Re: [APP] - version 3.36.+ ( 30. 1. 2019 )

Started by Menion, January 30, 2019, 14:43:06

lor74cas

Quote from: menion on February 08, 2019, 12:16:50
New beta version 3.36.2.1
Import & export of Garmin FIT files
finally? FIT files should be fully supported anyway testing is needed as I'm not yet perfectly familiar with this format.

Looking forward to useful feedback and wish a nice weekend!

tested with fit file from my garmin forerunner 235 all works correctly, good job.
Now I can uninstall gpsbabel from the pc?  ;D
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

john_percy

Under certain circumstances the (cubic-curved) contour lines on vector maps are drawn twice, differently. I think it may be to do with zooming in quickly from the world overview map when there is a high density of contours. See attachment. This is using a Mapsforge v3 map from OAM.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

balloni55

hello menion
due to geman thread
https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=6465.new#new
i confirm problem with not recognized changes in settings of "POI alert"
count of beep can be changed and tested, but the value is not stored an stay allways by 1 in function
BTW, i compared settings in BETA :-[ are they gone :o
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.0 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

@john_percy
at least restart should be solved now, maybe :)

Anyway, I thought you wanted to do the clearing of theme cache this because of some own experiments. Doing this by users is of course nonsense. I'll have to look into source code of whole V4 mapsForge, because this cache for icons (if any) have to be fully automatic.

Contour lines ... uh. I'll forward this to Petr with hope he will have any idea :)

@zossebart
this sample does not work for you? Do not forget to set "Package"

@lor74cas
perfect. I've found one more small issue with import

@balloni55
hmm thanks, I'll look at it. Setup of notifications: just click on the line (title) with toggle button
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

voldapet

@john_percy Regarding contour lines. Maybe stupid question but are you sure that  the theme is correctly defined? Is there only one definition for contour line (with parameter curve="cubic" )?  It seems that the contour lines have different thickness. So I think that there is second definition in your theme for contour lines without curve=cubic parameter.
Maybe one more question: is the the world overview map raster or vector map?
  •  

michaelbechtold

Just looked at Hill of Gairney example for John's contour issue:
Test:
- OAM Great Britain
- W1-10 world map
- Elevate LE or Hilo V10
Result: no duplicate contour lines whatsoever.
Good luck
Cheers
Michael
  •  

john_percy

@voldapet, @ michaelbechtold
Thanks for the feedback. Normally the display is perfectly OK. I've done some more trials and I can reproduce the effect fairly reliably by a series of rapid "flings" of the map, moving the map before it has a chance to redraw completely. (In real life, this occured when moving quickly to a new location.) I can get the effect maybe one time out of ten or twenty. It seems to require an area with many contour lines but does not depend on zooming out to the world map. I have made it happen with OAMaps of GB and of UK_Scotland, and with the LoMap of Scotland. I have made it happen with my Voluntary theme and with the built in Hike & Bike theme. (By the way, I checked and contour lines are not duplicated in my theme.)
Once Locus is displaying the double contour lines, they continue to be displayed on zooming in or out, scaled appropriately. The duplicate set disappears on reloading the theme or the map.

@menion Thanks.
  •  

balloni55

QuoteSetup of notifications: just click on the line (title) with toggle button
thanks,
puuh, well hidden ???

EDIT: change values in Beta work :)
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

voldapet

@john_percy
Thanks for detailed description. Unfortunately I'm not able to simulate it...and if we can't simulate it, we can't solve it :-/
  •  

john_percy

@voldapet
Try this, which reproduces every time for me:
Map: LoMap Scotland
Theme: Internal Hike & Bike
1. ZL 14
2. Now zoom out to ZL 13
3. Then zoom back to ZL 14. (Despite what I said earlier, no need for speed.) For me, extra contour lines appear, which can be noted by the increased darkness of the map
4. Lock the zoom and magnify the screen to see this more clearly.
Reset the theme or the map and the map image corrects itself.
The screenshots below are in this order.
The "fast fling" whereby I encountered the effect originally is unnecessary. The same effect happens with other themes and maps of the same area, and with or without hardware acceleration.

•  

zossebart

Quote from: menion on February 13, 2019, 09:34:57
@zossebart
this sample does not work for you? Do not forget to set "Package"

Ahh thanks for the example, of course it works! I must have been blind to not see this in the list of supported functions, although I searched it before...

In general, is this the preferred way for HW-Buttons interaction now? Will the method over config.cfg be deprecated in the future?

Gesendet von meinem D5503 mit Tapatalk

•  

Menion

Finally Groundspeak fixed some problem in setup of Locus Map on their server, so new version 3.36.2.4 published with the second version of login to Geocaching API, so let me know if it works, thanks!

@zossebart
I think that both systems are needed. In config is predefined few methods and you may directly attach hardware buttons to them. Useful for direct support of BT controllers for example. Configuration over API (tasker for example) is a lot more flexible and possibilities are almost unlimited (limited only by what I offer over API), but they need a lot skilled user to setup it properly :).
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

Google Drive vs. Locus Beta 3.36.2.4
After installing Locus Beta, you need to unregister your Google Account at Locus. After newly created logins, Google Drive in Locus Beta works. Unfortunately, at the same time, the sign in the PRO version was canceled. This is not a way out of the Beta, so now you can not sign in with the PRO version on Google Drive.

CZ:
Po instalaci Locus Beta bylo třeba zrušit přihlášení k účtu Google v Locusu. Po nově vytvořeném přihlášení už Google Drive v Locus Beta funguje. Bohužel současně došlo i ke zrušení přihlášení ve verzi PRO. U ní už postup z Bety nefunguje a nyní tedy nelze se s verzí PRO přihlásit do Google Drive.
  •  

balloni55

Beta 3.36.2.4
Geocaching tools "Login requiered" > no reaction if i click anywhere  :-[
LoadPocket Queries, new window open "Geocaching"  www.geocaching.com, waiting....
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

@Žajdlík Josef
I believe I've found a reason for your issues and they are solved in Beta ... you confirmed it, perfect.
In Pro, login most probably expired and usually, it is automatically restored, but because of your issue, it does not work anymore. Sorry for this, Beta needed :).

@balloni55
not clear from UI, I know, but the top panel with "Login required" is not clickable. It is the same as in Pro version > just information panel. Login is automatically called at the moment, you use the function that  needs a login, like load of PQ files.
Anyway even here, you see only "loading", hmm. In which browser login opens? Or you see a browser with the same blue top panel as is in Locus (and "Powered by Chrome" visible under top right three-dot menu)?
  •