Locus Map 4, discussion (alpha)

Started by Menion, December 06, 2019, 14:57:45

freischneider

LM4 is getting better. Now I don't need a sidebar anymore. I get everything in the Map Content Panel and in the 5 lines in the menu below. A big compliment to Menion.
I still have a wish. I have hidden the zoom buttons on the map but they are still there in the route planner. It also works with the scale bar. Hidden on the map and then in the route planner.
Question about the copyright sign: Is this required by law? If so, you can make it a little smaller.
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

Menion

@Žajdlík Josef
ah nice, thanks, I'll fix it.

Map theme ... in case, base map is "themable", the button is right next to it. It may happen that also overlay map may be "themable", in this case, there is still "Theme" button next to the base map ... little weird, but save space and it is still in the same place.

@freischneider
hehe zoom buttons ... I've spent exactly on this task 3 hours today and then I've give up :). I does not looks so, but "auto-hide" option really complicates me a life ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Tapio

Took me a while until I recognized left vs. right button functionality in the new panel, it's lovely, well done.
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

john_percy

Geotagged photos show a jpg placeholder in the info panel, unlike the implementation in Locus Pro. (Both shown below.) Tapping on the medium sized image/placeholder correctly gives full size image in both cases.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

balloni55

Quote from: john_percy on April 22, 2020, 17:09:58
Geotagged photos show a jpg placeholder in the info panel, unlike the implementation in Locus Pro. (Both shown below.) Tapping on the medium sized image/placeholder correctly gives full size image in both cases.
confirm behavior
@ John, additional question, please open the POI with PRO and take a look at attachements. For me there is mostly no preview photo of attached photos. Only name and size is displayed

@menion
what means that text? only the first listed one hast no text
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.2 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

john_percy

@balloni55
The only attachment is the full size image. Presumably Locus generates the thumbnails on the fly.

•  

Menion

Hi guys, thanks for the report about images, I'll look at it tomorrow.

After today, the new version on Google Play and also the new LM4 Alpha version with some fine-tuning of existing features.
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

In route selection mode, the icons remain white on a light background and are not very visible.  See scr.
  •  

john_percy

Changing the style, theme or mode of an offline overlay doesn't always result in a proper screen redraw, though panning left and right usually results in a clean redraw. Sometimes however the screen is not properly redrawn on panning and multiple images result.
Screenshot 1 attached shows multiple overlay images of motorway (blue) and main road (green) in Multiply mode on panning. This occurs with both v3 and v4 maps.

Screenshot 2 shows colour change on road overlay after changing style and panning (due to style or theme change not being applied until pan).

Screenshot 3 shows a further problem, *first* display of map screen content side menu sometimes incorrectly says no map, no overlay

•  

Jochen

Hello Menion,

is it possible to add to "Quick Settings" : Karte an Gps Position zentrieren.
I use it only, if I'm on tour. If I plan different Routes at home, I have to go to to Settings-Kartenansicht  and search for this Point, to disable it.
This is the only one, which I miss in "Quick Settings", to have quick access to the functions, which I only need, if I'm on tour.

Kind regards

Jochen 👍

•  

Joska

Hello Jochen.

If I understand right ,the use off den main button is featured with, what you want. Tapping it for longer than 1 or 2 seconds, you'll get a checkbox on the right side.

Joska
---
  •  

Menion

@john_percy, @balloni55
Interestingly, I have no problem with the attached photos. From where comes your images? They are taken by system camera and later added to Locus Map or directly attached in Locus Map, or any other option?

Problem with an overlay ... when any "Blend mode" is enabled, the app has serious problems, at least on my device. This happens for many months already and seems, no users complain. Anyway, don't use blend mode if they cause problems to you. What happen on your screenshots, seems to be "something more". What steps you did to get "Nothing to display" for the base map?

@balloni55
"[waypoints_category_invisible] .. how you do it? :)

@Žajdlík Josef
ah damn, even here ... thanks!

@Jochen
what is "Karte an Gps Position"?
  •  

freischneider

@Jochen: long click on GPS below
Poco F5, Xiaomi Redmi Note 10 Pro, Android 13
Locus Map 4 Gold (always latest version)
LM4 User-ID: 11cec7cb5  (Devices-ID poco F5)
  •  

john_percy

@menion
1. Geotagged photos were taken with phone camera and found by Locus in phone camera DCIM folder. Exactly the same behaviour for Locus quick photo point. It's the jpg icon that's the issue: Locus Pro has a middle sized version as well as a small thumbnail and full size attachment. (Edit: I've just found *one* of my photos works properly.)
2. If the blend mode doesn't work, either mend it or don't offer it! However I'd never had any problems until now. The biggest issue seems to be with Multiply blend though the failure to redraw was happening with SrcOver.
3. The "no base map" and "overlay disabled" messages only appear (sometimes) on first opening the map contents side menu immediately after loading Locus. A timing issue?

•  
    The following users thanked this post: Menion

Jochen

@menion: "Hold map center" in English. I'm sorry. I am a german user.

@Joska @freischneider : Thank you very much for your explanation. I didn't see it, although I use Locus Pro very often.
@menion: I think, this is the right place for it for instant access. Maybe it can be added in the future to the quick access panel, too. But it is not absolutely necessary.
  •