[APP] - version 2.20.X+ (updated 27.5.2014)

Started by Menion, March 25, 2014, 16:20:46

Ivo Nörenberg

How can you leave Locus with one click? I am always asked to double click.
Xiaomi Mi10 Pro
  •  

KaHeMu

:) :)
Now I got it! Each dashboard has the possibility to switch on or off to end it with return button.
You can do it in dashboard edit mode/preferences.

Regards
KaHeMu
Zufall ist, wenn das Schicksal eine Maske aufsetzt, um nicht erkannt zu werden.  (Wepper)
  •  

berkley

Very small issue with hiding online maps from list of map providers.
After going through complete list with checking and unchecking some providers, i thought the two buttons on top right mean "save" (check-button) and "cancel" (cross-button). But instead they mean "un-/check all" (check-button) and "save and go back" (cross-button). See screenshot.

Some kind of missunderstanding and doing all the work again... ;)
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

gynta

Menion

@gynta: thanks. Editing styles right after "fill altitude" is fixed

@KaHeMu, Ivolino and other "dashboarders" :)

1. you may close locus with one or two clicks - depend on your settings in menu > settings > misc > confirm exit
2. to prevent closing dashboards on one click, follow what KaHeMu wrote - it's in settings of every dashboard if may be closed by back button or not

@berkley, gynta: thanks, you're of course right. Improved
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

balloni55

Exported "track.kmz" do not open with GE
I export a track with included POI-photos, GE open but not the track with the photos :(
If i unzip this .kmz and open the .kml all works fine :)
Exported "POI.kmz" work well.
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.0 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

joeloc

Quote from: menion on March 26, 2014, 12:30:14
And "Edit in screen" - yes, it's my final decision. Nor you or joeloc may convince me, sorry. I'm sometimes checking some apps from Google as I wrote above and "Contacts" are very inspiring in many details, so I created system same as is there.

Sometimes I wonder what you smoke when you make these "final decisions". Must be good stuff indeed, I want some :). So I guess we are stuck forever with this weirdo mixed and messed up point screen now? Some parts are directly editable (eg coordinates) and other parts (name, category) go through an extra edit mode?! Congratulations on another major gui blunder...  :/.

I suppose your way of "fixing" this might then be making the coordinates non-editable too? What is an extra tap and an extra window after all... users have all the time in the world when using Locus and they love nothing more than to navigate through its numerous layers.

Will the track screen become just as horrid? Any ideas yet on what fields will be directly editable and what fields will need  jumping through an extra hoop?

Sorry for being harsh again... but how you can even remotely consider this to be a "logical" user interface is totally beyond me.
  •  

Menion

Quote from: joeloc on April 18, 2014, 03:48:47
Sometimes I wonder what you smoke when you make these "final decisions". Must be good stuff indeed, I want some :). So I guess we are stuck forever with this weirdo mixed and messed up point screen now? Some parts are directly editable (eg coordinates) and other parts (name, category) go through an extra edit mode?! Congratulations on another major gui blunder...  :/.
Funny, I should ask the same :)

Anyway from what you wrote, seems that your only problem are editable coordinates. If so, then I think that screen is perfect.

Whole screen is created in exactly same way as default application from Google - Contacts. I like this system and for me it seems to be user friendly. After some user-testing we had, no one had any serious problems with this, so we consider it as - final solution.

And track screen will be same horrid, yes :)
  •  

gynta

gynta

Quote from: balloni55 on April 16, 2014, 10:50:01
Exported "track.kmz" do not open with GE
I export a track with included POI-photos, GE open but not the track with the photos :(
If i unzip this .kmz and open the .kml all works fine :)
Exported "POI.kmz" work well.
Hallo Wolfgang
How do you export the "track.kmz" exactly?
I'm not sure if I understand.

KaHeMu

Quote from: menion on April 18, 2014, 07:11:19
Funny, I should ask the same :)

Anyway from what you wrote, seems that your only problem are editable coordinates. If so, then I think that screen is perfect.

Whole screen is created in exactly same way as default application from Google - Contacts. I like this system and for me it seems to be user friendly. After some user-testing we had, no one had any serious problems with this, so we consider it as - final solution.

And track screen will be same horrid, yes :)

Hello menion,

I think you're wrong with the kind of editable coordinates. For my humble opinion it should be the other way around.
If you press the area with numbers you will change numbers, if you press the crosshair sign you will do more specific things like coordinates by the middle of the screen, by map, whatever you want.

Other possibilitys to edit something are OK.

Regards,
KaHeMu
Zufall ist, wenn das Schicksal eine Maske aufsetzt, um nicht erkannt zu werden.  (Wepper)
  •  

gynta

Quote from: KaHeMu on April 18, 2014, 07:56:27For my humble opinion it should be the other way around.If you press the area with numbers you will change numbers, if you press the crosshair sign you will do more specific things like coordinates by the middle of the screen, by map, whatever you want.
Other possibilitys to edit something are OK.

-> http://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=3796.msg28073#msg28073

gynta

gynta

Menion

@KaHeMu, Gynta: thanks, you're right so buttons for editing coordinates switched.

Linebreaks - I'll think about it. But, probably why not.

Left panel - :)

Quote from: gynta on March 26, 2014, 22:16:35
Hi Menion
"Add attachment" symbol disappeared after "discard".
see clip...

this should be already fixed. At least for me it works correctly.
  •