[APP] - version 2.20.X+ (updated 27.5.2014)

Started by Menion, March 25, 2014, 16:20:46

gynta

Quote from: menion on April 19, 2014, 08:49:43
defaults - no worry. They'll be there.
good to hear

QuoteHope you noticed that content (panels) may change by tap on it
what a question. I found 278+ bugs in Locus. what do you think? :D

Quotelimit number of profiles for a Free version
good idea

szebenyib

Default profiles: I like the ones that are there in the current version. (cycling, walking)

Limit in free: agree, even one should do.

Panel really is nice, but didn't test it thoroughly yet.

Btw. Is it an android or a Locus limitation to allow only the system language in Locus? I wanted to try a different language but I did not want to change my phone's language.
  •  

balloni55

Quotegot it
replace "รถ" to "oe" INSIDE kmz
perfect, i think it is also a good hint to puplic in manual ;)

my first impression of Locus 2.20.2.1
representation is not perfect, "compassneedle" cover "mapswitch button" text in german language is partly concealed

After i start a track an unneeded window apeares ! if i click the record button i want to start recording, nothing else.
What is the advantage of a "count down" track-startbutton?
After i have started a track this needless window should disapeare automaticly.
Where can i see the status of trackrecording? recording or paused
in my opinion the "orange button" have to change like in all audio/video-players, doublestroke/triangle
if a doublestroke is displayed device is recording
if a triangle is displayed recording is paused

EDIT:
and also in mapview the pencil in the topline should change (colour/blink) if recording is paused.

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.0 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

gynta

Quotethe pencil in the topline should change (colour/blink) if recording is paused.
in my case - I don't see a pencil -> full screen mode...

Bob Denny

Menion, I like the new point screen so please keep smoking.
  •  

szebenyib

Maybe the rec button on the panel should change to indicate if there is recording in progress. Maybe a reddish background would look nice (no pulsing, just a bit of red tint)?
  •  

eldron

I really like the new track record screen - all the information you need at one glance and in big letters!
But i do agree with the others - it would be great to see if a track is being recorded or paused without having to check in the track record screen.
Personally I would even prefer to be able to pause/continue track recording from the main screen with just one click.
And thanks for swapping the coordinate buttons back to how they were - makes much more sence like that!
  •  

szebenyib

Thinking further
Button like now (blackish) - no rec
Button reddish - recording
Button reddish and blinking - recording paused.

A constant color does not bother. If it blinks it is a bit irritating, but it comes handy. Having paused a recording, blinking would warn you to stop it finally or resume it.

I am not convinced that one button start stop is of advantage, because it can be tapped by mistake ending a recording that I did not want. But I can be convinced :-)
  •  

ta-ka

I went cycling and hiking today with Locus 2.20.2.1. It was actual field test of the new track record screen. It works well and I like it. :)

I noticed that:
- It's not possible to change recording profile on the fly while track recording.

- I opened the track recording panel a lot of times to see the dash board info. So I want the track record button on the left side of the screen at least while recording, as similar as guide button or quick map switch.

- Count down voice from 9 to 1 was not pronounced in Japanese with google text-to-speech, while more than 10 and 'start' were pronounced. It might be a problem of google text-to-speech but not locus. Anyway it's strange.
  •  

berkley

It's there.
Anybody else?

edit
Thanks for control of track recording through dashboard. Works nice!
When is new Locus Store ready to publish some dashboards? ;-)
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

gynta

gynta

Quote from: berkley on April 25, 2014, 20:34:50
Thanks for control of track recording through dashboard. Works nice!
When is new Locus Store ready to publish some dashboards? ;-)

eg

balloni55

@ gynta,
i played a little with your dashboard "gynta_rec.lb", thanks for providing 8)
if i touch the blue button without a started trackrecording locus freeze and stop :-[
ok, it is not the usual workflow, but it is possible ???

edit
post #182
Quoterepresentation is not perfect, "compassneedle" cover "mapswitch button" text in german language is partly concealed
"compassneedle" is solved :)
"text is partly concealed" is not solved ::)
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.0 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

gynta

Quote from: balloni55 on April 26, 2014, 19:44:59
if i touch the blue button without a started track recording
Yes that's a known bug in Locus,

Quote"text is partly concealed" is not solved
As i wrote via PM few days ago - new translations are not included
And Menion has also not yet responded to http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=301.msg28325#msg28325

szebenyib

Does track recording need a separate button for recording when it's active?
I have a button for that on the right panel, being always visible. Would it be possible to detect if it exists and then not display the rec button in the bottom left corner? The duplicate button just takes up space unnecessarily. (Even if it is nice :-) Locus is getting nicer and nicer)
  •