[APP] - version 3.25.+ ( 9. 8. 2017 )

Started by Menion, August 09, 2017, 18:25:00

lor74cas

Quote from: menion on August 18, 2017, 19:11:28
@lor74cas: also can't confirm. Please check you really use correct button to open data manager .. there are three icons ( data manager, data manage > points, data manager > tracks)

@joeloc: Beta testing: http://docs.locusmap.eu/doku.php?id=manual:about:free_beta_testing

@c.s.g: problem with centering on found location will be fixed in next version, thanks

@Andrew Heard , @slarti76 : guys, you wants to modify palette of ZX Spectrum?  :o ;D . Andrew, thanks for precise step-by-step description of function panel problem, will try it tomorrow

@Viajero Perdido: problems with incorrect number of files will be solved in next version. Some popup of unwanted screen is interesting. Hard to fix without steps to simulate. Does it happen again and again?
Found it !
The shortcut in the panel was set up one to points in a version and one to data manager. The window is the same but obviously in the first case it opens always points form.
My fault, in one of the latest updates of beta I lost my preferences and I did set up the wrong one.
But why in the function panel we can find both points and tracks icons instead of only a data manager icon?

Inviato dal mio SM-G800F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

voldapet

@Viajero Perdido: problems with Restaurant vs Name in POI label will be solved in next version of LoMaps. I generated for you custom Vietnam osm.db file. You can download it at: https://nas.asamm.com/share.cgi?ssid=0JSywGw

Andrew Heard

Locus 3.25.1.5 tap on-screen existing track > Route Planner > consistent crash/ auto-restart -
see video.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: 0709 on August 20, 2017, 14:02:47
New style track edit function.
- Buttons need to be placed further apart.
Prefer old style edit toolbar
+ Button distance ok
+ Nicely lined up in a single toolbar.
The triangle inside each Modify Track circle button could be made larger. The equivalent +/- inside each Route Planner circle button are now much better.

•  

Menion

@lor74cas: fine.
Both icons .. "data manager" is confusing for a new users so we added "points" and "tracks" options that are by default in main menu. Anyway data manager remained there to allow one click access to last used tab in data manager ( it was more important before when there were also third tab with "map items" ).

@0709: it looks you are using it on tablet or on device in landscape mode right? For this, is layout not yet perfectly optimized.

@Andrew Heard: thanks for a video. Unfortunately because I do not have same error, video does not help here, only a log (probably). Anyway I made a lot of changes in route planner since latest Beta, so please wait on next version, thanks.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

JoxM

Hi again,
Does anybody has the same issues like me explained in post #10?
I already reinstalled Locus pro, but no changes. I use exactly the same config (backup from beta and installed in pro).
  •  

balloni55

QuoteDoes anybody has the same issues like me explained in post #10?
i can confirm your issue nr.2, to see new loggs i have to reopen the listing after i run update cache
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.0 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Andrew Heard

@Andrew Heard thanks for precise step-by-step description of function panel problem, will try it tomorrow
@menion - I did some more testing of preset function panels only using 3.25.2 Pro. Did you get any time to test? You'd hadn't said whether you tested with large number of panel buttons on RHS. In the past I've had 15. I had a theory maybe bug is related to large #. I removed 8, so now all RHS buttons visible. It seemed to work for a while. But then some presets went from 5|7 to 5|0 again. Always the top panel buttons remain stable. It never takes long before the # buttons goes wrong. Just switch between presets a few times, then edit to check #|#. Add/ remove a few buttons from a preset/panel. Thank goodness backup/ restore works although I would like to use this new feature.

PS. I cleared Pro & Beta data caches (settings > Apps > app > Clear cache. Same problems.

I was going to completely uninstall Locus & install from scratch but for some reason the Uninstall button is disabled. Any suggestion?
  •  

Christian

Tap zip-file in file manager containing gpx -> open with Locus Pro -> select folder -> create new folder -> name the new folder.
The created folder can not be choosen within dialog for track import.
:(
  •  

Andrew Heard

@Menion - I note there is a new version of the help desk. Inline picture uploading & other UI is slightly different. A few times already the link button has not worked. I select text, click Link button, paste in the URL, press Enter key ==> the selected text has been deleted. Very annoying. Can this be reported to the help desk supplier?

Another example of issues with new help desk: I start writing a comment/ reply. If I now click on any links of previous user, say to view image link or download an attachment, all my comment text is deleted. Even more annoying. This didn't happen with previous version. I can workaround by right-clicking on links.
  •  

Menion

@JoxM: ah I've forget to test it ... you wrote in Beta it's ok? In latest 3.25.2 is still this problem?

@Andrew Heard: testing your exact steps and no problem. Also no-one other reported same problem. Weird, mainly because it cannot be based on any Android version etc.
Please this test version, simulate problem and close app. In Locus/logs directory should be some text logs, so send me them, thanks!

@Christian: thanks confirmed, I'll look at it
  •  

JoxM

@menion: yes, in Beta it's ok. No changes since last update.
  •  

Menion

After quite a lot of testing, I'm finally starting to be satisfied with new Route planner.
Enjoy it, new Beta 3.25.2.2 just uploading.

Btw, what a few of you who had troubles with UI, is it fixed? Mainly @joeloc ... you usually complain, but rarely tell me if it's fixed and working as expected.
  •  

balloni55

V 3.25.2.2
you wrote: add nogo area > BRouter 1.5+
where can i download it??
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.0 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Viajero Perdido

@Viajero Perdido: problems with incorrect number of files will be solved in next version. Some popup of unwanted screen is interesting. Hard to fix without steps to simulate. Does it happen again and again?
Hi Menion.  I can duplicate it SOMETIMES, though it's not annoying.  You need a long list of PQs ready for import.  Here's what I did:
On my medium-resolution phone, I went into Geocaching Tools; on my phone "Middle Point" is the last thing visible; the explanatory sentence was not.  (I'm not using full-screen mode.)  I tapped Load Pocket Queries, and that showed a list longer than the screen.  I scrolled right to the bottom, and selected the single checkbox at the bottom.  Tapped Import.  That brought up the screen for that PQ.  Tapped Cancel.  The Line Tools or Middle Point dialog (can't remember now which one, sorry) was showing; I'd briefly seen it pop up and then get covered by the PQ dialog.

Today I was only able to duplicate this once, sorry.

I hate bug reports that can't be duplicated.  (I've been in your shoes...)
  •