[APP] - version 4.0.+ ( 30. 3. 2021 )

Started by Menion, March 30, 2021, 07:22:08

bezel

@menion:
is it possible to arrange the function bar at the top as usual (as with locuspro)?

I don't like the subscription model at all - when will the one time payments model you mentioned be available and at what price (there are talks about 100 euro!)?
  •  

didado

I've been playing around some with LoPoints offline. From a standpoint of someone riding a fuel based vehicle such as a car or motorcycle the most important LoPoint would be a Gas Station. As it stands now this LoPoint feature is not useable.

In LoPoint I can choose Car Services -> Gas Station and then I get 100 Charging Stations in a radius of less then a 500 meters from my house. The icons for a Charging Station/point are also the same  icon as a Gas Station.

LoPoints offline should really distinguish between Gas (Petrol) Stations and Charging Points because it is near impossible to find a Gas Station this way in busy area's when there are hundreds of Charging Points such as in a city like Amsterdam.

I do love this app :-)
...to boldly go where everyone but me has gone before...
  •  

sbouju

Live tracking again...
If I launch a live tracking in a private group and share the link to some other persons, do they need to have a gold, or silver subscription to fully reach the tracking in their Locus app ? Or the free version of LM is sufficient...?
  •  

Viajero Perdido

I've been playing with Sync (gold).

Firstly, I couldn't save a route from the web planner.  It said I had to sync, but I couldn't see a sync option anywhere.  Figured it out, sync on a device.

Secondly, I tried to sync on the tablet.  It worked but took hours with very little data flow, odd but maybe by design.  Subsequent manual sync on that device takes only a few seconds then reports success.

Thirdly, I tried to sync on the phone.  Always, after a minute or two, "Process unsuccessful 4/5".  (I wish there was a message that told me how to fix this.)  It never reaches 1%.  Clearing temporary data (in Locus) doesn't help.  Clearing storage and cache (via system) doesn't help.  Reinstalling doesn't help.  I sent a crash report; unknown if related.  I deleted 3 "Sync*" files, even that doesn't help.

Once, while doing something nearby (was it doing "Compute Plan"?  Don't remember.), it said Whoops! Stopped [gibberish] code 10601.

On the phone, the hamburger menu shows my name at top (I always login with Google) and Locus Map GOLD at bottom, and "My Subscription" shows a checkmark beside Gold Annually Exclusive.  On the tablet, same checkmark etc, but oddly, no mention of GOLD at the bottom.  EDIT: Both tablet and phone have 4.0.0, but I see my user ID is dramatically different length between the two?!?  40 vs 10 hex digits; is this significant?

The short user ID (on tablet) is f352c39341, in case it helps.  I'm not typing the long one.  :)

EDIT: Started up my backup phone (BV6000s), opened Locus Store (seems necessary), verified 4.0.0, Gold subscription checkmark, but noticed "GOLD" missing from hamburger menu, noticed user ID is short but different from other devices.  Sync.  On this phone it seems to be working: more progress than the other phone, at 4/5 and moving very slowly at 1%.  After some hours, I assume it'll finish.

EDIT: I did manage to successfully get a Sync Plan, but still cannot successfully accomplish the first manual sync, and Auto Sync is still greyed out.  I'm out of ideas.
  •  

Graf Geo

@ Viajero Perdido: The synchronisation works fine, I can't detect any problems.

When you create a route in the web planner, you must save it afterwards. The button is on the left below the list of waypoints.

In the "Save to my library" dialogue box that appears, you must enter a name and select a folder. Then save. This will upload the route to the cloud.
The next time you synchronise with your smartphone/tablet, the route will appear there in the list of tracks.

Unfortunately, I don't know why the synchronisation hangs with you and some others ("Process unsuccessful 4/5").  As I said, it works perfectly for me.
  •  

ost

Hello,
Good work.
Is possible to display view direction as in Locus Pro  3.5 ?
Thanks.
  •  

Graf Geo

^ Yes. Click repeatedly on the multifunctional centre and rotate button until the compass icon appears.
  •  

Viajero Perdido

Quote from: Graf Geo on April 06, 2021, 09:17:11When you create a route in the web planner, you must save it afterwards.
Thanks but yes, I was trying to do exactly that.  A message told me I had to sync first, but the message could've usefully said I had to sync on a mobile device first.  So of course I looked for Sync on the web interface, where there's no such word.

Still can't sync with my main phone.   :-\

Sync works OK between my tablet and backup phone, but I never want to use that phone.  Sync doubles up my geocache folders, but maybe that'll straighten out after I delete the extras.  Tiiiiiime will tell, because it syncs slowly.

