[APP] - version 2.20.X+ (updated 27.5.2014)

Started by Menion, March 25, 2014, 16:20:46

Menion

@eldron: thanks, all done, fixed, improved, etc :)

@gynta:
- moving dashboard right after you show it fixed
- your location and POI's on top of chart should be also better now. I have added there always some small padding so there should be enough space now
- and "Dashboard charts" - don't understand. There is no possible description. These two chart items are there only to allow you to add two charts on screen at once (with possible different parameters)

@balloni:
- return from sub-track-folder fixed
- POI description - I found a bigger problem. When you write own desc for track point, it's lost during save and rewrote by track stats. So I fixed this, so track statisticks will be added to POI only if there will be no your own description. This is anyway not a final solution. I plan better, but for this I need new track screen, so later.
- wrong icon - ah thanks, it's old icon from previous left side panel, fixed
- and last "merge points to track" - I think you are not right. There do not exists something like file with merged points to track. There is just GPX/KML file, that contains some tracks and some points. There is no info they are merged. So by default, all these files has separate tracks and points. So Locus now offer possibility to merge them (which was previously always enabled)

@ta-ka: understand. But
1. I think that for most users this is not needed. And difference between 3 and 5 clicks rarely per day is really small
2. I prefer in this case less feature and add them later if needed

- problems in settings and 'Quick point' fixed, thanks
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

gynta

Quote from: menion on May 14, 2014, 07:51:08@gynta... "Dashboard charts".... to allow you to add two charts on screen at once (with possible different parameters)
Ah ok - I thought there are 2 different predefined parameters.

balloni55

QuoteThere is just GPX/KML file, that contains some tracks and some points. There is no info they are merged. So by default, all these files has separate tracks and points.
Thanks for explanation, i thought if POI´s and track are stored in same .kmz they are "merged" ???
QuoteSo Locus now offer possibility to merge them (which was previously always enabled)
please discribe the benefit/advantage/differece of this import option
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.0 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

eldron

@Menion
Looking forward to the next release of the test version :-)
  •  

Menion

I think that benefits are two - one is that you can show/hide all points together with track. There is no need to enable track and a few points from any folder. They are just "attached". Also if you export and already computed track with navigation points, it's needed to import them "merged", because Locus needs to have these points directly "in" track.

Only disadvantage I see in previous "automatic" system, was fact, that it wasn't clear what Locus do and people that know what they import, expect points and one track, not just one track (and attached point), so this new checkbox give you this choice.

I'm not 100% sure that this "merging" is best solution. It's how I created it a few years ago and it still seems to work. Without this, there will be need to specify some separate folder for every track, that will contain points, or just handle them completely separate.
  •  

balloni55

menion, thanks for detailed discription 8)
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

balloni55

In window "add waypoint" the pencil is back and the behavior clicking the koords is different to other windows

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

this panel for editing coordinates isn't "back" in correct word meaning. It's in Locus for a long time, but it's optional (over config file).

Anyway what is wrong with it? Maybe icon should be better (icon of 'Coordinates') and not this one.
  •  

gynta

Dashboard > chart > display label/title

"Altitude (m) / Altitude (m)" means?

Menion

eh interesting, there should be "Distance (m) / Altitude (m)", thanks :)
  •  

balloni55

Quote from: menion on May 14, 2014, 11:09:16
this panel for editing coordinates isn't "back" in correct word meaning. It's in Locus for a long time, but it's optional (over config file).
Anyway what is wrong with it? Maybe icon should be better (icon of 'Coordinates') and not this one.
sorry for my imprecise discription,
for comparison, screenshot pro

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

no need to sorry, but now I undertand less then before :)

If you need to insert coordinates directly, you may, as I wrote before, set in config that locus display always this panel (my screenshot).

And because I think that when you add new waypoint to cache, you need in 90% add point by coordinates, I enabled this panel for new waypoints by default.

And now my question - I don't understand what is wrong with this button :). Anyway I may change it to different (probably for icon - tap 'target' icon below > 'Coordinates')
  •  

balloni55

QuoteI don't understand what is wrong with this button
nothing is wrong ;) only different
Quotebut now I undertand less then before
same by me.. total confusion :-[
After long reading and searching i found our different point of view.
Your screenshot is with configsetting gui_coordinate_panel_advanced_mode=1
coords are always displayed in 2 lines with icons "pencil" and "target"

my screenshot in post #276 is with configsetting i always use!gui_coordinate_panel_advanced_mode=0
coords are always displayed in 1 line with icon "target"

different in testversion "add WP"  coords in 2 lines and both icons.
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

ta-ka

Quote from: menion on May 14, 2014, 07:51:08
@ta-ka: understand. But
1. I think that for most users this is not needed. And difference between 3 and 5 clicks rarely per day is really small
2. I prefer in this case less feature and add them later if needed
I understood too. Thanks for remaining a bit of hope.
  •  

gynta

Quote from: ta-ka on May 14, 2014, 17:26:34
Quote from: menion on May 14, 2014, 07:51:08
@ta-ka: understand. But ...and add them later if needed
I understood too. Thanks for remaining a bit of hope.
Hey ta-ka
Please start new response on http://help.locusmap.eu/ and i will vote