Re: [APP] - version 3.39.+ ( 25. 7. 2019 )

Started by Menion, July 25, 2019, 15:34:13

Tapio

New Beta: would like to test shading as part of preset system, but presets cannot be edited, missing "Edit" menu item.

Are you also working on improving how shading overlay looks like, as talked about in helpdesk?

For those who don't know, map shading is IMO the best possible way to see elevations. See attachment.

The changing of shading gradients, which needs to be done often, because the depend of the area elevation, is too deeply buried in the UI. See https://youtu.be/mI6vk8bDu2w
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

I have the item "shading" in BETA version preferences. I have several topics to choose from: shading, lowland, highlands, Alps and mountains.
  •  

Menion

@Viajero Perdido
hey, you saw white grizzly alive! He is beautiful.

@Žajdlík Josef
I noticed this as well. Have to improve it. Problem is that after recalculation, navigation is stopped and then restarted with the newly computed route. And this cause "disabling" preset and it's enabling, so definitely something I have to change.

@tapio
missing "Edit" ... check if you have enabled "Advanced" option in top toolbar. I'm thinking about removing of this option ...

Improving overlays? If I remember, we talked about possible usage of blend modes and test show me no usable results. Option to quickly change custom color palette ... do not know, but I think that there won't be too much people who use it like you do :).
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

Quote from: menion on September 05, 2019, 10:03:46
@Žajdlík Josef
I noticed this as well. Have to improve it. Problem is that after recalculation, navigation is stopped and then restarted with the newly computed route. And this cause "disabling" preset and it's enabling, so definitely something I have to change.

I suggest you delete the message completely if the preset is loaded correctly.
  •  

Tapio

Forgot about the checkbox, thx. Yes, blend mode, because currently the overlay makes the text brighter, that thing.
Well I will make some advertising, I reckon millions of Locus users will use that kind of overlays then 😁 I understand it is an unloved child because performance, but a) it's useful for planning, ie does not always need to be turned in and b) smartphones get stronger. Mine handles it easily.
  •  

Tapio

The shading in presets is well done, because it saves the individual shading setting... thx.
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

It would not be bad to be able to set automatic temporary Preset even for Route Planner. For example, shading the map would be practical. But it is just a thought for the future.
  •  

balloni55

the blue background color of buttons is back, good decision  ;)
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.0 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Tapio

Hi Menion, Beta does not do automatic preset switching when routing along a given track. Maybe you can make Locus look into the track properties and decide which preset to use. If not, fallback on the walking preset.
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on September 04, 2019, 21:08:57
Hello, I've published 3.39.4.2 version with many less or more smaller fixes.

Mentioned two problems anyway most probably still be there.

@Andrew Heard or @balloni55 , does anyone of you have a backup of settings with these incorrectly defined styles for old profiles? Thanks

@john_percy
it should be repeatable on my phone, I'll try it, thanks
thanks balonni & menion, am currently cycle touring, so not as nicely formatted reply from me. I confirm Wolfgang's suggestion/ observation re missing track style. Menion do you want settings ZIP for pro or beta, or no longer required?

The dashboard text is now visually identical with pro & beta thanks.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Andrew Heard

Have noticed in latest beta if I try to tap eye/ visibility of a point down near the end of a list, the wrong or no point is toggled, and the list is scrolled to another position. I hope that makes sense?
  •  

Menion

Not needed thanks. I've found that some my few years old tracks has the same problem.

About enabling points: careful .. there is a quick slider on the right side and it takes a while till it disappear after scroll.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Viajero Perdido

I have some feedback on the new built-in GPS Averaging feature in beta 3.39.4.2:

First, the really obvious glitch.  My true coordinates are N53 W113, but the averaging screen shows S113 E053!  N/S are switched, E/W are switched, and even the order between the two numbers is switched.  Oh, and there's a leading zero that's not needed.  Also, it shows a distance of almost 14000km, which I assume is half the circumference of the earth.

But more importantly, there's an issue that's been around for years.  Once you tap Confirm, you're back at the point's Basic Info screen, with correct coordinates.  But the altitude is not what you just measured.  It appears to be SRTM altitude, but who wants that number when you've just measured a more accurate one with GPS?  And "Get" is ambiguous; what does it do?  (My best guess is, fetches SRTM altitude again, if not already known.)

Occasionally I like to measure peak altitudes for updating OSM, but have to remember to record the altitude separately because I can't trust the built-in field.  (Can't trust because it's ambiguous, and the number is different than I expected to see.)

Also, the choice of "GPS Averaging" as the name could cause confusion, as it's the same as the name of an external app doing the same function.  Since "My Location" and "GPS Averaging" are similar concepts, maybe you want different names such "My Location - Quick" and "My Location - Averaged"?

And one time only (first time), when I tapped "Get", the app disappeared.  A few times after that, no problem.

PS, it's a great solution to the problem of the external app having become malware.  Though for my own use, I managed to find an old good copy.
  •  

slarti76

The release notes for new beta said something about "improved system for pick of location". I only see a few more options and possibility to remove custom points - is that what is meant or is there more I'm not seeing?
Anyway, could you make that list sortable? That would be a nice improvement...
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on September 05, 2019, 20:17:33
About enabling points: careful .. there is a quick slider on the right side and it takes a while till it disappear after scroll.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
@menion - but it's not an issue with pro, only beta. It is most annoying when you tap on an item and the list moves to another position to avoid you.

PS: is the slider a new feature? Yes, I notice it now, thanks. However even knowing this fact, it still seems inconsistent/ unpredictable at times.
  •