25. 8. 2017 - Locus 3.25.2.2 - beta
21. 8. 2017 - Locus 3.25.2 - bug-fix
15. 8. 2017 - Locus 3.25.1.3 - beta
12. 8. 2017 - Locus 3.25.1.2 - beta
11. 8. 2017 - Locus 3.25.1.1 - beta
10. 8. 2017 - Locus 3.25.1 - bug-fix
9. 8. 2017 - Locus 3.25.0
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

Hello menion
after update to V 3.25.1
color of my geocaching icons change :-[ if i select another preset, it´s not allways, but very often.
Only restart of locus solve the color problem of the icons
https://www.dropbox.com/s/7tbx9iulfy4qkp9/Icon%20color.mp4?dl=0
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.0 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Hi balloni,
this is really interesting. Really can't understand what has preset in common with your custom icons ..

Firstly please check if you have disabled all mapItems. If yes and it still happen, may I get your custom icons for test and rather also profile file ( Locus/data/profiles ) , just for sure? Thank you.
  •  

c.s.g.

Hello,

after update to 3.25.1 I do not find the dialog to change themes of vectormaps in "Karten" window "OFFLINE" tab.
In earlier versions there was a menuitem "Detail" when I click on the 3 points after the name of the vectormap where I was able to change the theme. Now there is a new menuitem "Information & Sprache" where I can change the language of the vectormap but not the theme anymore.

I am using Locus Pro on a Samsung Note 4 running Android 6.0.1 Stock ROM.

c.s.g.
  •  

Jere

•  

Menion

@c.s.g. yes, this is correct. Based on statistics I received, this button was used only in 6% of all theme changes, which I consider as too low. So please use any of main two methods > left side panel or functions panel. Thanks

@Jere: thanks, fixed correct url
  •  

Andrew Heard

3.25.1 presets > set functions panels > set current content (button) - nothing happens.

also still have the same BIG problem already discussed but @menion could not reproduce where function panel sets of each preset get confused, corrupted. Lost all my 3.24 function panel buttons. So deleted all my presets, started completely from scratch. But still same issues with the correct, or any! function panel buttons. Just wasted the last hour setting all buttons up again for each preset, and now lost. Are you sure you tried with auto-hide top and left panels? I will just have to remove this new feature from each preset for now until sorted as has caused lots of trouble.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

c.s.g.

@menion: Thanks for the info ....

BTW I am using the geocaching icons of balloni55 too. But I have no problems like balloni55 with them. Maybe it is because I do not use any presets so far and therefore have no need to change between these presets.

But if I remember it right, these icons are rather "big". I think they have a size of 100x100 pixels. Maybe this causes the trouble because the recomended icon size is 48x48 pixels if I remeber this correct too.

c.s.g.
  •  

Menion

@Andrew Heard : hmm sorry to hear you still have issues with this function. I just tried to play around 15 minutes with it and still no problem, damn.
Just to make it clear to me ... you have an issue just with playing with latest 3.25.1 version, no switching to some older beta or Pro version, just latest update right?
You tried to describe me your issue already twice, like here http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=5720.msg48261#msg48261 , but it always looks to me like some problem caused by changing of older Locus Map Pro ( that not yet supported function panels so this option was lost ) and latest Beta.

@c. s. g: I was also using some custom packs for geocaching icons during testing of changes I made in rendering points ( hope you notice speed improvements when more caches is visible at once ) and also have no such issue of course. It looks like icons are colored by some other color, which may happen only in case, loaded KML file (over mapItems) has defined style with custom color and this color is for any reason incorrectly reset. But change of preset should cause no change here, really interesting.

Maybe try smallest possible "preset" and test which option in preset cause this. Thanks!
  •  

JoxM

Hi,
Since some time (not from this version on) I have figured out some strange behaviour of my installation.
1. Links in geocache listings doesn't work. They start, then some flickering of the screen and then listing is shown again. Sometimes it works after trying several times. (pro and beta)
2. When I try to update the logs of geocaching the updated logs are not shown directly as before. I have to get out of the listing and reopen it again and then I see the updated logs. This is in pro version. In beta it works like before.
3. Same issue as #2 but with the cache solver app. When I add a waypoint in this app normally this waypoint was directly displayed when returning to locus. Now I have to leave the listing and after re-entering the waypoint is shown. Only pro, beta works.

I already checked both installed versions, but all the settings are absolutely equal. Perhaps something in config file?

Greetings JoxM
  •  

Andrew Heard

Hi @menion. Regards presets, I am discussing experience from 3.24.3 direct to 3.25.1. So yes, 3.24.3 had no preset function panels. So you would think I was "starting from scratch" in 3.25.1. For each of my presets I emailed function panels. All seemed ok. Then I modified one preset to have different set of buttons, and nothing was working. I tried disabling function panels in all presets, and just created 2 completely new presets All On/ All Off. I can't "set current buttons" but as I said this doesn't work at all. Maybe that is easiest function to debug? Special build or log file?
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

balloni55

Hello menion
QuoteFirstly please check if you have disabled all mapItems
i have had no enabeled mapitem
Quotecolor of my geocaching icons change
sorry, since two days i cant reproduce this fault
I am at a loss, so we´ll wait ;)

since  V 3.25. there is always a grey round sign (GPS ??) with changing number 1...8 at this position
on my SGS2 with only GPS receicer and on my Moto G3 with GPS and Glonass receiver

EDIT:
this grey round sign is also visible with external BT receiver receiving Galileoand BeiDou

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.0 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

c.s.g.

Hi,

I found a little "bug" in the new import windows for geocaches / waypoints of Locus Pro 3.25.1.

I. e. I have a gpx file with 5878 geocaches and several child waypoints for some of the geocaches. When importing this gpx file, the progress of the count Punkte is correct and shows 5878 Punkte at the end but the progressbar below this label is lagging behind the real import progress. When all 5878 geocaches are imported the progressbar shows only 61% of total progress.

I suppose the max value of the progressbar includes the count of all waypoints, i. e. geocaches and child waypoints of the geocaches, the step value of the progressbar respects only the count of the geocaches without correspondig child waypoints.

c.s.g.
  •  

joeloc

I realize you're not the king of user interfaces... :), but the latest locus pro is utterly messed up for me. Somehow, the tiny map in point window gets besides the name instead of below or some such. Doesn't happen all the time, but at least in 50% of all cases. See attached pic.

Oh also... the search window is somehow too wide now... so the UI is invisible left and right.

All in all, new pro is reasonably bugged regarding UI. I wish I had backed up the old one :)

Note 4, Standard Marshmallow, no dpi hacks.
  •  

Menion

@Andrew Heard: I hoped there will be someone who confirm this problem as well and maybe bring some light on it, but you are still alone ... weird. I'll probably prepare some test version, but do not exactly know what check and what not, damn complicated ...

@balloni55
: oki, thanks :).
Small grey circle with number ... in versions before, on this place was satellites with unknown location, but in their shapes and colors, so mess ... I've at least placed them into grey circle with number ... so it's number of sats with unknown location on sky

@c.s.g
. : thanks, clear description, I'll check it

@joeloc: more and more I think, I'm king of UI between developers ;). Interesting what I see on your screenshot. During years, I never saw about problems with landscape&portrait in incorrect moment ... and during last weeks, twice. You and this guys here . So this is not a problem in design, but in fact that Locus try to use layout for landscape in your portrait mode!
There have to be something in common ... really nothing changed that may affect this? What about non-default language selected in Locus? When you rotate screen, it fix this?
  •