[Theme] OS Map

Started by karlchick, May 29, 2020, 17:45:48

Jethro10

Hi,
I think there's a problem with Openandromaps and your theme.
The author this month seems to have dropped cliffs from OSM And picked them up from some Ordanance Survey free data. I'm guessing tags are different as cliffs have gone from the map.

Thanks
J
  •  

karlchick

Hi J,

Yes, I have noticed. I have added the new OS Crag tag to the new version of the theme I'm slowly working on. It's close to ready for v4/v5 maps. But the v3 of the OS Map theme is in need of major updates to support lomap maps and keep the latest look/feel in line with v4/v5 theme...

I could release just the v4/v5 map theme if people want something for Andromaps now....
User id: 62b600722
Author of the OS Map Theme:
DiscussDownload

Jethro10

Quote from: karlchick on December 14, 2022, 17:02:32I could release just the v4/v5 map theme if people want something for Andromaps now....

Will that would obviously help me!
But I realise there's a lot you do, so no panic

J
  •  

karlchick

Ok... I've got the v4/v5 theme into a state ready for release - just need to update the Legend PDFs.
The v3 theme I have not started work on, it will require a lot of rework...

I think I am going to do a release with just the v4/v5 theme updated and leave the v3 untouched for now - that way you can benefit from the latest theme updates on OAM maps right now.

i was wondering if I should split the theme into two separate themes, one for OAM and one for LoMap. But then I thought "Will LoMaps ever upgrade to v5 or higher maps?" @Menion, perhaps an inkling?
DiscussDownload
  •  

michaelbechtold

LoMaps with V4/5 has been a topic since 2 years or so, and there was an intend to do it in 2022, if I recall correctly. Seems we have to add one year ...
Menion - what is your latest guess :-) ?
Cheers
Michael
  •  

Menion

LoMaps in V4 and LoMaps themes updated to V4 are in internal testing and most probably will be published this week as Beta + in the public version in March ;).
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download

karlchick

@Menion, any chance of a sneaky peak at the tagmapping file for v4 lomaps? Is it similar to v3?
DiscussDownload
  •  

Menion

•  
    The following users thanked this post: karlchick

karlchick

@menion, no hurry. It would be good if theme creators could access an early beta release of the tag mapping and an example/test map - so we have time to update our themes and provide the user base with working themes as soon as the new lomaps go live...
DiscussDownload

Menion

Just for your info, a topic related to this is already published here.

I've also fixed the problem reported by Andrew when the app stuck at a certain moment and added some tweaks to the whole system. So "final" version will be published for testing today or tomorrow together with new maps. Anyway more on the mentioned topic.

Andrew Heard

Quote from: Menion on February 28, 2023, 09:33:42I've also fixed the problem reported by Andrew when the app stuck at a certain moment
excellent
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Andrew Heard

Karl - what is the latest version of your wonderful theme & where can I download it? Page #1 still has 25/2/2021.
  •  

karlchick

Quote from: Andrew Heard on April 06, 2023, 01:53:38Karl - what is the latest version of your wonderful theme & where can I download it? Page #1 still has 25/2/2021.

Hi Andrew, I finished the v4 OS Map theme back in Feb, and was going to release it with the old v3 theme not updated... but then along came v4 LoMap maps...

I've been working to making the v4 theme work for all v4/v5 OAM maps and the v4 LoMap maps, getting close now, just waiting for the latest LoMap beta maps with designation tags included so we can finally show UK public rights of ways just like OS maps do...

Given that v3 maps are being consigned to history, I'm thinking of not trying to update the v3 theme anymore - the v3 maps are missing tags that have been added to v4/v5 maps.

You can see some of examples of latest theme in the thread about the v4 LoMap maps:
https://forum.locusmap.eu/index.php?topic=8309.new#new
DiscussDownload

Andrew Heard

Quote from: karlchick on April 06, 2023, 09:25:00You can see some of examples of latest theme
yes I have been following that thread - excellent work; but just to confirm, my 2021-02-16 OS Map theme is currently the latest right?
  •  

karlchick

Quote from: Andrew Heard on April 07, 2023, 00:10:09
Quote from: karlchick on April 06, 2023, 09:25:00You can see some of examples of latest theme
yes I have been following that thread - excellent work; but just to confirm, my 2021-02-16 OS Map theme is currently the latest right?

Yes that was the latest version I published, wow over two years ago... been busy with family and work so not had much time spare.  But I have recently been improving the OS theme especially with some of the OAM map requests Christian implemented for me, and then along comes v4 LoMap maps, so exciting!
DiscussDownload