[APP] - version 4.5.+ ( 1. 12. 2021+ )

Started by Menion, December 01, 2021, 21:06:00

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on December 24, 2021, 13:22:59
If you will be interested, I may create a special version with little more logs printed ...
Menion - always happy to help - but you have better things to enjoy on xmas day - whenever you get around to it. My Android11 tablet is purely for testing so not important to me. My main LM4 device stays solidly with Android8 for now.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

@Andrew Heard sure I have, for example writing a blog post where I try to sum general info about theme support  ;). Hope you and others find there all answers. If not, I'll update it, of course, just ask, thanks.

Blog post on Medium.

And again, if something regards themes won't work as expected > share theme with me. John & Andrew, I'll prepare a version during next days ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

Tapio

Menion,

this does  not work with a zip, please try the "OS map V4 day" legend. PDF cannot be accessed. Theme is incomplete, just for testing.

Quote"add "my_theme.lnk" file with a relative path (relative to an XML file) to *.pdf file, so for example just "my_theme_legend.pdf" on the first line. Useful if more XML themes are in a single directory and share the same legend"
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

karlchick

Oh, I see, you mean accessing a legend in a zipped theme...

It would seem that making the path relative to the theme's xml file would make sense. Is the zipped theme unzipped in a local cache somewhere when in use?
User id: 62b600722
Author of the OS Map Theme:
DiscussDownload
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

bezel

Quote from: Menion on December 23, 2021, 14:30:44
With Locus Map Pro it is a little more complicated as the app was twice declined and I'm unable to the public the official version with the "All files access" system. As mentioned before, will have to prepare it just as APK for direct install.
@menion
with the new Locus Map Pro version 3.56.4 (under android11 with OAM v5 maps) the app crashes again and again or stops as soon as you want to call up/select the themes, for example.
  •  

john_percy

@Menion With the new Locus Pro version 3.56.4, my online link to the Voluntary theme legend for Mapsforge v5 no longer works in Pro either. It still works for LoMaps, though.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

Menion

@tapio
ah thanks. Problematic "line break" on the end of the first line. Fixed

@karlchick
the theme is unzipped to temporary cache if selected, to speed up work with it

@bezel
thanks, I've noticed this error in the automatically reported crashes. I have no idea why this happens but will look at it next few days.

@john_percy & @Andrew Heard
the new Beta version has just been generated. Please long click on the main menu button and enable "log to file" + logging of the "MAPS_CORE category. Try to simulate your issue and send me generated log from the "Locus/logs" directory, thanks!

michaelbechtold

Bingo, thank you, Menion. In ZIP themes the lnk file simply has to consist of the name of the legend PDF file (assuming it is at the same top level as the XMLs).
  •  

Andrew Heard

@menion - did anything else in 4.5.6.1_1055 change related to my reported issue (can't' select theme, green error msg)? Because I can't reproduce the issue now ;-( One thing I do still see, which may be related, is with Map Manager > select map > Map Manager > previous map details are still displayed instead of the selected map.

to reproduce: lets say I have 3 vector maps for same region: Locus, OAM4, OAM5, with OAM4 currently selected.

• Map Manager > select Locus > return to main screen with Locus map
  • Map Manager > observe OAM4 details are still displayed?
  • Locus dot-dot-dot > Details > select Locus > return to main screen with Locus map
  • Map Manager > observe Locus details are now displayed
When opening Map Manager, shouldn't the details for the currently selected map be displayed? Is it possible I previously experienced situation where Locus tries to use theme of non-existent map - green message "No map with theme is active"?
  •  

Menion

Andrew, as visible on the screenshot here: https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=7632.msg66285#msg66285 , there is a difference between selected and highlighted maps. It may be united, agree. But for now, the map with the colored background is the one, you see on the right side. Map with the name in highlight color (orange) is the one, currently active.

Andrew Heard

OK, then I can't explain why the ZIP theme wasn't working. Maybe the log will help.
  •  

balloni55

hello menion
did i miss something ? do zipped themes work only for V4
when i save Tiramisu_3_0_2 in the theme folder of the extSD LM4 crashes directly when i click on the theme button
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

Very good idea with IDs in signature, indeed  :)

I see that the app crashed because for the same reason as reported by the bongo in the different topic - the zip file seems to be corrupted. May you please share this file with me? Thanks
  •  

balloni55

here you go,
the problem also occurs with older versions of this theme.
at first i thought it was because of the duplicate folders after unpacking, but that is not the problem
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

bezel

@balloni55
maybe it is the same problem as with Locusmap Pro (https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=7259.msg66387#msg66387) - themes saved on the external map cause the app to stop or crash.
A first "solution" I found was to save the themes internally, but leave the maps externally, but subdirectory for 'mapsVector' have to be set to App default setting/ internal directory (see link above).

•