Re: [APP] - version 3.36.+ ( 30. 1. 2019 )

Started by Menion, January 30, 2019, 14:43:06

jonny.blue

The import of a pocket query looks as if it stops in the middle of loading ....🤔
  •  

locus.sv@heime.org

I get the same errors as Jonny.blue regarding trackables.
  •  

alezy

Some issues:
1. Track style editor opens very-very slow, about 8 seconds.
2. If I'll configure line slyle in route planner, it is not applied on manually drawn segments, only for calculated. And sometimes style editor is "frozen", so I cann't edit values or select checkboxes and it is automatically closed.
3. And in Pro version I've seen one dialog box with confusing text, I cann't reproduce it again. It was shown after I've changed track style and press back key some times. Text on sceenshot is translated like "You have unchanged changes. Do you really want to cancel". And two buttons Cancel and Cancel :)
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

If anyone has encountered a problem with connecting to Google Drive in the PRO version after updating the Beta, then I offer a solution. Just create a backup in the Beta version and then open it in the Pro version. Access to Google Drive will resume.

Cz: Jestli někdo narazil na problém s připojením ke Google Drive ve verzi PRO po aktualizaci verze Beta, pak nabízím řešení. Stačí ve verzi Beta vytvořit zálohu nastavení a pak ji otevřít ve verzi Pro. Přístup ke Google Drive se obnoví.
  •  

voldapet

@john_percy
Thank you for detailed steps but I can't still simulate it. However it seems that in the 3th step (when you zoom back to the level 14),  the same map or maybe another one is also rendered. If you want to play with it - please disable automap loading (Settings > Maps > Offline maps), check that map overlay is also disabled and try it again. Thanks, Petr
  •  

john_percy

@voldapet: turning off automatic map loading for vector maps does indeed stop this effect.

Edit: furthermore, it is connected with the fact that I have maps with overlapping coverage in this area. LoMaps Scotland, OAMaps UK_Scotland, and OAMaps Great Britain. If I disable any two of the maps, the effect doesn't happen. (It may be worth noting that UK_Scotland has contour intervals of half the other two maps.)

Edit2: I can confirm that the extra contour lines are due to *both* the standard and the higher resolution sets displaying at the same time.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

lor74cas

Hello,
today my wife was looking fom my position with locus on his 5.1 androd device.
She was able to follow me all the time, at the end exited locus but live tracking notification was still present. No way to delete it, not with the stop button, not with swipe, not with starting and exiting again form locus.
Just a reboot of the devicee did the trick.
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: alezy on February 17, 2019, 10:03:57
1. Track style editor opens very-very slow, about 8 seconds.
@alezy - OK for me

Quote from: alezy on February 17, 2019, 10:03:57
2. If I'll configure line slyle in route planner, it is not applied on manually drawn segments, only for calculated.
confirmed - but maybe this is intentional to distinguish manual from calculated? I don't mind that.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

alezy

Quote from: Andrew Heard on February 18, 2019, 00:57:55
@alezy - OK for me
Maybe problem with my device (Android 5.0.1 on MediaTek X10 processor), but I think that showing editor is rather simple operation and it must be completed more quickly.
Quote from: Andrew Heard on February 18, 2019, 00:57:55
confirmed - but maybe this is intentional to distinguish manual from calculated? I don't mind that.
Even if it is made  intentionally line width and color must be applied to all route segments.
  •  

Menion

@Žajdlík Josef
thanks very much. You have found quite a serious issue in parsing GPX files (that are received from BRouter as well), will be fixed!

@jonny.blue, @locus.sv@heime.org
I've found a few issues related to "Forbidden" error > improved. Anyway it's because of some missing info in the request but there is so many combinations ... you have item, somebody other has tb item, it's in some cache where you are now, different cache .. ah ... next version and we will see :). The error message should be now exact text from Groundspeak so hope it tells more if the error appears again.

Problem with the import of PQ, if any, is definitely not related to Geocaching itself. If you download your PQ file and start import manually, the same issue happen? It will be most probably the same issue as I fixed based on Josef feedback (start of this post). So please test the next version.

@alezy
1. "slow open" > only in Route planner or also in detail of already stored tracks? I see no similar issue. Does it happen also when the route planner is clean, with no track planned yet?
2. hmm, this is most probably correct, good observation. I have a todo list of bigger tasks to improve in Route planner when there will be "Route planner work-time". Even if this does not look, it is a more complicated task. As also @Andrew Heard wrote, it is not a big problem. On the second side, even manually draw long line colored by elevation from HGT should be really useful, so I consider this as something, that should be improved.
3. dialog ... heh, nice, but I tried for a while to find it, but no success so far

@lor74cas
really interesting, never saw this problem :/. Will be watching it, so thanks for the report.

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

alezy

@menion
"slow open" - always, in route planner with or without route and in track details too. I was looking for logcat, but no any interesting info found.
  •  

Menion

Version 3.36.2.6 published.

@alezy
hmm let's try one thing ...
- update to new beta version
- after start, long! click on the main menu icon a in new "Dev menu" click on the "measure method usage". Right after this open any track or Route planner and be ready to just once click on "Line style" to open editor.
- after you will see "Tracking started" (after 10 seconds), just once click on "Line style" to open editor and leave it be until you will see another green toast with "Tracing finished into file ..." (after one minute).
- send me or attach here generated file (placed in root of Locus folder).
Thanks
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

alezy

•  

Žajdlík Josef

Beta 3.36.2.6
Navigation from both internal and user profiles is fully functional again. Good job.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

locus.sv@heime.org

I tried to log found it on a cache and also log visited on two trackables. The trackables failed and the app also tried to log found it twice.

If I log the cache without any trackables, it is logged only one time.
  •