Author Topic: Locus Map 4, discussion  (Read 17099 times)

Offline balloni55

• Global Moderator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: Samsung XCover 4s Android 10
Re: Locus Map 4, discussion
« Reply #375 on: May 08, 2020, 19:53:42 »
what means green dot down left?
Locus PRO 3.46.1

Offline Andrew Heard

• Master of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: Samsung Galaxy A5 Oreo/8, Lenovo Note 4 Nougat/7.1
« Reply #376 on: May 09, 2020, 01:11:59 »
@balloni55 - green dot indicates unviewed notifications.

The following users thanked this post: balloni55

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
    • http://www.asamm.com
  • Device: SGS7
« Reply #377 on: May 11, 2020, 09:17:54 »
@T-mo
thanks for the feedback related to the LoPoins system (and crash in "Share dialog" as well > fixed).

The general idea of these points is that they are permanently visible on the map screen, with a different setup for various zoom levels (defined by the current vector V3 theme!). This method to display 100 points from a single category should be used only rarely for cases, you want to display certain points on the map permanently.

Btw. these floating active LoPoins already have a small white border, maybe just not so visible :).

Anyway, what I currently made in LM4, is just an ability to enable this overlay for every map, not just for vector maps. There is anyway need for some usability improvements like you wrote and it will come a little later.
Ideas, wishes, problems
Advanced topics, public discussion, sharing of knowledges, testing beta versions: you're here!

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: May 11, 2020, 16:18:19 »
Aaaand new Alpha 3.45.1.4 LM4
(sorry for the same name, important is code 930. Name now matches the "same" Locus Map Free/Beta version just published on Google Play).

EDIT: sorry, Michal found some technical problems ... I'm working on it.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 16:47:52 by menion »
Ideas, wishes, problems
Advanced topics, public discussion, sharing of knowledges, testing beta versions: you're here!

The following users thanked this post: tapio

Offline T-mo

• More than Newbie
    • View Profile
  • Device: One+3
« Reply #379 on: May 11, 2020, 19:38:16 »
LM4 930:
nah, LoPoint-feature doesn't work as expected, bugs appearing. Switching it on via eye-symbol and without any LoPoints selected/activated several POIs are still shown, automagically (so LoPoints everything is 0 but on the map symbols are shown after layer-activation via eye-smybol). Seems to be cafes etc. Eye-status and LoPoints-menu>'display on map' often does not match.
But great next step.

ideas for the future
  • integrate OSM-alternative for sharing location as text message: maybe https://www.openstreetmap.org and right-click>show adress/panel left side or right side share-menu. Sharing via long/lat as https://www.openstreetmap.org/#map=zoom/latitude/longitude Maybe this is a sort of reference https://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Browsing#Sharing_a_link_to_the_maps.
  • see attached pics: I kicked around with my Mibo Mastr 8) In my opinion from longtime-usage: honestly I mostly dislike the graph as it is missing some smooting/interpolation. I question that sometimes the shown drops in the graph (speed) are worth the space of drawn lines and their width  :D I  still have to optimise my rec-settings. Maybe - one day - the line is smoothed and there is a drop-down, somewhere close, where someone can select the smooting/interpolation - none (current state, raw, point > point via line), simple, etc)
« Last Edit: May 11, 2020, 20:13:45 by T-mo »

Offline tapio

• Master of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: Huawei Mate 20 X
« Reply #380 on: May 11, 2020, 22:20:20 »
Map content panel, the top map/theme entry. While I understand the logic, another approach would be more convenient maybe.

A new row just for the theme. If you tap left, you could pick a theme. If you tap right, the properties of the currently selected theme would appear. Currently, I think, theme properties are too far away, but are important, need regular fiddling.
Another advantage would be, the chosen theme is displayed in that new row in the content panel.
My BRouter profiles, based on Poutnikls: https://tiny.cc/brouterbrf

Offline lor74cas

• Padavan of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: Samsung A5 2017
« Reply #381 on: May 12, 2020, 07:40:48 »
Restore of backup crash
At every installation of a new LM4 I need to restore the folders settings, this time I tried the backup restore and found the bug

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: May 12, 2020, 13:57:09 »
@T-mo
ah, hidden "Display on map" settings, I've completely forget on it. United, thanks.
Still any points visible: if we talk about dynamic points (that are automatically loaded/unloaded based on the movement of the map), they should respect this eye on/off on 100%. Any steps to simulate this problem?

Ideas, thanks.
- sharing to OSM: is it really useful? You may partially do by yourself with a "Quick bookmark" function.
- the chart in the track: agree, not ideal. Check chart in the route planner at bottom > a lot better I believe :). It is a  different system that I plan to use also for this track screen in the near future.

@tapio
I was also thinking about it. Currently, I miss at least the label with the name of the selected theme. I'm just a little worried about the additional space that this item takes... I'll think about it, thanks.

@lor74cas
I'm trying it and no crash so far. Anyway, something found ... so next version, thanks.
Btw. why you need always restore backup? Should not be needed.
Ideas, wishes, problems

The following users thanked this post: tapio

Offline lor74cas

• Padavan of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: May 12, 2020, 15:01:13 »
Hello,
LM4 does not like my Locus folders settings so to avoid duplication of maps and srtm I need at every update to set them as in the PRO version. This time I tried to retore the backup and found the bug.

After my last post, I was tired to see in google store update the free(beta) version because I use LM4 and I uninstalled it. Result, no more LM4 and when trying to install it back from the apk it says it does not find my sd card, see attached screenshot.

LocusPro works well, I also attached its settings of folders.

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: May 12, 2020, 15:08:52 »
Version 931 has problems with SD card? Damn, should not. There was an issue in 930 version, but within a few hours I've published a fix.

You wrote that "LM4 does not like my Locus folders settings". It is possible that restoring backup in LM4 may need to set most of the custom folders (mainly to SD card) again. It is correct. But every update of LM4 or Beta version (not a new install) should keep this setting!

Also, you should not see an update of LM Beta from Google Play. Hmmm .. only in case, you have installed version 930 :).
Ideas, wishes, problems

Offline freischneider

• Master of Locus
    • View Profile
  • Device: Samsung S8, Locus Pro, always newest official version
« Reply #385 on: May 12, 2020, 15:14:04 »
Version 930 I also had problems with the SD card.
Version 931 was good then.

Offline Andrew Heard

• Master of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: May 13, 2020, 00:39:04 »
LM4 391 Interesting only this one time for me during installation, Google Play Protect says it hasn't seen this app before & asks to scan.

Offline menion

• Administrator
  • Professor of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: May 13, 2020, 23:34:45 »
And new Alpha 3.45.1.6 is available for install.
Mostly some fixes ...
Ideas, wishes, problems

Offline Andrew Heard

• Master of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: May 14, 2020, 00:10:08 »
LM4 933 - Nearest Points screen - working nicely. Thanks @menion.

The following users thanked this post: menion

Offline lor74cas

• Padavan of Locus
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: May 14, 2020, 08:45:00 »
  • With new version, no more problems with SD
  • Imported the setup backup of pro version in LM4, successfully but the LM4 folders settings has still issues. Attached screenshot
  • The explanation text is truncated. Attached screenshot
« Last Edit: May 14, 2020, 08:49:13 by lor74cas »