[APP] - version 2.20.X+ (updated 27.5.2014)

Started by Menion, March 25, 2014, 16:20:46

Robin99

"Everyone wants fast access to different features".
I agree, but there are more important and less important features during caching. In my opinion "hint" and "log visit" buttons are most important and should be placed in bottom buttons line on geocache screen instead of less important "map button". It would be perfect to decide myself which button (feature) should be placed on sidemenu and which on bottom buttons line. But I can imagine there is a much more work for you to make it configurable. I count on polling at least.
  •  

balloni55

Quotereimport of track - points are attached to track only in case, there is just one track.
you are right, sorry my fault :-[
additional whish:
please make it possible to rename a file during import. 
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.0 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

jusc

Does the "calculate surface" not show the colored surface anymore after calculation?
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

@Robin: understand. But this time, you'll not have it so easy :)

@balloni: no problem. This is something I have to think more about it. It's one of features that is not clear on first sight, so there will be probably need some additional settings. ( http://help.locusmap.eu/responses/import-gpx-file-containing-tracks-and-waypoints#comment-10240 )

And rename during IMPORT? may you please explain it a little bit?

@jusc: you use "Add new route & measure"? Then under "Tools" is checkbox "Compute area", that should enable visible value in top right corner and also colored area. This is what you miss?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

eldron

Now that there is no need to register with google+ I downloaded the latest version and did a little test run today.
First things first - i love the new track record screen and also the geocaching side menu. I think it would be useful to be able to open the side menu with the menu button too, as it seems to have no other function at the moment anyway.
I am afraid i agree with the others though - the hint button and log cache button are used very often when caching and i didn´t see anything wrong with having them at the top. Although i guess i could get used to having them in the side menu ;-)

Bugs/Issues i found:
New track record screen:
- The height profile chart "flickers" sometimes - the diagram disappears and reappears and the text ("distance") moves up. I tried to make a screenshot but never caught the right moment
- Some of the settings have no German translations yet, but i guess you are aware of that.
- Rearranging the displayed information: It´s a bit complicated to swap two fields. One example: i want to swap "speed" and "Altitude", both have already been assigned to a field. I click on the "speed" field and then select "altitude", but get the message "item altitude already exists". So i have to use an item that is not assigned as an extra step to be able to swap them.
- There is not enough space to display the german word for "speed" in the height profile diagram
- On the left hand side of the height diagram you have one height (e.g. 400m), but it would be useful to have at least two, otherwise you can´t tell how steep an incline really is (see screenshot).

- When clicking on a track that´s too low down on the screen, the menu opens but is cut off and some buttons can´t be reached (it´s not possible to scroll down either) (see second screenshot)

Feature requests:
- Could you make it possible to display only the height and not the speed in the track record/track diagram? I don´t need the speed (red) and it just makes it harder to read the height diagram.
- Can i somehow define different symbols for added points during track recording? e.g. have the photo symbol when taking a picture? I know i can choose it each time i create a point, but it would be great to assign a different symbol for each type of point (picture, audio,video).
- Using the dashboard editor i can get the "create point during track record" button back on the main screen - would it be possible to also add the "picture point" button in the dashboard editor so i can have that one back too?

Edit:.
In  Track record screen settings -> count of visible items the setting "12" doesn´t do anything, all the others work though.
Edit2:
Little inconsistency in the new geocaching screen - to add a waypoint you now have to open the side bar. To add an attachment you still have to use the + button at the top. I think that´s not very intuitive.
  •  

jusc

Ahh, no I used a downloaded round trip. It calculates, but doesn't show the colored surface.
Regards J.
  •  

Menion

@eldron: thaaanks, I have to read it more precisely tomorrow. After just first few lines - menu button in GC screen is already implemented and opens side menu ;). More tomorrow

@jusc: then it never filled area with color. You have to define style of track and enable filling in it's style configuration
  •  

jusc

Regards J.
  •  

eldron

@Menion
Any chance to focus the discussion about new versions back onto one place? It doesn´t help to have some of it here and some in the Google group.
  •  

balloni55

QuoteAnd rename during IMPORT? may you please explain it a little bit?
ok, i ll try it ;)
if i import/reimport a track i found no possibility to remame this file inside locus and so it is not easy to distinguish which is the original and which is the imported.

explanation: i prefere it more to use the reimported tracks with poi´s, the attached photos are displayed direct in  basic view of the poi and larger :) minimum 2 clicks less 8)

While playing with Test and Pro i found a different behavior:
if i go to Data/Tracks/any Subfolder and click" backbutton" in Test it open "POI tab" :(
different in Pro, it open as expected "Track tab" :D
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.0 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Stargaterunner

Problem in Geocache module:
In the beta 2.20.2.4 if I use "update cache" in the logs screen, i will never see the actual new entries. I must close the screen to map and must reopen the cache to see the new entries...this must be fixed. In the regulary pro version i have not this problem.
  •  

gynta

hidden point info/menu:

wrong width:

cutted pos.point in chart:

gynta

record panel:
see 11 checkmarks but in menu are only 7 fields
see clip..

eldron

Quote from: gynta on May 11, 2014, 02:26:41
record panel:
see 11 checkmarks in menu but only 7 fields
see clip..
Have you tried the "count of visible items setting"?
It works for me, apart from the highest setting (12).
  •  

Menion

@eldron: main discussion remains here. On G+ will be probably some discussion with people that do not use forum, but if you want discuss something in future about test versions, this is correct place.

@Stargaterunner: thanks for report. This is anyway known problem with using test versions that currently have no solution - more here http://help.locusmap.eu/responses/update-of-a-geocache-dont-display-new-waypoints

@gynta: thanks!
1) hidden menu - it already reported balloni if I remember correctly, but I have currently no idea how to fix it.

2) layout in notification settings - fixed

3) chart - added small padding to top, so fixed.

@balloni: I think that rename of file will not help here. Please check content of GPX file. I think that at start will be <name>xxx</name> parameter where is defined name of track visible after import.
  •