[APP] - version 2.20.X+ (updated 27.5.2014)

Started by Menion, March 25, 2014, 16:20:46

eldron

Hi menion,
great job on the geocaching point screen - Nice to have my hint and log button back at the bottom and the right side slide in makes it easier to control it with your thumb (if you are right handed ;-) ).How about being able to open the slide-in menu with the hardware menu button too?
I can confirm the app crash when setting count of visible items to 12. When i first set it to 12 locus crashed whilst i was still in the settings menu. After restarting locus i clicked on "track record" but it didn´t open. I was able to continue using locus for ~15 seconds before it crashed. After setting it back to "10" I had no further crashes.

In the change log it says "added ability to define various base parameters for charts in dashboard" - where can i do so? I would like to deactivate the speed profile (red chart), as i don´t need it and it makes it harder to read the height profile (blue).

Also some of the points from my last post still apply:
Quote from: eldron on May 09, 2014, 20:57:36
Bugs/Issues i found:
New track record screen:
- Rearranging the displayed information: It´s a bit complicated to swap two fields. One example: i want to swap "speed" and "Altitude", both have already been assigned to a field. I click on the "speed" field and then select "altitude", but get the message "item altitude already exists". So i have to use an item that is not assigned as an extra step to be able to swap them. How about allowing to untick an item so that you can easily assign it to a different field?
- On the left hand side of the height diagram you have one height (e.g. 400m), but it would be useful to have at least two, otherwise you can´t tell how steep an incline really is (see screenshot).

Feature requests:
- Can i somehow define different symbols for added points during track recording? e.g. have the photo symbol when taking a picture? I know i can choose it each time i create a point, but it would be great to assign a different symbol for each type of point (picture, audio,video).
- Using the dashboard editor i can get the "create point during track record" button back on the main screen - would it be possible to also add the "picture point" button in the dashboard editor so i can have that one back too?
Also there is a little inconsistency in the new geocaching screen - to add a waypoint you now have to open the side bar (although on screen it still says "press + to add a waypoint"). To add an attachment you still have to use the + button at the top.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: menion on May 13, 2014, 08:31:34
hmm but this happen only when you set '12' items for track record panel and this value may be changed in settings! EDIT: but I see some other crashes, and don't know why this happen. So maybe this is what you are talking about - "because Locus crash"?
i know. i know...
Wait a little - no panic :)
Think that was a combination of record button - crash -  no finished record and restart..
but im not finished with testing yet - i will post here.

btw.
dashboard editor ignores "resize by top panel"
("resize by bottom panel" not testet)
edit
After select a track first time - the dashboard shrinks and it works

balloni55

QuoteYou should be anyway able to change it directly in menu > setting > track record.
thanks, no more crash with setting lower "12"
QuoteWhile playing with Test and Pro i found a different behavior:
if i go to Data/Tracks/any Subfolder and click" backbutton" in Test it open "POI tab" :(
different in Pro, it open as expected "Track tab"
no answer :o no improvement :-[
QuoteNice to have my hint and log button back at the bottom
Congratulation!!! :) perfect solution with settings :-*

EDIT:
QuoteTrack POI:
the additional discription get lost :-[
Quote@balloni: agree that all details should be exported. I completely forget on this so I'll check it to next version
no improvement
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.0 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

ta-ka

Hi Menion.

In Locus 2.20.2.5, it requires 5 taps to change the recording profile while track recording is going on. I say it is too many. A very nice quick profile changer is already implemented at the bottom of the recording panel however it is available only before starting the track recording.
Could you please make it available also during track recording? I really want this function. Please think about it.
  •  

Menion

thanks all for a feedback. Today I work with Peter on server so all will be work on tomorrow (also a fixed version). Anyway just a quick note to ta-ka: I'm 99% sure, that current solution is enough. Why you need change profile during a ride so often?

- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

eldron

In the change log it says "added ability to define various base parameters for charts in dashboard" - where can i do so? I would like to deactivate the speed profile (red chart), as i don´t need it and it makes it harder to read the height profile (blue).
  •  

Menion

it's possible only for a chart in dashboard. Not in track record panel. Style of items in track record panel will be fixed, not configurable. So there is just currently need to setup some default values for two possible charts that may be placed to track record panel.
  •  

gynta

Menion

I know, it's same with POI icons. I have to force there some minimal padding. Thanks
  •  

balloni55

wrong icon?! if i click on it mapview open and not data, in pro there is a "house icon"

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

ta-ka

Quote from: menion on May 13, 2014, 12:51:47
Anyway just a quick note to ta-ka: I'm 99% sure, that current solution is enough. Why you need change profile during a ride so often?

When I go for an outdoor activity, I usually start and stop track recording at home to record everything and the track is kept as a original data in locus. For example, track recording is started with 'car' profile and changed to 'foot' when arrived at the start of a mountain trail, then changed to 'car' again after hiking for return trip. Changing profile according to the moving speed gives better recording results. So, it is favorable if locus provide an easy way to do it during recording.
  •  

eldron

Quote from: menion on May 13, 2014, 13:23:57
it's possible only for a chart in dashboard. Not in track record panel. Style of items in track record panel will be fixed, not configurable. So there is just currently need to setup some default values for two possible charts that may be placed to track record panel.
And how do i edit the settings for the dashboard chart? couldn´t find it anywhere.
@Gynta
How did you record that video clip that you attached earlier in this thread? I found a little bug in Locus that is best shown in a video clip. Do I have to use an extra app for that?
  •  

gynta

dashboard charts

edit
@eldron
app is called "screencast" (for rooted devices)

ta-ka

In the edit screen of the quick new point, base line is not aligned well and it looks not nice.

EDIT:
'Point count' and 'Track width' in the recording profile, the shown values are zero for new installation.

•  

balloni55

Quoteadded ability to choose if merge points with single track during import or not

perhaps i missunderstand this function ???
while importing a track with including POI´s (merged) i am not able to "merge" anything else, if i uncheck the box i am able to split track and POI´s during import.
So for me it make more sense "split points and track" and change the logic :-\
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •