[APP] - version 3.30.+ ( 15. 3. 2018 )

Started by Menion, March 15, 2018, 12:35:05

Condor

This problem is also in BETA.        Continues also in 3.30.4.3
Do not forget about it in the new version.

http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/track-friends-vs-poi-notifications

+Edit
Field Note Manager - Locus (BETA) crach

After this fall I can not open any cache!
So I finished testing.
  •  

balloni55

QuoteI'm worried, log won't help here. As I wrote, it's a problem in detection of currently active version of Locus by add-ons
problem solved with V 3.30.4.3
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.0 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Condor

--- Locus BETA 3.30.4.3 ---

Test TB and FN log.
It duplicates TB in the cache list.
In FN manager, I only see 1 TB log (I have 3 TB logs)

I did not understand:
logs have a check mark. TB have only the send option (arrow)
How do I work with this team?

•  

Menion

So it works again? No more crashes? Needs logs if any crash happened.

Duplicate logs: what steps should I do to simulate it?

You see a single log in logs manager: most probably because remaining two are already sent? I display only information that there are some pending logs. There is no other option, compare to cache logs, how to log trackables. So you have to tap on "send" button that sends logs to web.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Condor

No crashes right now.

In FN manager, I only see 1 TB log (I have 3 TB logs offline and 1 send)

I have 7 TB in inventory.
You do not mean seriously that just for example. 10 cache will be forced 70 x click on the arrow ???

Edit: I've already managed to accumulate two. So it merges into one send.

P.S.:
Who knows how long it will take to resolve issues with this off-line fun in every cache (unnecessary) until we finish the proposed simple one-click solution without any problems.
  •  

Condor

Such a structure of function is first-order (prvoplánová) and assumes a number of unpredictable combinations of problems!

Believe me pls... Above this function thinking three years and last year intensively. Detailed description of "macro" what to do, when and in what order I described in the topic Magic One Click.
Quote from: Condor on October 13, 2015, 12:04:45
(Aspoň) Zmena default nastavenia po načítaní inventaru TB  na navštívený - je to otrava to za každým meniť pri odosielaní logu. 

Ideálny stav by bol automatická možnosť. Čiže v nastaveniach niekde označiť tuto možnosť tak aby locus túto činnosť automaticky vykonal pri odosielaní logu. Samozrejme zachovať možnosť prípadnej zmeny. Takže by musel locus prednačitať inventar už pri akcii zalogovať online a označiť všetko na navštíveny. V prípade potreby by človek na karte inventar zmenil na inú možnosť pred akciou odoslať. Ale v 99% prípadoch by sa tej karte nebolo nutné venovať. 

But OK, I am willing to test the current function as well.

+Edit:
Still ... we need to send logs from - to (marked as cache) This must of course also apply to TB!
I have to explain all the reasons for combining why?

This is not possible in the current mode.

Of course the new way to work with TB is SUPER! This one will definitely keep for sending one cache with TB. It's nice and comfortable.

Of course I give you permission to use the phrase "Magic One Click" for advertising purposes Locus.  ;) :D 8)
  •  

john_percy

Quote from: john_percy on May 11, 2018, 13:46:27
Beta still gives "Blank" as name of a Mapsforge v4 map overlay on another vector map in the style menu.

Now sorted, thanks
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

balloni55

QuoteDuplicate logs: what steps should I do to simulate it?
my setting, "always log offline"
- in field , after found i "log visit" with some text
- at home i open log inside locus "basic tab" via 3-dot button > edit, change action to > visited and confirm
- next i open FN PRO, mark this cache and upload it to GS
result, double grayed log inside locus log and double log on GS tackable page

Q: if i open the next field log of another found cache, the action after "refrech inventory" is set to "No action", how can i set this action fix to "Visited" as long as this trackable is in my hand?
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.0 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

michaelbechtold

Hi Menion, preparing for a vacation, I had to edit a lot of tracks and POIs.
The POIs behave nicely. You save from the top bar.
For tracks there is still the old mess: the top bar says "save", but if you hit that, you will in fact discard.
While the functioning "save" is hidden behind the virtual Android control buttons.
Could you PLEASE adapt the track edit behaviour to the way POIs are handled ?
TXs and cheers
Michael
  •  

Condor

Menu > Seting > Geocaching - crash

+add

Add new quick point definition window. Add .... click right top cross assuming cancel, decline, back, close ... Performs SAVE!

I note that the bottom is also a choice "save"
  •  

lor74cas

Hello,
Take a look at the coordinates in the attached image. Strange artefacts on the sea due to shadowing altitude. Beta and Pro locus map of Italy.

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Condor

@lor74cas
I'm there in the coordinates and satellite view I see the landscape around.
So what's the problem?

I would like to point out that Locus Map is not responsible for height data and possibly errors data.

https://www.google.sk/maps/place/45%C2%B042'18.7%22N+13%C2%B026'01.6%22E/@45.7050951,13.4326139,292m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d45.7052!4d13.4337833?hl=sk
  •  

lor74cas

I know locus is not responsible for height data, but if I find something strange I advise about it. The data should be correct but not the use by the app.
It's also impossible for me to find on terrein such errors but on the sea they make me think "are the data on terrein good or not?"
Altitude was always a big problem, gps accuracy is not good, barometer accuracy influenced by weather, and if we also have bad data from maps I don't know where can we find the true values.
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: menion on May 11, 2018, 14:16:31
Btw. is anyone using Tasker application for some automation? I've created quite interesting feature ( https://github.com/asamm/locus-api/wiki/Action-tasks-(Broadcasts) ) a week ago, so I'm curious if someone find it useful :).

Following this tutorial:
http://forum.joaoapps.com/index.php?resources/integrate-google-assistant-with-tasker-using-join-ifttt.206/

Now google assistant can start the recording profile "live" that I set up in locus with automatic start of livetracking. No need to touch the phone.
An add on to the profile should be the automatic send to your selected contacts by e-mail/sms/whatsup... of message that they now can follow me on locus or on the site.
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Menion

@Condor
thanks for a feedback related to the new logging system. I really believe that current solution should work perfectly. Unfortunately, I still have feedback only from you and little bit from balloni. As I wrote in different topic, if you won't agree it may works, a lot better should be to give a Skype call.

Geocaching crash? : http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:faq:how_to_create_debug_log

Quick new point: bottom "Add", then "cross" or back press and the new definition is saved?? heh ...

@balloni55
thanks, I'll try to simulate this problem tomorrow.

@lor74cas
Tasker guy? This may be interesting topic for you: http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/auto-pause-while-connected-to-my-car-via-bluetooth

And problems in HGT files ... well, we are aware that there are some artefacts in downloaded files. Maybe @voldapet will know more about it?

@michaelbechtold
ah, we discuss this in the different topic about UI problems. If you disable fullscreen mode it will work as it should. I spend on it again some time this morning and maybe one more hack may help here, so next version. Anyway, I really want to get rid of confirm buttons in the top toolbar. I know they are used in some apps, I know it may be useful in some cases because they do not waste space at the bottom and are visible always. On the second side, it is almost impossible to put these confirm buttons to top toolbar on some dialogs, all screens etc. Top confirm buttons are used only a few times in Locus now (history code), where bottom buttons are used maybe hundred times, maybe more. Thanks for understanding.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •