Locus Map Pro

Since:
Select multiple tracks in a folder.
Small arrow up ... Change style
Take a folder style (at the top)
to save
Select the same tracks again
Copy into a folder
Now the track is displayed in the folder style of the old folder.

Now:
The tracks take over the folder style of the new folder.

Wrong alarm .... I did a mistake .... I have 3 point menu and cloning.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

didado

I'm a pro user and I will go premium.

Anyway, I would suggest that on the comparison page link you start with summarising the different features that you do not get with classic etc but do get with Premium .

Now it is one giant list which I have to click and scroll to see what I'm getting extra premium. I did not find it convincing because I have to scroll through a sea of green that the other versions also offer yet Premium has a lot to offer. To summarise: summarise :-)
...to boldly go where everyone but me has gone before...
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Diddi

Pcmann

Ahoj. Je už možné koupit předplatné z Locusu na verzi 4 ? Když kliknu na zakoupit předplatné Gold, jakékoliv, vypíše to chybu, že položku nejde najít.
  •  

Menion

Hi guys,
I started this topic with the hope, that this or in the worst, the next day will be published new version on Google Play.

But, well, Google is blocking a release (also new Locus Map Pro 3.51.1) because of validation of "Background location" access. We were twice-time rejected and now waits on the result of the third attempt ... so sorry.

@T-mo
Live-tracking is paid only for people, who want to create private groups. So for example, you with Gold subscription may create a private group and invite the rest of the family that does not have any subs > and it is ok!

@tapio
Yes, Silver is risky, but we are sure, many people won't need the web stuff, so it is a very good option for them.

And yes, package names remain the same, so everything existing will continue correctly (add-ons, tasker tasks, etc...)

@joeloc
If you can, right after you notice that the app crashed, create and send me a bug report. There may be some info about the reason (or may not).

@Andrew Heard
nice comparison :). We focus on the area more related to hike & bike. Car navigations? It is the world on it's own  :).

@didado
thanks for the tip. I'll note about it my colleague who created web :).

@Pcmann
[CZ]sorry, not yet ... still waiting on the Google (start of this post)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

JackRussel

Im am a little bit dissatisfied that bulit in offline navigating is only part of gold and not silver.

In my Opinion bulit in offline navigating is a essential function of LM4 and should be in silver.

The price for gold is ok for the scope of functions but :
I don´t need Synchronization, LoMaps, Live tracking and the most other parts of gold. I make donations for OSM Freizeitkarte because Freizeitkarte has the best Theme for me.

Therefore I am dissatisfied that i am a little bit forced to take gold.

Can I use Brouter in LM4 like LM3 ?
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: JackRussel on March 22, 2021, 13:45:52Can I use Brouter in LM4 like LM3 ?
Yes you can, external BRouter just as in LM3, so no need to be dissatisfied. You only need silver.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: JackRussel

JackRussel

Quote from: tapio on March 22, 2021, 16:11:05
Quote from: JackRussel on March 22, 2021, 13:45:52Can I use Brouter in LM4 like LM3 ?
Yes you can, external BRouter just as in LM3, so no need to be dissatisfied. You only need silver.
Thanks a lot.

But I hoped that built in navigating is better than Brouter.
Maybe I try gold and downgrade after one year to silver. Then in know the advantages.
  •  

poutnikl

Quote from: JackRussel on March 22, 2021, 17:40:02
But I hoped that built in navigating is better than Brouter.

It is BRouter, just integrated one. It would be better then external one just in some secondary aspects, not related to navigation itself. Like not having time out issues for very long route segments, Brouter transparency, no limitation by Brouter API or integrated background BRouter data download/update.

Navigation is as good as the used navigation profile, with few exceptions of Brouter design limitations. Possibilities, relying on internal or external profiles are for both internal and external Brouter the same.

Sent from my Xiaomi MI A2 / Android 10, via Tapatalk

Menion

Exactly, thanks Libor.

One of the main reasons and benefits of the integrated BRouter is that it will have automatically updated routing data up to 2x a week. Anyway as Libor wrote, computed routes are based mostly on profiles and internal profiles used in internal LoRouter are freely available if anyone wants. So using BRouter from Google Play, you should get 100% identical results if used the same data & the same profiles. It just needs a little more manual work.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: JackRussel

JackRussel

Quote from: Menion on March 22, 2021, 19:33:18
One of the main reasons and benefits of the integrated BRouter is that it will have automatically updated routing data up to 2x a week. Anyway as Libor wrote, computed routes are based mostly on profiles and internal profiles used in internal LoRouter are freely available if anyone wants. So using BRouter from Google Play, you should get 100% identical results if used the same data & the same profiles. It just needs a little more manual work.
Thanks a lot.

I don`t have long Routes with a start and endpoint. My Routes have between 20 and 40 Waypoints.

LM is a great App. I think I try gold. Then I have one year and can compare the best package for me.
  •  

Rainman2de

I have got a love-hate-relationship to my locus map pro. The features of locus are far superior to the other navigation-apps I know. It is also much better than the komoot app. But importing external GPX-tracks is one of the most important features for my. And this is where locus just lacks so much.
I have been going thru almost all alpha and betaversion and have seen lm4 evolving and growing and i really like how all this was handled here in the forums.

Well, i appreciate it and I will happily pay for the gold version at least a year to support all of your work.

I almost pulled the trigger and ordered a hammerhead karoo 2, but maybe lm4 is just a better fit for me. So I safe the many for the karoo and give some to you.

Keep up that good work

With greetings from germany
  •  

Tapio

Quote from: Rainman2de on March 22, 2021, 21:55:31But importing external GPX-tracks is one of the most important features for my. And this is where locus just lacks so much.
I am interested, why? I do lots of automated recordings with another app, all managed by Tasker... and import it daily into Locus. No problem here, but it's a manual job. The only disadvantage for me. At some point I decided to make a suggestion to push an import job from outside into Locus, via intent.
  •  

francisco

Quote from: Menion on March 18, 2021, 14:53:46
... To sum this: allow Google-free system was not a priority for V1. Anyway, even more than with the Pro version, we would like to create a system that will be Google independent as soon as possible.
Yes, the best solution is Google independent. With last mobile-wars (...Huawey) is best to not depend in such giants, or one day 1 third of your customers can't use Locus with sync feature...
For me with a powerful gps engine (with no Google) I can't sync phone with it, so no advantage to subscribe a plan. I'll continue with Pro (Google on phones & Amazon on GPS)
  •  

drumpldeer

Hi!
Thank you for the work you have put into this absolutely brilliant tool. A few weeks ago after updating my Sony Xperia to a current Android 11 version, Locus 3 was suddenly very slow and also crashed. Then I became aware of the development of Locus 4 and have since installed the beta versions and tested with Geocaching. It got better and better, more stable and faster.
In the meantime I also got used to the new Geocaching user interface and finally found the menu with e.g. spoiler images. But I still have to get used to it, but that will be alright ;-)
One question I still have. When I create a new waypoint and click on the sign with arrow and point, Locus 3 always immediately displayed the map and the point was aimed. Now I have to click three times to get the map displayed. Is it still possible to change this? Is the question right here or should i already create a ticket?
Kind regards and many thanks!
Jens
  •  

Tapio

Route Planner. Delete trackpoint - confirmation feels weird. Basically, we have to press "delete" twice.

In order to streamline it and make working with waypoints more effective, please remove the second delete menu. This is no problem as  there is Undo. And route planner shaping points aren't too valuable.
  •