Re: [APP] - version 3.36.+ ( 30. 1. 2019 )

Started by Menion, January 30, 2019, 14:43:06

Menion

Important links
- list of news of public versions

Versions
30. 1. 2019 - Locus 3.36.0
1. 2. 2019 - Locus 3.36.1
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Erelen

(sorry, can't reply to old topic)

Menion, January 28, 2019, 16:21:27:
QuoteIts main purpose is for quick access to functions over hardware controller mounted on the bike for example.
So, what about adding hardware buton for this menu to config.cfg?
And several more commands? ;)
  •  

jonny.blue

Hi,
sorting points by geocaching->favorites doesn't work for me.
They remain unsorted.

Other sort options are working correct.

PS: it seems as if there is a confusion between favorite and gcvote option.
  •  

Tapio

Awesome release. I must admit: now with the possibility to sort by elevation gain, I wish it would calculate, display and allow sorting by elevgain/distance. I.e. elevation gain per km. So we can easily plan and see, at least it is a hint, on how exhausting a track is...
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on January 30, 2019, 14:43:06
It is really interesting with your notifications. Isn't possible, it was a notification from for example "GPS lost fix"?
@menion (actual quote from 3.35+) - my "GPS lost" notification is custom 5-beep OGG file, so no, I have no explanation of source for this single-short-beep other than the POI alert system. It is the only when POI alerts are enabled this single-beep will be heard. Is there any change to POI alerts in 3.36.0 Pro (other than button color) for testing - it appears the Beta POI alert UI hasn't been migrated to Pro?
LM4.21.1.5 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Tapio

Bug? Track manager in lock screen, tracks sorted by elev. gain.
Unlock device, bring another app to front, go back to Locus: Track screen says it has no data.

Menion

@Erelen
this and many other commands are already possible ;)
https://github.com/asamm/locus-api/wiki/Action-tasks-(Broadcasts)

@jonny.blue
precise estimate: switched sorting for favorites and GCVote, thanks solved.

@tapio
hmm this is close to some "universal difficulty index" (something like IBP index) that should display next to every track and that will inform about optimized difficulty, easily comparable with other tracks.

Bug? Ah, yes, thanks!

@Andrew Heard
how POI alert looks in Pro or Free (beta) is not too important here. Service that takes care about notification is the same in both versions. Anyway, I'll try to test it a little bit as well.
  •  

Tapio

Maybe a bug. I was editing the presets, because of the new possible settings... and Locus always decided to freeze after a while.
  •  

locus.sv@heime.org

Bug?: After searching for points with the new search, there is a tool in the search result for selecting all points and for inverting the selection. This tool is still visible after going back to the search form.
  •  

Menion

Ah thanks, fixed.

@tapio
I was just playing with it maybe 5 minutes and no problem so far. For you, app completely freeze that you see "Application not responding" dialog?
  •  

Tapio

Yes exactly. And before my patience ended I killed the instance. Which was maybe after 15s
Will test more thoroughly and after a device restart.
  •  

Tapio

It also happens after a restart. I edit a preset, then in it I edit what is part of the preset. The page with the checkboxes. I scroll up and down, check and uncheck entries, after maybe 10 seconds it freezes.
It is on an older device, Sony Z1.
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: menion on January 31, 2019, 10:06:28
hmm this is close to some "universal difficulty index" (something like IBP index) that should display next to every track and that will inform about optimized difficulty, easily comparable with other tracks.
Yeah, would be great to by able to sort "by difficulty" (in terms of exhausting) for all the sportive enthusiasts, who e.g. do hiking for preparation of more difficult tracks, or just for the sports side of life.

IBP, quite interesting stuff. Lots of attributes mixed for an index number. But is their algorithm open?Here's the analysis of a day trip I had, oh I had a bad day I remember...
https://www.ibpindex.com/ibpindex/ibp_analisis_completo.php?REF=37582812591524&LAN=en&MOD=HKG
Edit: I'm not convinced about the algorithm. A hiking trip in Germany Sauerland hat a higher Index than one in the Austrian Alps. Which was way harder.

Least and simple value you could offer is "positive elevation gain divided by distance". I fand someone here thinking about it a bit more: http://topofusion.com/forum/beta-testing/new-feature-difficulty-and-effort-index/
And Oruxmaps has IBP index according to https://www.oruxmaps.com/oruxmapsmanual_en.pdf - however they did it. I did not find the algorthmic details being open...
  •  

Tapio

I am slowly trying to switch to mf v4 maps. Mapsforge themes cannot be picked in preset manager.
  •  

Menion

I'm not saying that IPB is ideal. It is just proof of concept if something similar should not be useful create. The algorithm of IPB value is private thought.

Petr for some time works on new system how to publish tracks over Locus Store and we will need also some method how to say to users how difficult certain track is, so it is an actual topic for me.

MapsForgeV4 themes: in the current version, you need V4 maps.

@all
What do you think about visible top-right value in list of tracks for every track? Currently, there is average speed as base value (when sorted by name, dist, time or date). What about change to "elevation gain" as asked here https://help.locusmap.eu/agent/object/14703#comment-67047 ? Anyone against it?
  •