Locus Map 4, discussion (alpha)

Started by Menion, December 06, 2019, 14:57:45

Tapio

Quote from: Andrew Heard on December 07, 2020, 07:44:04
Now that so many buttons can be added to the main menu (settings > controlling > panels > # rows), it would be very useful that buttons could be dragged to change positions. The only way to swap positions at present is to assign an unused (temporary) function to button1, then reassign button2, then reassign button1. Tedious.
? They can be dragged and it's not new...
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: tapio on December 09, 2020, 22:45:50
? They can be dragged and it's not new...
@tapio - whoops, confirmed - my bad ;-)
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

Menion

Warning
Tomorrow will be completely removed content in the sync database (it has no effect on data on the devices). We are doing the last fine-tunning. The new application will be prepared tomorrow with a connection to the final database server.

What you will have to do:
- install tomorrow new application
- from your primary! the device, upload (again, yes sorry), your data to the cloud

Suggestion: there is nothing better than good old "full backup" on the primary device before sync ;).

Thanks for understaning. Btw. web route planner is really close for first public test ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Tapio

Web route planner:

In order to have planned routes on the device, will this need a full sync? I have not much need in uploading all of my stuff, just some folders... I.e., I'm still interested in a black/whitelist mechanism for syncing.
  •  

Menion

Yes, for now, it will be the requirement.
You want to use direct download of planned routes from the web = you must have enabled a sync system. And opposite > you have enabled sync system > you will see all your tracks/routes on the web.
  •  

Tapio

There's no file on the GDrive.
  •  

Menion

New version 3.49.1.7 - 974 just uploaded.

@tapio
Sure, it isn't, because I was preparing a version working with a new cloud sync server as mentioned before.

All data you sync since now will be stored in the final production server. No more changes in server & structure are planned.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: luce

jonny.blue

started sync on my primary phone ... all worked well.
Tried to sync my tablet then ... structure was loaded but no content.
Error below
  •  

Andrew Heard

@menion testing 3.49.1.7 - 974

• online BRouter working
  • online LoPoints working - any settings to filter? I assume this is a work-in-progress like offline LoPoints (beta).
  • "tasks" button in Route Planner?
  • Cloud Sync - bad news - 1st manual sync from phone OK; why on 2nd sync is there message "Groups - deleting data" & "Tracks - deleting data"? Anyway, 2nd sync OK too. Then tablet - noticed 2 folders of all 2020/ 2019 tracks were gone? Good test for 1st manual sync; same error as @jonny.blue - code 14199 - although text is "Whoops - unexpected error". Maybe different language. tap Back > tap Continue > same. Now (again) there are two mostly duplicate groups of track folders. One "tracks" group has folders "2020".."2015", and the other "tracks" group has folders "2018".."2015", with some other special ones. Point groups are again all duplicated, similar to folders. I haven't deleted anything yet in case there is some useful information @menion can use. Fortunately phone tracks/ points are OK but not wanting to do another sync & have to revert to backup.
  • menu > Nearest points > I can see a dialog with list of points behind the main menu; the main menu should be hidden.
  •  

Tapio

I cannot find the setting for background brouter routing files download, where is it? Anyone?
I am using "Brouter (inner)" (sounds weird, should be "internal").
  •  

freischneider

@ Tapio:
Menu / further functions / Beta-testing
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: freischneider on December 12, 2020, 15:03:04
@ Tapio:
Menu / further functions / Beta-testing
That's the manual downloading, but I was expecting to find settings for the background service.
Also, I do not see segment download in the route planner.

In Lopoints(beta) the checkbox "Show on map" imo has no effect and is not needed any more.
  •  

zossebart

Quote from: tapio on December 13, 2020, 10:04:56
Also, I do not see segment download in the route planner.

Try to create a route in an area where you not have routing data yet. Locus will detect this and offer routing data download (in the backround) for this area.

PS: noticed one thing with the surface display in route planner: the surface "grass_paver" is displayed as "grass". I would have expected this to be "paved", but maybe this has to be discussed further. I stumbled over this because an agricultural track I know showed "grass" surface, in reality it is paved with grass-pavers, but with gravel/earth instead of grass in the holes.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

freischneider

Different procedures for closing the screen.

Screens without full screen:

Map Content Panel: swipe left
Main menu: swipe down
Track recording: swipe left
Point and cache: swiping is not possible, just click on the map

Screens full screen:
Track view: Left arrow
Data manager: left arrow
Route planner: left arrow

All screens with full screen are uniform.
Screens without full picture are not uniform. You cannot swipe down at point and cache here.
I want to do it intuitively, but it doesn't work.
Please integrate the swipe down here.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Andrew Heard

As per https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=6817.msg61468#msg61468

I deleted the whole tablet folder again /Locus/data/database

I then performed a fresh manual Live Sync into the tablet. Some track groups are OK, others are duplicated. Each duplicate group has the same folders but no points in it.

The point groups are even more strange. One case - the (master) phone has a single NSW-ACT group containing 2 folders (general & homes) whereas the tablet now has a NSW group (general & homes folders are both empty), and the correct NSW-ACT group containing 2 folders (general & homes). Where has this zombie NSW group come from? Could the hyphen in the group name be causing problems?

Other point group folders are duplicated in same manner as the track groups.
  •