Locus Map 4, discussion (alpha)

Started by Menion, December 06, 2019, 14:57:45

balloni55

Quote from: menion on April 24, 2020, 15:42:58
@john_percy, @balloni55

@balloni55
"[waypoints_category_invisible] .. how you do it? :)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hiz4zsd0bu6j89q/invisible%20folder.mp4?dl=0
with PRO name of folder is displayed

display coordgrid while map is "north up" the coords are concealed
is it possible to flip them?
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

Addition of mileage display and number of hours in the folder display in LM4. If this did not affect the display speed, it would be a suitable replacement for the ODO of the cycling computer.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

T-mo

LM4 3.45.1.1 charged
route planner

• > settings > 'allow edit of navigation points' - my appreciation, Thanks. Works like a charm. Reg. option-name - I was not sure and had to search twice - the (necessary) discussion about shaping- and via-point makes me think those are navigation 'points' (the real ones though) as they are used as points defining the navigation in planning. Was expecting option-name  incl. 'navigation hint/on hover/label' sth. like that..just as feedback, doesn't really matter though

• see pics attached - to reach the next S-train nearby or the one of the next village I evaluated a 3km-short route I would take via a small kick-scooter  > route menu > Statistics: Estimated travel time. Something around 10-14km/h (or maybe in-head-calculation 2/3*20km/h) would match, so I used the biicycle-profiles, short and easy route, mostly downhill - see below the evaluation of 3 profiles all with 10km/h but different up-down-strength. I don't know inside-details of the profiles and calculation, but here 'Family crawling' would be 1st which is astonishing..

edit: used pics with smaller dimensions, LM4-version missing
  •  

Axel D

I have tested the lm4 locus versions several days. Now in 3.45.1.1 I can't zoom out, lower than 46% is not possible. Also the main town names are too little now. I use the LoMaps.
In the parallel Pro version all is normal.

Axel

Gesendet von meinem H8324 mit Tapatalk

Axel

Locus 4 Gold
  •  

Menion

@john_percy
I'll be watching mentioned two problems (missing photo icons in point detail & "no base map" label in map content) because I'm still unable to simulate it :/. In the worst case, I'll add some logging messages to the Alpha version and let you know.

@balloni55
thanks for the video. I believe you see these folders :), but I'm more curious how to get these points into this folder and how it's possible you see this folder name in one version and not in second, weird. This "invisible folder" is for storing points attached to tracks or some temporary data, but the app should definitely not display its name like in your case.

Grid: work in progress

@Žajdlík Josef
this idea (nice one) definitely belongs to my dreamed work: tracks/folders statistics :)

@T-mo
interesting problem with computed times ... may you send me a start > end coordinates so I may try it as well?

@ADiet
- hmm, zoom below 50% never worked (at least not without some special settings).
- Names for towns in vector maps may be set by settings > maps> offline maps > text size
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Axel D

I checked again the problem with zooming. It seams that only zoom level 16 is available, the percentages are from 46% to 1463%. In the normal pro version I can use all zoom levels.
This and the little town names are only seen in this actual beta version.

Gesendet von meinem H8324 mit Tapatalk

Axel

Locus 4 Gold
  •  

Menion

This more looks like an enabled "Zoom lock" feature.
Zoom lock is a little bit hidden in the recent version. The best is to add it manually to function panel.
  •  

Axel D

Thank you, this is the solution.

A few days before I switched the "Screen lock auto" in expert settings on. This was useful, but not while track recording. Then the screen locks every time, when the display go's on.
Therefore I switched off the automatic lock. But this do not work properly, it seams so.
Axel

Gesendet von meinem XZ2C mit Tapatalk

Axel

Locus 4 Gold
  •  

Menion

So what about new Alpha version 3.45.1.2 ;)

Interesting changes
- attempt to decouple the LoPoints system, so now it may be enabled independently on the base map. I see currently the only limitation: Locus needs to know about this POI database. For this, it needs to be "attached" to any vector map (same as now).
- improved coordinate grid & added support for the UTM grid (visible in case of enabled UTM coordinates).
  •  

Saturo

Crash directy after Startup.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

john_percy

Same for me

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

jonny.blue

•  

zossebart

Same for me :-(

Gesendet von meinem D5503 mit Tapatalk

•  

Menion

Ah sorry guys. New version (double-tested, same name)

EDIT: hmm because of LoPoints, app keeps crashing ... fix in progress
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

LoPoints. What does it mean to connect a database to a map? I tried to rename the .db file according to the OSM map, but Locus still can't find the database. Viz.csr.
  •