[APP] - version 1.8.x

Started by Menion, May 19, 2011, 15:17:56

durian

Quote from: "rijackson741"The largest I can set is 1400m ("set JAVACMD_OPTIONS=-Xmx1400m" in the batch file). If I try anything larger it can't create the Java VM. I assume that's because I'm running Windoze 32 bit. With that setting I can't covert the NH file, so I think it's time to give up. Most files are much bigger than the NH file, so if it can't do NH there's no hope.  :cry:
I'm not sure about the 32 bit, shouldn't that allow for about 4 GB?

By the way, if it is NH you're after, I can try to generate that for you,

-peter
  •  

rijackson741

Quote from: "durian"I'm not sure about the 32 bit, shouldn't that allow for about 4 GB?

Yes, in total. However, when Windows allocates the virtual memory space for each application by default it allocates 2Gb for the OS and 2Gb for the app. Since I can only allocate 1.4Gb for the heap I assume Java is reserving 600Mb for "other stuff". I can enable a 3Gb switch at boot time that changes the allocation of memory so that the app gets 3Gb and the OS only 1Gb. In principle that should give me enough memory for a 2.4Gb heap. I'll try it.

Quote from: "durian"By the way, if it is NH you're after, I can try to generate that for you,

Thanks. Let me try the 3Gb switch first. If I get NH done I also want Massachusetts though, which is 109Mb. I know I will not be able to do that!
  •  

durian

Quote from: "rijackson741"Thanks. Let me try the 3Gb switch first. If I get NH done I also want Massachusetts though, which is 109Mb. I know I will not be able to do that!
There seems to be a problem with the NH data - I get a null pointer exception with both the pbf and the bz2 file. So it is maybe not your windows/java which is the problem!

I also tried Mass., that worked, I put it here (only created, not tested yet): //http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24093622/massachusetts.osm.map

-peter
  •  

rijackson741

Quote from: "rijackson741"Let me try the 3Gb switch first.

So much for that idea. The 3Gb switch is only useful if the application is made aware of the option using "IMAGE_FILE_LARGE_ADDRESS_AWARE" in the process header. I just assumed that Java would have that enabled, but I guess not. It made no difference to the maximum available heap.
  •  

Menion

do not put too much effort to map creating guys. I'll have to solve this "problem" in some global way when I'll enable officially vector maps in Locus, so I'm sure, all maps will be available but it will take some time ...
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Menion

Quote from: "jusc"1.8.7.5 crashes after moving ("scrolling" a litte faster in the same zoom level) with Google online  (Classics) maps.  
Seems not in 1.8.7 (latest Pro version).  Could please anybody verify?
J.

jusc, can you do for me any log from aLogCat program? (with this crash of course), thanks ...

also guys, if you really want to help, best for me is ability to simulate same problem on my phone. So when you take log thanks to aLogCat program immediately after app crash and also write me a little bit, what did you do, this is best and I'm sure, fix will be quick ... thanks!
  •  

rijackson741

Quote from: "durian"There seems to be a problem with the NH data - I get a null pointer exception with both the pbf and the bz2 file. So it is maybe not your windows/java which is the problem!

Aghhhh! That is the error I have been seeing all along, and I just assumed it was due to the file size! I should have tried another one I guess! I'll try China (43Mb) and see what I get.

Quote from: "durian"I also tried Mass., that worked, I put it here (only created, not tested yet): //http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24093622/massachusetts.osm.map

Thanks  :D  :D
  •  

rijackson741

Quote from: "menion"all maps will be available but it will take some time ...

But I want instant gratification  :mrgreen:
  •  

rijackson741

Quote from: "rijackson741"
Quote from: "durian"I'll try China (43Mb) and see what I get.

What I get is an out of memory error. With the type=hd option it takes a really long time to get there, but I still get the error. Maybe it's time to take Menion's advice!
  •  

jusc

Quote from: "menion"jusc, can you do for me any log from aLogCat program? (with this crash of course), thanks ...

just created
J.
Regards J.
  •  

durian

Quote from: "menion"14.6.2011 - Locus 1.8.8
  • new Free and Pro version released on market. Don't worry about active "Vector" tab ... it's visible only if you have any vector maps in mapsVector directory ;). So you can test actual maps also on Market version ...
So, what are these "Time Rings" ? :-)

-peter
  •  

Menion

enable it in settings (maps), enable GPS and try to go somewhere and you'll see it on maps ;)
  •  

durian

Quote from: "menion"enable it in settings (maps), enable GPS and try to go somewhere and you'll see it on maps ;)
Now I saw the option - I didn't notice it before :) Now I've tried it too, cool!

-peter
  •  

cborlasa78

In my own opinion, i would probably use this version. It is very good
<a href="http://badabingbaby.com/">USB flash drives</a>
  •  

neserg

Hi!
Can anybody make vector map for Austria?
Thanks in advance!
  •