Re: [APP] - version 3.36.+ ( 30. 1. 2019 )

Started by Menion, January 30, 2019, 14:43:06

Menion

@john_percy, @Spartaner
the issue will be fixed in the next version. I've found a method how to specify where will be SVG images cached. So I've set Locus internal directory which is cleaned after app closes. Believe it will be good enough.

locus.sv@heime.org
hehe oki, but then I'm still unable to simulate it. If in your third step, I choose different cache, app firstly sends this "found" log, then tries to send trackable log and that's all. After closing first error with cancel, no additional "log found it" for the cache is send.

Ah maybe I see it ... you pressed "retry" when this error in logging trackable happen right? Hmm oki, I've fixed it now, hopefully :). Thanks.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

locus.sv@heime.org

Quote from: menion on February 27, 2019, 14:02:02
@john_percy, @Spartaner
the issue will be fixed in the next version. I've found a method how to specify where will be SVG images cached. So I've set Locus internal directory which is cleaned after app closes. Believe it will be good enough.

locus.sv@heime.org
hehe oki, but then I'm still unable to simulate it. If in your third step, I choose different cache, app firstly sends this "found" log, then tries to send trackable log and that's all. After closing first error with cancel, no additional "log found it" for the cache is send.

Ah maybe I see it ... you pressed "retry" when this error in logging trackable happen right? Hmm oki, I've fixed it now, hopefully :). Thanks.

Actually, I pressed "discard log" on the trackable error
  •  

Menion

New Locus Map Beta 3.26.2.9

Among many fixes and news, these are highlights:

- added horizontal filter for GPS locations! Needs testing anyway. To enable it, choose it's strength in expert settings. After that, best is to start track recording. On map will be drawn line created by track recording service and also dashed line created from original locations!! So you may really easily compare the difference.

- manually draw segments in route planner are now correctly colored and also saved in generated track (so elevation chart is also correct). Also, compared to the previous version, relative altitude coloring in route planner is over the whole route, not every segment separately (as was before), better?

- fixed few remaining problems with new Geocaching API

- more in news

EDIT: btw, did anyone checked "notes" in geocache detail? Now it is possible to get and use notes defined of the web page. Is this usable? If so, what app should more offer ... check if notes contain coordinates and offer to create of waypoint(s)?
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

Beta 3.36.2.9 crashes upon application termination. An interesting problem. Beta works seamlessly. But after closing the application with the Back button, an application termination error message will shortly be missed. Tested on Android 5 and 8. I tried sending an error message.
Cz:
Beta 3.36.2.9 havaruje po ukončení aplikace. Zajímavý problém. Beta bez problémů funguje. Ale po zavření aplikace tlačítkem Zpět krátce problikne chybové hlášení o ukončení aplikace. Testováno na Androidu 5 a 8. Zkusil jsem odeslat chybové hlášení.
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: Žajdlík Josef on February 27, 2019, 19:38:15
Beta 3.36.2.9 crashes upon application termination. An interesting problem. Beta works seamlessly. But after closing the application with the Back button, an application termination error message will shortly be missed. Tested on Android 5 and 8. I tried sending an error message.
Cz:
Beta 3.36.2.9 havaruje po ukončení aplikace. Zajímavý problém. Beta bez problémů funguje. Ale po zavření aplikace tlačítkem Zpět krátce problikne chybové hlášení o ukončení aplikace. Testováno na Androidu 5 a 8. Zkusil jsem odeslat chybové hlášení.
Confirmed, it's the same with Android 7

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
  •  

john_percy

Same for me on Android 8.0.0.
Also Menu > Exit gives green toast asking me to "Press 'back' again to exit".
Voluntary and Velocity themes - https://voluntary.nichesite.org
  •  

zossebart

Quote from: Žajdlík Josef on February 27, 2019, 19:38:15
Cz:
Also confirmed on Android 5.1.1!

Manual drawn parts in Routeplanner are nicely handled now!

Gesendet von meinem D5503 mit Tapatalk

•  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on February 20, 2019, 11:10:30
@Andrew Heard
from where comes locusworld.com address?
Just a few days ago we published a new page for live-tracking on: https://live-tracking.locusmap.app ... it's not yet 100% finished, but most for version 1 is already done (mainly "users guide" is in preparation).
@menion - sorry I can't now recall exactly where the locusworld.com link comes from. It was related to getting live tracking working. However as I said, the page https://www.locusmap.eu/live-tracking-chat/ has a link "Locus Map website" which links to http://www.locusmap.eu/live-tracking/ but then redirects back to the same page. The link is broken.

When trying to enable live tracking (Wifi enabled, flight mode) there was a Locus login screen with title "Locus World"? And I got various error codes as shown in the screen captures. All was resolved when flight mode was disabled, and data enabled.

I also note that www.locusworld.com redirects to http://www.wivara.com/?

It appears the page http://www.locusmap.eu/live-tracking/ has changed to https://live-tracking.locusmap.app/.
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Andrew Heard

The DOWNLOAD & MENU buttons on the live tracking web page when displayed on a phone take up considerable screen space. Can the DOWNLOAD button be incorporated into the menu, and the MENU button float over the top of the map similar to the right side << group button?
  •  

Menion

Ah thanks for "closing app" bug. Should be fixed now.

@Andrew Heard
I've added the redirect to mentioned post to new live-tracking web page so it should work correctly now, thanks.
- when you find a place where we mentioned "Locus World" page, let me know. It is not even our domain so it should not exists anywhere.
- problem with login over wi-fi ... hmm hard to solve. Will try it, but I'm worried it was mostly some local Earth disturbance :).
- and feedback to live-tracking site, perfect, finally someone! Good point, we will think about it, but make sense!
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on February 28, 2019, 12:04:35
@Andrew Heard
- and feedback to live-tracking site, perfect, finally someone!
@menion - no other feedback? weird. Maybe everyone already 100% happy ;-)
  •  

Andrew Heard

the current user list on live tracking web page (from Vivaldi browser on Windows 10) looks a bit rough
  •  

Žajdlík Josef

Smaller problem with map loading in Beta. When I launch Locus, the map will be immediately displayed. However, if I have a GPS turned off and I turn off the phone now, only a white area will appear when I turn on. To view the map, I have to click on the white area. The GPS is turned on and the problem is drowned. The PRO version is all right.

CZ: Menší problém s načítáním mapy ve verzi Beta. Když spustím Locus, mapa se ihned zobrazí. Pokud ale mám vypnutou GPS a vypnu nyní telefon, po zapnutí se zobrazí jen bílá plocha. K zobrazení mapy musím kliknout na bílou plochu. Pokuj je zapnutá GPS tak tento problém nanastává. Ve verzi PRO je vše v pořádku.
  •  

locus.sv@heime.org

I have done some testing of the latest version and I haven't found any issues with it  :)
  •  

locus.sv@heime.org

I have mentioned it before that I have to refresh the inventory for each found it log I make. Then I was not able to reproduce it, but I was able to record a video of it now. Each time I try to log found it, I have to refresh the inventory.

http://download.heime.org/ScreenReord_2019-03-05-17-37-06.mp4

•