Web planner / portal

Started by Menion, February 12, 2021, 20:32:44

janaton

Hi everyone. Thank you very much for your feedback. It is much appreciated :)

Web Planner just got some nice improvements and fixes based on your feedback
You can check this new version on https://web.locusmap.app. Thanks for checking and additional feedback.

• Elevation chart for planner (comming soon also for My Library)
  • Sharing your saved track from My Library using URL (only for Gold premium subscribers - subscription will be possible soon)
  • Several smaller bug fixes and improvements ..

lor74cas

Quote from: janaton on March 18, 2021, 12:09:34

@lor74cas
1) Not editable filename -> Is it really issue? You can easily rename file once downloaded ... For sure I could add logic to generate name (current time, start and destination - can be tricky one) but I didn't see any big benefit doing so.

Hello,
It is useful for the messy ones like me who leave everything in the download folder. To give the created file a useful name to identify its contents, I always have to open the folder and rename the file, it is not very convenient. By pressing the export button it would be better to simply ask the user for the name, there is no need to take the information from the points, the track or the map to suggest one, you can leave "export" as default, but editable by the user.
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: janaton

lor74cas

Quote from: janaton on March 18, 2021, 12:25:06
Hi everyone. Thank you very much for your feedback. It is much appreciated :)

Web Planner just got some nice improvements and fixes based on your feedback
You can check this new version on https://web.locusmap.app. Thanks for checking and additional feedback.

• Elevation chart for planner (comming soon also for My Library)
  • Sharing your saved track from My Library using URL (only for Gold premium subscribers - subscription will be possible soon)
  • Several smaller bug fixes and improvements ..

I like it, good job!
Can you make a list of what has already been reported and that you will include in the next versions, so we avoid reporting the same things again?
I haven't been able to sync for a while since it requires a premium account so I can't test the "My library" part.
I have seen the annual prices: 0/10/24. I think 10 is correct, but 24 for some such specific features is a bit too much even if I understand the expenses you have to incur for the management of these services in the cloud, it is more than double the pro version of which it shares at least 75% functionality.
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Radim V

Quote from: geoffmozz on March 14, 2021, 00:19:46
The web planner doesn't work well set to walking, but does OK set to hiking. I screen recorded the issues which you can see in this video: https://www.dropbox.com/s/g88qnkugianhn1w/Locus%20Map%20web-based%20planner.mp4?dl=0

Thanks Geoff,
both walking and hiking profiles have been adjusted to accept all SAC difficulty levels. Walking profile puts high penalty on higher difficulties, so difficult (dangerous, exposed to fall) paths should be chosen as "last resort". This solution is not perfect, as difficult terrain may be unexpected to a "casual walker". We consider some sort of warnings for these scenarios. More detailed discussion on routing is here: https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=7202.30
Regards
  •  

poutnikl

Note that I have intentionally involved hard SAC limitations, originally developing the hiking template based on the user demand for senior people to avoid difficult routes.

Progressive penalisation and SAC limitations  can be applied in parallel , depending on profile configuration.

- progressive penalisation of higher than desired SAC lever
- either hard no go above maximum SAC level
- either very high but passable cost for forbidden level, like configurable costfactor 9000 for "forbidden" SAC level, as it was in the original profile.

Keep in mind that current Locus modification in LoWalking profile involves undesired possibility
a short enough but difficult segment will not penalize the route enough to avoid it for a person not accepting the challenge of given difficulty.

Sent from my Xiaomi MI A2 / Android 10, via Tapatalk

gps2003

How can I currently use the web portal with my data (as before)?
I only see the information "Subscribe to Premium Gold services".

However, how can I subscribe the mentioned "Gold services". I do not find any possibility.
LocusMap V4 is installed on my smartphone, but the premium button seems not to be activated?
  •  

janaton

@lor74cas
1) Editable filename of GPX export - thanks for the explanation. Yes, it makes sense. I have created ticket for it.
2) List of reported issues/features that are planned - yes, I will try to do it ... but I am little bit lazy in this kind of work. So hopefully, till the end of this week ;)
3) Pricing - this is the decision made by team and several calculations. I am not the one that should explain it ... but we tried to keep prices as low as we could to be certain that we are able to pay our monthly expenses. So, it is very tricky to compare prices only with respect to functionality ... and ignoring the cost of infra.

@gps2003 Subscriribing to "Gold services" - Oh, we are really sorry. According to our plan there should have been available pre-release version in Beta channel with working subscription since Friday ... but unfortunately we are having difficulties pass Google Play validation process. Hopefully, it will be released soon. Right now there is no way how to subscribe, sorry fro the inconvenience. Please, watch dedicated discussion here for the latest updates: https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=7258.0.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: lor74cas

lor74cas

The CLEAR X button needs a confirmation pop-up.

