Locus Map 4, discussion (alpha)

Started by Menion, December 06, 2019, 14:57:45

Žajdlík Josef

Would it not be possible to divide Locus databases into several parts according to data folders? Personally, I store data in folders according to dates. I look at old data only occasionally, and loading the entire data file (800 Mb) unnecessarily burdens Locus. It would also solve the synchronization, because the data files would be much smaller.

CZ: Nebylo by možné databáze Locusu rozdělit do více částí podle složek s daty? Osobně si ukládám data do složek podle letopočtů. Do starých dat se dívam jen ojediněle, a načítání celého datového souboru (800 Mb) zbytečně zatěžuje Locus. Vyřešilo by to i synchronizaci, protože by datové soubory byly mnohem menší.
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: Žajdlík Josef on July 23, 2020, 14:12:56
Would it not be possible to divide Locus databases into several parts according to data folders? Personally, I store data in folders according to dates. I look at old data only occasionally, and loading the entire data file (800 Mb) unnecessarily burdens Locus. It would also solve the synchronization, because the data files would be much smaller.
As I wrote above, I also would like to see folder-based sync. But I think that has to be done on DB-level - a file-based approach has all kinds of inherent problems, eg. what happens if you rename an existing database? If you rename the file also, it's hard to sync the correct db on the other side. If not, you run into problems if you create a new folder with the old name. And so on.
No, I assume if we get syncing of DB-parts, it must be done programmatically by the syncing algorithm.
  •  

alexs77

I recently installed the latest version from this thread. This morning, when I started Locus, I found that the normal (non pro) version from the store had been installed (or "updated"?).

How can I prevent that from happening? I'd like to stay on the Locus Map 4 version.

Thanks.
  •  

balloni55

Quote from: alexs77 on July 24, 2020, 20:51:51
How can I prevent that from happening? I'd like to stay on the Locus Map 4 version.
open playstore/my apps > open LM FREE/ 3-dot top right/ disable " Enable auto-update"

thats my solution
Wolfgang
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.0 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

alexs77

Quote from: balloni55 on July 24, 2020, 21:06:02
Quote from: alexs77 on July 24, 2020, 20:51:51
open playstore/my apps > open LM FREE/ 3-dot top right/ disable " Enable auto-update"

thats my solution
Wolfgang
of course

thanks a lot.

but...

it still shows up in the list of apps that can be updated in play store. and when I push the "Update All" button, it would "update" it as well. So — no, this won't work for me 😭

•  

Andrew Heard

LM4 & LM3-free both share the same app ID (for better or worse). You can only have one or the other installed, not both. Your choice.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

john_percy

As far as I can see, the fact that they share the same id means that Google play store offers you updated versions of lm3free if you have lm4 alpha.

Sent from my moto g(6) plus using Tapatalk

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

alexs77

Quote from: Andrew Heard on July 25, 2020, 00:15:08
LM4 & LM3-free both share the same app ID (for better or worse). You can only have one or the other installed, not both. Your choice.
yes, that's true. I don't want LM3 and I want Google Play Store to leave the LM4 alone. But as the id is identical and as the version number of LM4 is lower than the one of LM3, Play Store will "update".

there is no choice for the user, sadly.

Devs, could you release a new version of LM4 with a higher version number? Something like 3.50, or so? That would be great
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: alexs77 on July 25, 2020, 08:11:15
as mentioned you can turn off auto updates

in the same way, I only manually update LM3 free when a Beta version is released for testing
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

alexs77

Quote from: Andrew Heard on July 25, 2020, 10:08:57
Quote from: alexs77 on July 25, 2020, 08:11:15
as mentioned you can turn off auto updates
As mentioned, this won't stop Play Store from updating, when the "Install all updates" button is pushed. And as my phone, for whatever reason, often has a long list of pending updates (at the moment: 14), I kind of have to push that button.
  •  

john_percy

Does auto update not work on your phone, or do you choose not to use it?

Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

poutnikl

I update manually particular updates only. Different app ID would be nice, but I can live with that .

Sent from my Xiaomi MI A2 / Android 10, via Tapatalk

alexs77

Quote from: john_percy on July 25, 2020, 10:23:52
Does auto update not work on your phone, or do you choose not to use it?

it works, most of the time, but every so often gets stuck, it seems. it is enabled.
  •  

Menion

Creating new version for Google Play with unique ID is currently not possible. It is still not a serious problem as automatic updates may be disabled etc. It will be interesting little later when Locus Map 4 will be officially published and I'll still need somehow provide versions for the testing. We will see ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: alexs77 on July 25, 2020, 10:13:53As mentioned, this won't stop Play Store from updating, when the "Install all updates" button is pushed. And as my phone, for whatever reason, often has a long list of pending updates (at the moment: 14), I kind of have to push that button.
Once you press "Install all", an X appears to the right of each app being updated. Simply press the one at LM4 and that's it. That's how I do it in those cases, only needs one additional tap...
  •