[APP] - version 4.5.+ ( 1. 12. 2021+ )

Started by Menion, December 01, 2021, 21:06:00

Menion

Hmm, I'm testing it a little more, and seems that access may be done only over the new ScopedStorage system (usable only for MapsForge V4 maps), but not over the common "File" access that Locus Map currently needs for all maps!

So sorry, guys, only app-specific directories seem to be usable. I see a big advantage: directories are accessible for system file browsers (for now).

@slarti76
well, the current version just fix the issue when the user moved the whole app to SD card private directory and then wanted to attach a new photo to the point. The camera app was able to create a new file but was not able to write any data inside. I had to create a hack that a photo is created in internal memory and then moved to an SD card. So current problem > not a big surprise.

To sum it
- for now, of course, the best solution is to enable "All files access" and use Locus Map as before
- once we lost this permission, a) I'll already create some manager for maps built into app, or Android/media/menion.android.locus is the way

With Locus Map Pro it is a little more complicated as the app was twice declined and I'm unable to the public the official version with the "All files access" system. As mentioned before, will have to prepare it just as APK for direct install.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

michaelbechtold

V4 maps could be handled differently from V3 maps, like both differ from raster maps ...
And V3 is a zombie anyway - I suppose this is the next big thing for Locus to get sorted in 2022.

And once you have SAF mechanics in place, you can use /Android/media/maps and alike, which would  not be killed by de-install.
I think this is the mid/long term secure path, as the special permission is only temp ... but VERY useful for the LM4 community for now.

Those changes not in 2021 ...  ;-)))

•  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: michaelbechtold on December 23, 2021, 09:05:06
@Andrew: Menion has extended the logging significantly. Long tap on the low left Hamburger menu, tap the logging option and switch on the first 3 of them.
@michaelbechtold - thanks - very impressive range of diagnostics - merry Christmas to you
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

michaelbechtold

•  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: tapio on December 23, 2021, 06:42:46
A. Heard, strange, everything works fine here now. Mapsforge V5? Maybe try another map from
@tapio - thanks - I now have the OAM v4 & OAM v5 maps for my region, and the results are quite interesting/ useful?

4.5.5.3: I have a single ZIP theme. I select the v4 map. I tap the Map Themes button and the list of themes is correctly displayed - internal General theme + single external theme. I then select the v5 map, tap the Map Themes button. The green message is not displayed, instead a blank side panel appears (note I am testing with a tablet in landscape mode).

@menion - useful info? Shall I create a log file?

4.5.6: tap Map Manager > select the v5 map > return to main screen. But I *think* the v5 map isn't selected/ tap has been silently ignored, because when I next tap Map Manager: v4 map is still selected.

All my testing is on an Android v11 tablet, but on the Android v8 phone the v5 map is working fine. I copied v5 .db & .map files to tablet 2nd time in case slightly corrupt, but same behavior as already described.

merry Christmas guys from Tasmania, Australia

Tapio

Does it show the v5 maps info? I think I can be really lucky to still be on Android 10.
Ooh, TAS, on the edge of the flat earth 😁

Merry Christmas to everyone here, great community.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest

freischneider

Legend can be opened again. Thanks

Merry Christmas
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

john_percy

Linked online legend still greyed out, however.
Eg with file name "Voluntary V5.lnk" containing link to external file: https://kmu.files.cnow.at/s/4KPaAJDsMT85Xc2

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

michaelbechtold

Legends work for me when in sub folder of _themes, but not when in ZIP file.
Because I do not know what path to put into the lnk file in case of ZIP theme. Any hint?
  •  

Menion

@Andrew Heard
hmm, this is a nice mystery with your maps :). If you will be interested, I may create a special version with little more logs printed ...

@john_percy
last app version + last Voluntary V5 theme? Really?? Damn, probably version also for you :)

@michaelbechtold
in the link file should be a relative path to any pdf file or just Url to any web address

Any theme or theme feature does not work? Share it with me, thanks ;)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

john_percy

@Menion Latest version 4.5.6 and latest Voluntary V5. I'll try a special version

PS Works ok with LoMaps or Mapsforge V3; works ok with Locus Pro.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

michaelbechtold

@Menion: I saw there are relative paths in the lnk files. But pls.: what exactly does relative mean in a ZIP file that is in _themes folder of Locus base?
Thank you
  •  

karlchick

Quote from: michaelbechtold on December 24, 2021, 15:05:31
@Menion: I saw there are relative paths in the lnk files. But pls.: what exactly does relative mean in a ZIP file that is in _themes folder of Locus base?
Thank you

My lnk files are working relative the Locus directory that contains the mapsVector directory. For my OS theme:

mapsVector/_themes/OS Map/OS Map Day Legend.pdf

Note I have the lnk files located in the same directory as the theme xml files.

Karl.
User id: 62b600722
Author of the OS Map Theme:
DiscussDownload
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: michaelbechtold on December 24, 2021, 15:05:31
Thank you
That is a good question. Tried numerous paths... I wasn't able to create a lnk file which allows Locus to access a pdf file inside the zip.

If a pdf is in the zip files root the content of the lnk should simply be relative to zip root:
blah.pdf
and/or
/blah.pdf
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: tapio on December 24, 2021, 08:24:07
Does it show the v5 maps info?
@tapio - yes - shown in my previous screen capture. Why am I posting on xmas day?
  •