19. 3. 2018 - Locus 3.30.1
23. 3. 2018 - Locus 3.30.2.3 - BETA
10. 4. 2018 - Locus 3.30.2.7 - BETA
15. 4. 2018 - Locus 3.30.3
20. 4. 2018 - Locus 3.30.3.1 - BETA
26. 4. 2018 - Locus 3.30.4
18. 5. 2018 - Locus 3.30.4.5 - BETA
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Bucky Kid

lor74cas

Yesterday I downloaded the maps from the locus store to my new mobile using Pro Locus (no beta), but it did not allow me to queue the downloads.
Eg:
download the map of Italy, press the arrow back (on display or on back button it's the same) but does not return to the map menu to download the next one, it remains still on the page of the map I was currently downloading.
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

john_percy

1. I didn't really expect the Star Wars initialisation screen to make it into the final version. I think you might come up with something else.
2. Problem of losing permissions for backup directory on external SD remains, though the initial "/" has disappeared.

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Menion

@lor74cas
because of this issue, I released new version today and not yesterday. Anyway I still think, that problem is not perfectly solved. Will need more time to finally find out why this stupid "not working back" happen, sorry.

@john_percy
- initialization progress: hmm and why not? Most of information there is not useful, it just needs to display that something happen. And if this information may be little "fun", then why not. Maybe users will be angry because of few lines of texts (to be true, I expect this), then we will change it. Without try, I never know ;).
- and issue with backup ... sorry, I have absolutely no idea why this happen just on your device. Suggest to place backup dir back to default Locus/backup directory.
  •  

slarti76

Strange behaviour with new version:

• Start Locus: OK
  • Exit Locus by tapping "Back" twice: OK
  • Start Locus again: Force close
  • Start Locus again: All fine
Can be repeated indefinitely - every time after Locus was exited (not just sent to background), Locus FCs, but after that works again.

Edit: Reproducible on Galaxy Note 4 and Tab Pro 8.4, so probably not a fluke...
  •  

balloni55

Hi menion
is
Quoteimprovement of handling GPS data
only impemented in PRO ?? strength bars and used sats are different, my device lays in both cases indoor on my desk

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.0 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

@slarti76
hmm interesting. How long do you wait till you start Locus Map again? What happen if you wait more then 5 seconds?

@balloni55
you scary me little bit :). Anyway after check, both versions should be exactly same.
Suggest to start both app, one after another, and on both some "GPS-require" service, like POI Alert. Then check them quickly by switching over hardware keys. Should be really same ...
  •  

Viajero Perdido

First impression: the system notification bar is distractingly BLUE.  Ow, it hurts the eyes!  The map can be a thing of beauty, but this thing is trying to get my attention away from it.  Any chance of getting black back?

Actually, my first impression was the new startup scroll.  Love it; thanks for the laugh.

PS, I'm not seeing the force-close issue slarti76 mentioned, on either of my devices. I tested each device with both quick (<5s) and slow (>5s) restarts.  All okay here.
  •  

Menion

Glad you like funny start up. Well Star wars times are back :).
And blue status bar ... partially changed by accident, partially preparation on change in UI of main screen. I'll put it black to dark color as was before ... for now ;).

balloni55

Quoteone after another, and on both some "GPS-require" service, like POI Alert.
BTW: POI Alert is only available in Pro ;)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zmb9gk2octipi2e/Sat%20Free_Pro.mp4?dl=0
QuoteShould be really same ...
not for me and my device :-[

German language is PRO. english is FREE
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.0 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

michaelbechtold

I was hopeful reading in the change log, that full screen would only apply to maps.
Now, when handling POIs and tracks, the save buttons are still at the very bottom of the screen, messing with the soft buttons of Android.
  •  

Menion

@balloni55
sorry, for me it works same as see on screenshot from dual-screen mode

Only weird difference is height of colour columns with satellite signal, interesting. Anyway do not consider this as a problem. As I wrote before, sats are only informative value that may not be exactly accurate in latest version due to change in background system how Locus Map works with GPS.

@michaelbechtold
do not understand what is a problem now. Previously bottom panel covered bottom confirm/cancel buttons on many screens. This does not happen now, right? So new problem is, that bottom buttons are too close to bottom system navigation panel?
  •  

slarti76

1) Thanx for getting black status bar back - prefer that, too :)
2) I must admit I can't reproduce the FC all the time as written, but it happens ever so often, after long or short pause, starting Locus from launcher or recent apps scroller alike. Not really annoying, but definitely new. Need a debug log?
3) On my S5neo, the startup screen (the scrolling Star Trek/Wars thingy) does not show at all, instead for a short time I see the default map button setup, before everything's as it should be - see attachment.
  •  

Saturo

I don´t like the Star Wars startscreen. Whats the link between Star Wars and Locus?
How can it be switched off?
  •  

Christian

Quote from: Saturo on March 16, 2018, 08:46:56
I don´t like the Star Wars startscreen. Whats the link between Star Wars and Locus?
How can it be switched off?
+1
  •