[APP] - version 3.25.+ ( 9. 8. 2017 )

Started by Menion, August 09, 2017, 18:25:00

Menion

Glad to hear it ... anyway stupid mistake.

Beta is out and I'm going to sleep. Wish you nice next two days and please excuse me ... small two day bike trip with my brother-in-law, so I won't be available. Route planner and absolute slope coloring and many others expect deep testing ;). Good night
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Viajero Perdido

I just noticed something odd, and since you guys are talking about language issues, I'll mention it.

I downloaded the Vietnam map from the store last night, and I'm seeing a lot of POIs prefixed with "en" on the map.  Investigating, it seems that any POI that has a "name:en" but not "name" tags has the "en" part rendered on the map, eg "en Banh Xeo" corresponding to http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/4504245791.  OSM history tells me everything is normal at that end.

Beta does this too.

BTW, wouldn't it be more useful for the hover text to say "Banh Xeo" instead of "Restaurant"?  I already know it's a restaurant from the icon.

Thanks.
  •  

lor74cas

Hello,
in Locus Pro when I open the points end tracks window and I chose tracks or points form, the next time locus remembers the form I selected the previous time. In the beta this doesn't happen, it's always fixed to points.

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

balloni55

@ lor74cas
QuoteIn the beta this doesn't happen, it's always fixed to points
have you tried V 3.25.1.5 ?
for me it open last state
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.0 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: balloni55 on August 16, 2017, 19:31:04
@ lor74cas
QuoteIn the beta this doesn't happen, it's always fixed to points
have you tried V 3.25.1.5 ?
for me it open last state
Pro 3.25.1
Beta 3.25.1.5

Inviato dal mio SM-G800F utilizzando Tapatalk
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

joeloc

@menion, my google account somehow lost beta versions access... can't test the latest fix. But the last stable that you linked here for download does NOT have the Horizontal/Vertical problem. Everything works normally. So it must be something you changed between then and now.
  •  

c.s.g.

Hi,

I have a problem using the adress search with the germany_north map of 22.07.2017 with Locus Pro 3.25.1 on my Samsung Galaxy Note 4, Android 6.0.1 Stock ROM.

I. e. when i search for Wesselburen via "Suche nach Adresse (offline)" the blue icon with the envelope is shown at the center of Wesselburen but the red position cross is about 1 to 2 km more south placed. The offline map is centered on the screen to the red position cross!?

Doing the same search via "GeoNames und GNS" the blue icon with the magnifying lens and the red position cross are shown at the same position on the map in screen center.

Or if it have to be a bigger town ;), try Hamburg. There the offset is even bigger using "Suche nach Adresse (offline)" but works as expected using "GeoNames und GNS".

So it looks like this is a "Locus problem" rather than be a "map problem".

And: Neither the centering button nor the rotating button is active.

c.s.g.
  •  

Andrew Heard

@menion can one of the blue colors be made more different? a waste of space at present as they look very similar:

LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on August 11, 2017, 10:23:55
@Andrew Heard : hmm sorry to hear you still have issues with this function. I just tried to play around 15 minutes with it and still no problem, damn.
Just to make it clear to me ... you have an issue just with playing with latest 3.25.1 version, no switching to some older beta or Pro version, just latest update right?
You tried to describe me your issue already twice, like here http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=5720.msg48261#msg48261 , but it always looks to me like some problem caused by changing of older Locus Map Pro ( that not yet supported function panels so this option was lost ) and latest Beta.
@menion - more testing of preset function panels only using 3.25.1 Pro...

• 5 top panel buttons, 15 right panel buttons
  • panel hiding: all unchecked
  • delete all presets
  • exit Locus
  • confirm all LB files from data/presets folder are deleted
  • restart Locus
  • add 1st preset - All Buttons
  • edit content, and uncheck all options except 'Set function panels'
  • save - confirm correct summary 5|15
  • add 2nd preset - 1 Button
  • delete all buttons except "Presets' - just to make it easy to modify, nothing special about this button
  • save - confirm correct summary 1|0
  • edit All Buttons
  • wrong summary 5|1 - lost 14 RHS buttons
  • exit
  • edit 1 Button
  • correct summary 1|0
  • exit
  • edit All Buttons
  • wrong summary 5|0 - lost another RHS button

So I delete both presets again. This time I add 1st preset again and behavior is slightly different...