But if it doesn't work on my main phone, I can't use the feature.
  •  

danielson

Thank you for all the great work! I've been user of the Pro version for years, and from today a new subscriber (Gold option). The only thing that I really miss in version 4.0 is unconstrained panel customization.
In the classic version, I had this layout (both panels with auto-hidden option):

In version 4.0, unfortunately, I cannot get such a layout:

Is it possible to restore free panel customization in the future versions of the new application?

Daniel
  •  

freischneider

Quote from: danielson on April 06, 2021, 18:02:50
Thank you for all the great work! I've been user of the Pro version for years, and from today a new subscriber (Gold option). The only thing that I really miss in version 4.0 is unconstrained panel customization.
In the classic version, I had this layout (both panels with auto-hidden option):

In version 4.0, unfortunately, I cannot get such a layout:

Is it possible to restore free panel customization in the future versions of the new application?

Daniel
The sidebar and the lower panel can be hidden since then. Zoom only goes hide permanently. For the rest there is now a suggestion. Just give your vote for it.
https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/23938-locus-4-possibility-to-hide-all-buttons
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Menion

Hi guys, sorry for missing responses here on the forum. For a few days, I'm doing only support and minor bug fixes on our help desk. Once done, I'll finally return where I belong ... here :).
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Viajero Perdido on April 06, 2021, 17:52:01
Sync doubles up my geocache folders
@menion - same problem as I reported? "should not happen"?
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

ost

Quote from: ost on April 06, 2021, 11:29:36
Is possible to display view direction as in Locus Pro  3.5 ?

Quote from: Graf Geo on April 06, 2021, 12:06:38
^ Yes. Click repeatedly on the multifunctional centre and rotate button until the compass icon appears.

Thank you for reply. I have found this option, but I'm looking for something different: "Show view" functionality that shows your mobile orientation but without map rotation.
See pictures.
  •  

Menion

@Viajero Perdido
Prices $  > this is not perfectly in my control. One page display format returned from the Google internal service. The second, because I need to format it for months, return the price formatted by the internal Android system. Little unsolvable task  :-\

Weather service > ah thanks. We decided to put it into Silver tier even it const us something. Will be fixed in the next version.

is in the end in the Silver tier. Thanks, we will fix it on the web.

Magnifier > will be available in the next version as a button to functional panels.

Sync troubles > hmm, I would rather discuss it without spamming this whole topic. Should be possible to create this as a problem on the help desk? Thanks!

@john_percy
Silver|Silver in Map-screen content > thanks, fixed

@Saturo
tap on point > popup option ... ah thanks. There should be a minor difference between these settings. Fixed. Seems like a good adept for removal.

click on geocache waypoint should open the screen with the map and small "target" icon above map in the right corner. This center on the waypoint itself.

@Hennes
Thanks for Gold-based support  :)
1. exactly, once the sync is setup on your device, planned tracks are within 30 seconds transferred to your device. Gold feature.
2. zoom buttons may be enabled in app settings > Display.
3. generally it is not necessary to terminate Android apps, anyway double-click on the back button should do the work.
4. Hmm really? Should not happen. What exactly should I do to simulate this?
5. Also should not happen of course.
6. you may download own 1' data and replace with them 3'' data downloaded in Locus/data/srtm directory. 1' data are not yet available for download, but we will work on it this year probably.

Ah damn, once I wrote it I see, @tapio already answered. Thanks tapio :).

@bezel
The function panel at the top is not planned.
We never talked about the payment that will be "forever license". This is currently not planned, sorry. I'll not reveal some unfinished details about this.

@didado
Offline LoPoints will be another step in "LoPoints" work. We will try to integrate new online system into offline solution. Later this year.

@sbojuju
Only the owner of the private root needs to have Gold subs. Other invited members are fine with Free version of the app.

@Andrew Heard
I'm already confused about who had troubles and who not. Do you also have duplicate data? Seems we will have soon write some post about "Correct steps to start with syncing when you have old data on multiple devices".

@ost
this option is currently hidden in auxiliary settings in the app settings.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on April 07, 2021, 16:23:08
I'm already confused about who had troubles and who not. Do you also have duplicate data?
@ost
this option is currently hidden in auxiliary settings in the app settings.
@menion - at least @Viajero Perdido & myself have reported duplicate data. I discussed & sent you whole database many months ago. I have sorted mine, hopefully Viajero Perdido too, so is more a once-off issue than ongoing, but maybe some written guide for others is useful.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •