LoMaps + MapsForge V4

Started by Menion, February 20, 2023, 22:04:30

karlchick

Would be possible to add railway=miniature to v4 LpMaps?

Attached shows it missing for LoMap v4 and visible on OAM.
User id: 62b600722
Author of the OS Map Theme:
DiscussDownload
  •  

karlchick

Another issue found with v4 lomaps, natural=mud is listed in the tag mapping, but not appearing in the map, see attached.

Also, note that leisure=nature_reserve is not displayed either when the area is also tagged with boundary=protected_area.
DiscussDownload
  •  

voldapet

Hi,

I'm sorry for the late reply. Finally, it's some time to focus on the map again :)
@karlchick
- railway=miniature added
- natural=mud - thank you for the report - my mistake. I added the natural=mud only into POINT section and WAYS were omitted (will be fixed in the next LoMaps)
- leisure=nature_reserve - I'm testing the latest LoMaps and seems to be OK (would you please check it again)
- icn&ncn available from zl=8 and rcn available from zl=10
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: karlchick

karlchick

Quote from: voldapet on August 25, 2023, 12:18:39- leisure=nature_reserve - I'm testing the latest LoMaps and seems to be OK (would you please check it again)

Still an issue in the latest LoMap, see attached. Link to osm data: https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/97554897#map=16/50.6817/-3.4543

But this might be a theme issue, mine and John's theme use very similar rules, but the internal theme is naming the nature reserve and outlining it... hmm...
DiscussDownload
  •  

john_percy

That particular nature reserve is malformed in the mapping. It doesn't form a closed area and my theme specifically checks for that to avoid unpleasant artefacts.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

voldapet

@karlchick I'm sorry, could you please describe in more detail what is wrong with this nature_preserve? I must be blind or not understanding  :) 
  •  

john_percy

It's not showing on @karlchick 's theme or mine. The reason is simply that the way is not closed and hence not legitimately an area.
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

karlchick

Yes, it's as John said, our themes ignored  areas that are not closed. I'm changing my theme since I don't fill or outline nature_reserve areas, just use symbol with name.

It's not an issue with the map.
DiscussDownload
  •  

voldapet

•  

karlchick

Would it be possible to include the tidal tag with the lm_highway tag?
DiscussDownload
  •  

voldapet

QuoteWould it be possible to include the tidal tag with the lm_highway tag?
It should be possible. But this is the same situation we discussed in another thread. Please consider whether this is really vital because of the number of (15) maximum tags.
  •  

karlchick

Quote from: voldapet on November 07, 2023, 07:59:02
QuoteWould it be possible to include the tidal tag with the lm_highway tag?
It should be possible. But this is the same situation we discussed in another thread. Please consider whether this is really vital because of the number of (15) maximum tags.

Highway already has the tidal tag, and very useful it is too. I kind of assumed that lm_highway is a straight copy of highway, and hence including tidal tag would be fixing an ommission.

For routes related to highways, with lm_highway missing the tidal tag, I currently can't indicate tidal sections of routes. In OAM maps this isn't an issue since highways carry both the tidal tag and routes (albeit one of each type).

Are there other non highways tags being included in lm_highway?
DiscussDownload
  •  

voldapet

@karlchick yes, 'lm_highway' is a copy of the original 'highway' tag. So every value of the 'highway' tag is available in 'lm_highway' tag. Of course, you need to take into account the set of tags of the tag mapping file https://github.com/asamm/lomaps-mapsforge/blob/main/various/tag-mapping-xml/tag-mapping-tourist.xml#L1328

The following tags are copied from the original way to "marked trail" way:
- highway (as lm_highway)
- sac_scale
- tunnel
- bridge
- layer
and ferry=route is mapped to custom lm_highway=ferry
  •  

karlchick

Hmm.. so it sound like I should be able to see tidal=yes for lm_highway=footway (for a route=foot|hiking) when the original highway=footway had tidal=yes.

But I'm not seeing this, I can see the rendering for when highway has tidal=yes, but not for lm_highway with tidal=yes (they have different line thickness in my theme at the moment).
DiscussDownload
  •  

voldapet

@karlchick
elements with lm_highway=* don't contains tag tidal=*
Please see the list of processed tags in my previous post
  •