• 5 top panel buttons, 15 right panel buttons
  • delete all presets
  • add 1st preset - All Buttons
  • save - summary is now 5|0 whereas previous test is 5|15 - which would you expect as default?
  • and most interesting observation (previously reported) - tapping the 'Set current context button' - none of the existing 15 RHS buttons are added to the list of preset function panels - see screen cap

Have you tested with so many RHS buttons?
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: Andrew Heard on August 17, 2017, 06:17:04
@menion can one of the blue colors be made more different? a waste of space at present as they look very similar:

I think they should be kept, but there's definitely space for a lighter blue, like #7777FF would be nice. And while we're at it, a dark gray like #777777 wouldn't hurt either, as would a real dark green like #005500.
Menion, I know that these colors have a very systematic origin (you sent me the PDF), but looking at them in practice, I feel there's some missing that are more likely to be used in "real life".
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: slarti76 on August 17, 2017, 08:37:33I think they should be kept, but there's definitely space for a lighter blue, like #7777FF would be nice. And while we're at it, a dark gray like #777777 wouldn't hurt either, as would a real dark green like #005500.
Menion, I know that these colors have a very systematic origin (you sent me the PDF), but looking at them in practice, I feel there's some missing that are more likely to be used in "real life".
PS: Being able to define personal custom colors would be the best, of course. Could be displayed as third section after "ZX Spectrum" and "Secondary Colors".
  •  

Viajero Perdido

A couple of minor glitches in 3.25.1 (non-beta):

When I imported 6 PQs at once (from Geocaching Tools), the progress dialog said "files: 7".  Happened on both my devices, and I carefully counted my checkboxes the second time.  Six.

When I imported a single PQ from the bottom of a long list, the Line Tools or Middle Point dialog popped up unexpectedly.  Either my tap on the PQ checkbox or the tap on the button to begin importing was also received by the Geocaching Tools panel behind it.  Right around the bottom of the screen.  (I'm not using full-screen mode.)

But the imports seem to be working fine, so no big deal.

I'm going offline soon, so won't be able to reply to anything.
  •  

voldapet

Quote from: Viajero Perdido on August 16, 2017, 06:36:40
Investigating, it seems that any POI that has a "name:en" but not "name" tags has the "en" part rendered on the map, eg "en Banh Xeo" corresponding to http://www.openstreetmap.org/node/4504245791
Thank you - Fixed

Locus by default shows the name of the poi  - try for example this one https://www.openstreetmap.org/node/3575188505
The node "Banh Xeo" is little bit complicated  because there is defined only the "en:name" not the default locale name. Locus does not show the name because the locale name is missing and as fallback mechanism shows at least the type of point. We'll try to improve the POI DB to handle also this situation.
  •  

Viajero Perdido

Quote from: voldapet on August 18, 2017, 10:07:27...as fallback mechanism shows at least the type of point.
Ah, a fallback mechanism, got it.  When I wrote that, I thought it was showing "Restaurant" for all such POIs, but I see now it's only doing that for "problem" POIs like the one I pointed out.  That's not so bad.

But Hanoi is full of those problem POIs, if you need something for testing.

Thanks for the quick fix on "en".
  •  

Menion

@lor74cas: also can't confirm. Please check you really use correct button to open data manager .. there are three icons ( data manager, data manage > points, data manager > tracks)

@joeloc: Beta testing: http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:about:free_beta_testing

@c.s.g: problem with centering on found location will be fixed in next version, thanks

@Andrew Heard , @slarti76 : guys, you wants to modify palette of ZX Spectrum?  :o ;D . Andrew, thanks for precise step-by-step description of function panel problem, will try it tomorrow

@Viajero Perdido: problems with incorrect number of files will be solved in next version. Some popup of unwanted screen is interesting. Hard to fix without steps to simulate. Does it happen again and again?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •