[APP] - version 3.25.+ ( 9. 8. 2017 )

Started by Menion, August 09, 2017, 18:25:00

joeloc

Landscape vs Portrait is correct... I also have this in many other places in Locus... like live tracking entry list eg. Rotating fixed it temporarily, but it *beeps*" up soon again after.

This only started like a week ago. Never had this before.
  •  

joeloc

Hmm... Locus was set to English, system was set to German. Now I set Locus to system default, but it still comes up in English?!

The landscape problem seems to have disappeared for now though :)
  •  

passosk58

I chose screen allways on and unlock screen disabled. But allway shutdown the screen when i start again the screen is allways blocked..doesnt work this feature..

I wave Redmi4prime with miui8

Enviado do meu Redmi+4 através de Tapatalk
  •  

Menion

@joeloc: thanks, I though it might be because of this. Setup of locale on Android other then default system is always a hack and seems it has some side effects. Default locale should help ( if not, I've improved it so it will definitely help in next version ).
Complicated task ... I need to test it on own devices with hope, some will have same problems. Needs some to perform some tests ...

@passosk58: probably known problem ... please check this Dmitry's discovery: http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/the-disable-screen-lock-setting-stopped-working-recently#comment-43392
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

joeloc

Locus decided to be in German now... and the UI is messed up horizontally again. So maybe not related.

Many places are messed up... plenty of the lists are close to unusable because I can only see 3 or 4 chars of an entry.

This happens by itself after a few minutes/seconds, even without me ever rotating the phone horizontally. It never goes back to vertical layout, even when I rotate the phone around like a mad man.

Help!
  •  

Menion

There have to be something special on your device! There is many users with Note 4 and such huge problem will definitely cause a lot bigger response at least in comments on Google Play.

May I offer for now at least previous stable 3.24.3 version?
  •  

Tom

Hi Menion,

I guess this issue is related to this topic http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=5833.new#new. At least for the maps manager the problem is 100% reproducible on my device (Samsung A3 2017).

Regards
Thomas
  •  

alezy

I have problem like @joeloc, with language switching, and I have MIUI too. For me language switches after I  closing Locus by system.
In beta I have small problem: open point details -> share -> Other map apps and it says "Application for selected feature is missing in your device", but Pro shows many apps.
Two small suggestions:
1. in Point details -> Navigation I see some application, that I'm not using, but my favorite applications is under "Navigation maps" menu, so can you dynamically to show in that list some of last used applications, rather than predefined list?
2. In Point menu I have "Navigate to", but can you add another item like "Navigate to via last selected navigation application", like Waze? It is useful because I'm using Locus as great POI manager and in many city trips it is better to use external navigation that takes traffic jams into account, instead of BRouter/MapQuest/GraphHopper, Yes, Locus is offroad application, but to "offroad" I must havigate  thorough cities
  •  

joeloc

Quote from: menion on August 13, 2017, 08:49:57
There have to be something special on your device! There is many users with Note 4 and such huge problem will definitely cause a lot bigger response at least in comments on Google Play.

May I offer for now at least previous stable 3.24.3 version?
that one doesn't mess up the UI, but loses gps once every 5 minutes and never re-enables it until I do it manually.

.. guess I must abort the trip...
  •  

Haggi

Quote from: joeloc on August 15, 2017, 14:06:36
that one doesn't mess up the UI, but loses gps once every 5 minutes and never re-enables it until I do it manually.

I had to use this app for same reason a couple of years ago.. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.webmajstr.gpson
Problems was not related to Locus but different app.
It forces GPS active..
  •  

joeloc

"Downgrading" Locus to a previous version has always been a bit messy for me. I have to uninstall the current Locus first, because Android 6 won't let me put an apk on top of a newer version. Then I can restore prefs from a backup, then the weirdness starts: The prefs "seem" correct, ie all the values in the settings windows are fine. Yet Locus will still use the defaults from the new apk installation . I have to enter each settings window manually and sort of click each settings item (not changing it) to make Locus actually use the restored Settings.

Just mentioning... not a major issue. Major issue is the horizontal UI I guess !:)
  •  

Menion

Quite complicated task because of missing device with this problem and clear tested working system by any other developer.

Anyway after afternoon fight, I modified Locus little bit about this problem and just now published new Beta version 3.25.1.3 , so please try it and let me know.

If custom selected language won't work, set "default". In next Beta, this option now should make absolutely no modifications to background app/system settings.
  •  

balloni55

V 3.25.1.3
all icons of POI´s inside point tab and folders are displayed as blue dot
in POI detail and on map icons are displayed well
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.0 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Kill me! I did some tests on database performance and forget to revert this part. Sorry .... new version is in preparation ... thanks balloni!!
  •  

balloni55

QuoteKill me!
certainly not ;)
we need you for further tasks :-*
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.0 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4