[APP] - version 3.43.+ ( 9. 1. 2020 )

Started by Menion, January 10, 2020, 08:06:27

lor74cas

Hello, the today updated beta reports 3.42.0.12 version ???
The custom button does not disappear as the others

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Menion

@balloni55
version for the test is out ;)

@lor74cas
ah sorry, wrong number ... thanks.

Custom button ... what is it? Just a single button in the right panel and you have the right panel set to "auto-hide"?
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

john_percy

Toast message: "Max number of buttons is 3". I have 3 buttons on the top bar, none on the right hand side bar. Edit: seems linked to the upgrade. Editing buttons prevents this message recurring.
Also, the double press bug when navigating with offline graphhopper has gone. (Good)

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: menion on February 08, 2020, 10:44:20
@balloni55
version for the test is out ;)

@lor74cas
ah sorry, wrong number ... thanks.

Custom button ... what is it? Just a single button in the right panel and you have the right panel set to "auto-hide"?
Exactly the live Trak button on right panel does not disappear as in non beta version

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

balloni55

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Andrew Heard

@menion
3.43.1.12: could you please explain the new option - automatic setup of primary/ secondary function panel?

map-screen content panel > additional layers > coordinate grid: enable - coordinates on map screen are mostly hidden behind right and bottom function buttons

bug (not version related) > quick new point > add point > display basic info: speed is non zero? for example 18km/h - how is speed related to a point? and if there is some case I haven't considered, for my new quick points should it be 0km/h anyway?
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Menion

@john_percy
hmm, thanks for the info about incorrect notification. I think I see a reason for this.

@lor74cas
live tracking button is really interesting. May you share with me backup of settings only (backup manager)? It should help to simulate it on my device, thanks.

@Andrew Heard
"Auto-setup of function panels" > most visible (and the main reason) is screen rotation. Try it. App tries to fill top bar first and when it's full, it starts filling side panel.

Coordinate grid: unfinished feature ...

Quick new point: in case, the screen is centered on GPS, then you are right. All various parameters are also saved to point location. Which does not make too much sense, agree ... fixed, thanks.

@balloni55
hmm, I see some values in the log, but unfortunately not enough to fix it for sure. Anyway, I made some smaller changes that may help here, so give a try to the next Beta version. I hope it helps. And thanks for the log!
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: menion on February 11, 2020, 22:33:06
@john_percy
hmm, thanks for the info about incorrect notification. I think I see a reason for this.

@lor74cas
live tracking button is really interesting. May you share with me backup of settings only (backup manager)? It should help to simulate it on my device, thanks.

@Andrew Heard
"Auto-setup of function panels" > most visible (and the main reason) is screen rotation. Try it. App tries to fill top bar first and when it's full, it starts filling side panel.

Coordinate grid: unfinished feature ...

Quick new point: in case, the screen is centered on GPS, then you are right. All various parameters are also saved to point location. Which does not make too much sense, agree ... fixed, thanks.

@balloni55
hmm, I see some values in the log, but unfortunately not enough to fix it for sure. Anyway, I made some smaller changes that may help here, so give a try to the next Beta version. I hope it helps. And thanks for the log!
I found autohide not enabled on right panel, it's strange I have the same set up in Pro and beta. Now it's ok

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on February 11, 2020, 22:33:06
@menion - unsure what to expect - behavior in Beta & Pro appear the same to me? Function panel buttons are correctly moved to top & right sides when I rotate the screen.
  •  

Menion

Andrew, try to rotate the display. You have to see a difference there. And if not, then the feature does not work to you :).
Example: place 10 functions to function panel, 3 to top, rest to the right. And now rotate device screen. You should still have 3 at top etc. And now enable this mentioned function.
  •  

Andrew Heard

@menion - yes, this is exactly what I did & already said in my last post

>And now enable this mentioned function.
how to enable?
  •  

balloni55

Quote from: Andrew Heard on February 14, 2020, 10:12:54
@menion - yes, this is exactly what I did & already said in my last post

>And now enable this mentioned function.
how to enable?

Hello Andrew
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4

Menion

Thanks balloni. It works for you correctly?
The great advantage is that in case you use the app mainly in the landscape, you may have full top bar with buttons, no matter, how long is it, if you use a tablet or tiny old small phone, etc.

balloni55

Quote from: menion on February 14, 2020, 13:12:21
Thanks balloni. It works for you correctly?
yes it work perfect for me

i'm just wondering why you have already released a video of it although it is still in beta
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MU_7NGTGgaU
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Menion

•