The central red dot on the map and the + sign in the panel do the same thing. How about using the one in the panel to change the drawing mode (from hike to bike, for example)?
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Tapio

Hi, synchronisation of only userdefined folders/groups - is it something you plan? I'm totally interested in having specific folders on the web planner, but I absolutely do not want to have it all up on 3rd party webservers...

- Can you make the top navigation bar auto hide and only return if mouse moves to top area? Then, together with Browser+F11 we could have total fullscreen planning joy.

- An easy way to delete waypoints without having to use the left area is missing. I am having the left area collapsed mostly.
Thinking of BRouter-Web, where clicking (a waypoint) just toggles between create/delete.

- The red and blue lines - I think it's hiking and cycling routes - are too disturbing, I have problems noticing my planned track..., I wish we could define the opacity. Overall I wish for a more wide range of the well known themes.

- I wish shelters, viewpoints, picnic sites and whatever rest areas could appear earlier, on zl14 maybe. They are crucial for longer tracks planning. Maybe add some more flexibility on what POI types to display. Favourite POI types preserved over the sessions. Or maybe something like a "display 2x size icon" option. Easily spotting the POI which are of personal interest is crucial for fun in planning.

- Will you add "round trip" to web planner as well? Here's the openrouteservice web planner with a round trip for inspiration: https://bit.ly/3rgmtJT
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

jajaballard

Not sure if already mentioned:
Switching the profiles is not triggering recalculation of my route.
  •  

janaton

@lor74cas
1) Waypoint remove (X) button needs confirmation - I am not sure here. IMO it is not so easy to remove waypoint accidentally and confirmation dialog could be really annoying
2) Changing profiles - yes, this is definitely missing feature and I am really sorry that it was not part of V1. I plan to add it really soon and it will most probably work as onclick on routing profile icon.

@tapio
1) Synchronization of userdefined folders/groups - this is absolutely something we should consider. Right now it is not on the readmap but I agree that it makes absolutely sense to support this. I am creating ticket for it
2) Hiding top navigation bar - again great idea! I am not sure about auto-hiding it but I get your point. I am also creating ticket for it
3) Deleting waypoint from the map - and again great suggestion. I didn't realize that planning with collapsed sidebar could happen a lot (you miss calculated stats, ...). I will create ticket for it but I am not sure that clicking on waypoint should trigger delete. I would rather add "Delete" as contextual action. What do you think?

@jajaballard
1) Switching profiles no triggering recalculation - yes, this is intended behavior. You can mix routing profiles during planning of one route ;)

Please, be aware that I can not promise any ETA for suggested improvements right now. We have a lot of items in our backlog and we will proceed according to priorities which are changing constantly.

Tapio

Quote from: janaton on March 24, 2021, 10:39:07I will create ticket for it but I am not sure that clicking on waypoint should trigger delete. I would rather add "Delete" as contextual action. What do you think?
I think keeping it simple is good, please compare with brouter-web. Left-Clicking to make it disappear, Rightclick for context menu, I think it would be good. But a "delete" context menu item would also do...

As for hiding the top bar, maybe just add a blue "collapse" arrow also on top. Compare https://maps.openrouteservice.org - they also have an arrow for the top bar, plus initial auto hide. This way it is user initiated and no problem.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: janaton on March 24, 2021, 10:39:07
@lor74cas
1) Waypoint remove (X) button needs confirmation - I am not sure here. IMO it is not so easy to remove waypoint accidentally and confirmation dialog could be really annoying
I meant the "CLEAN X" button which clears everything, not the single point.
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

jajaballard

@jajaballard
1) Switching profiles no triggering recalculation - yes, this is intended behavior. You can mix routing profiles during planning of one route ;)

Ok, this may be one valid approach. But I'm not able to change my bike e.g. from "Road" to "MTB" during the real ride.
So I like to switch the profiles with recalculation for an actual plan to identify possible alternatives during the planning process.

best regards
Ralf

•  

Andrew Heard

http://brouter.de/brouter-web/ currently has a superior UX in my experience, which is fair enough, because it has been around for a long time now.

With talk of "tickets" in the system - is there a ticket for restoring the map to previous position/ zoom when the web page is next opened? As mentioned a few times the default Euro-centered map is quite annoying to a non-Euro user. At present, but hopefully not for too long, BRouter is the model to admire here ;-)

I do observe just in last day or so the web router URL now supports lat/lon/zoom as querystring parameters - excellent.

See also https://help.locusmap.eu/topic/23762-expand-this-help-desk-system-to-handle-the-new-web-router - otherwise how can users vote/ suggest new features in a structured way.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •