiles" limitation at some point? E. g., I'd rather display like 6 hiking profiles, but the icons can be misleading, because they are static. I refer to - see attachment.

I also was wondering if a more direct access to the routing profiles would be nice. Currently we have to assign them to a button first, a bit of a static approach. Maybe something like an additional dropdown with profiles to pick from, for the routing profile power users... Especially in "recalculate all" I think it is nice to have.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Menion

Hi tapio
there is a big problem with setup of profiles. It comes from history and also from the united system across all routing systems in the app. All profiles have to have unique identification that is hardcoded in the application so it cannot be dynamic (like that user say "I want six hiking profiles").

So it is doable, I was also thinking about it and like this idea (to be simply able to define own routing profiles like for example "Presets"), but it is quite a lot of work ... so later ;).
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

poutnikl

Quote from: menion on April 16, 2020, 08:44:54
...there is a big problem with setup of profiles. It comes from history and also from the united system across all routing systems in the app. All profiles have to have unique identification that is hardcoded in the application so it cannot be dynamic (like that user say "I want six hiking profiles")....

What about just implement the profile icon assigning/resetting ?

Menion

Every ID has definition if it's hike/bike/car category => based on this, some other parameters are used, like compute of time estimates etc. As I wrote ... it's not so simple :)

Really, I was already thinking about it and I can't simply change the current system to allow bigger modification of BRouter profiles ... for now ;).

Henk van der Spek

* fix: incorrect stop of navigation/guidance at the app exit, topic
This is not solved yet on Android 9. Version 3.45 still stays on in the background. Only closes fully after swiping up in the recent apps overview.

BUT: I did more testing and for me it now seems not related to an active guiding.
I have the same behaviour without an active guiding. If I only close Locus through the App itself (back button and confirm) even after 5 minutes Locus does the instant start. (The "sleeping" time is something like 10 seconds right?).
The behaviour is confirmed by the battery stats for the app: acitive 30 mins; backgroud 2 1/2 hours

I also tested all settings for Locus to bypass the screen unlock. Makes no difference. (Normally basic).
Also Locus as a service (normally off) makes no difference.

PS. in the topic I wrote about the active guiding as the probable cause but now I realise that only notified me of the problem through the beep sounding when we went off track too far.

PS2. The Motorola One got an update to Android 10 and the behaviour is exactly the same: Locus does not shut off unless I also "swipe up".
Motorola G82 5G 6/128 Android 13 and Motorola Moto G73 5G 8/256 Android 13
  •  

Tapio

If Audio channel is "Notification" and I want to change volume in <see attachment>, Locus instantly crashes.

BTW, I'd love to have Locus audio on the alarm channel, can you add this one? It's the most secure and predictable for me, because I do just alarm things/important audio there and I have Tasker keeping control over a useful volume level.

Background: Today I was a bit too optimistic relying on audio routing. There was no more voice and I thought "ok, just follow the path" and after 2km - in wrong direction - I recognized, media volume was set to zero. Most likely because there was accidental pressure on the phones volume knobs. The good part: the new route was lovely.
  •  

slarti76

I'm not really sure what got improved about the two-finger measuring?!
The distance is still not better highlighted (eg. with a different background) and it's possible to get it hidden by the magnifier. See screenshot
  •  

freischneider

Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: freischneider on April 20, 2020, 09:34:19I think the measurement is good.
Did you look at the screenshot of Slarti? It's not good.
  •  

Menion

@Henk van der Spek
weird problem with the closing of the app. Unfortunately, I have the only device with Android 10+ (Pixel 2) and there is no such problem > so little unsolvable for me for now.

I'm not 100% sure what changes I made in the recent version but I hope that issue with guidance beeping is really solved. Fact, that app is not perfectly closed is not a real problem, to be true, full-close of the app is weird (and generally not recommended) on Android. The problem should be in the case, such minimized app will still suck your battery (which I believe/hope does not happen).

Anyway, in the moment I notice same issue on my device (or I'll receive more similar bug-reports), I'll, of course, solve it somehow.

@tapio
you wrote "there was accidental pressure on the phones volume knobs" > app set one channel as active and when this app is active, volume controls control this channel! So in case, you choose "Alarm" channel, then volume up/down will control this channel so the problem will be the same.

I also did not have any crash when changing volume when "Notification" channel is active. The log will be needed here if you want to fix it.

@slarti76
distance text has a white border and arrows has a light white background. So on some dark maps, both should be better visible. Fact that value is hidden behind magnifier is another story. Value is simply put into center of the line and here is a result ...

Tapio

SERIOUS. New stable version 3.45.1, it starts with an error message. I had to make a restore. From backup yesterday. After restore it works. Could be a problem on my end, database file broken? IDK. Didn't try restart because backup was new enough.
  •  

Menion

@0709
again ok with the latest version? Hmm ... :)

@tapio
well, hard to help here ... I'm glad you had a backup!
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Tapio

Very good that Locus keeps the corupt db and names it accordingly.

I'm a backup junkie, so, cases of loss became increasingly rare over the last decades. The backup road is full of learning by pain.  ;D Most nasty thing is to realize after loss and after years, that you didn't include something important in the backup. Well, this is offtopic.
  •  

balloni55

@ Petr
and how can user terminate subscription??
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.0 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •