[APP] - version 1.8.x

Started by Menion, May 19, 2011, 15:17:56

Menion

1.7.2011 - Locus 1.8.11.2
  • first version that works with new Locus API (BETA), so it's mainly version for addon developers (viewtopic.php?f=29&t=767)
  • some bugfixes - crashing widget and import and some more

27.6.2011 - Locus 1.8.11.1
  • new BETA of Track Recording Widget!! ;) ... test only functionality, not a skin. I takes more then a day to make this. Main problem was valid handling of GPS, but should work now.
  • did anyone from you have some issue with track merging? For me works fine, I just had some comment on market
  • fixed problem with not working track recording on A1.6

27.6.2011 - Locus 1.8.11
  • new Free and Pro version released on market

23.6.2011 - Locus 1.8.10.4
forum testing version
  • new geocaching tools (discuss here)  - let's talk about it if  interested please ... need some feedback :)
  • new choice for obtain location - pick from map
  • some new settings - viewtopic.php?f=13&t=715

14.6.2011 - Locus 1.8.8
  • new Free and Pro version released on market. Don't worry about active "Vector" tab ... it's visible only if you have any vector maps in mapsVector directory ;). So you can test actual maps also on Market version ...

13.6.2011 - Locus 1.8.7.5
  • fixed problems with adding photos to points (anyway still not idea how to correctly add photos to exported GPX file?)
  • improved functionality of custom screen SlideView object. You may try first working attempt of little bit funny geocaching skin
  • added OSGB36 coordinate system support
  • rewrote a little bit GPS on/off function. I personally still have sometimes issue that gps suddenly turn off even when on satellite screen is still on, and I cannot find source of troubles. So if you have similar issue, you may try this version

10.6.2011 - Locus 1.8.7.3
  • radical improvements to support photos at points. I rewrote bit part of whole thing around this so it need testing ... again and again :). Anyway you can now add photo from camera or gallery. Not only one but unlimited number. You can then view them from "POintEditDialog" or simply by tapping in point information window. Also photos are exporting with points!! and link to photo is relative so you should take exported file and directory with photo and place it wherever you want.
  • created SlideView to CustomScreen, more on "How to" ... (anyway testing skin is in application - you can add it by "Install default" button in Custom screen. Source is attached here for download. It's really only for testing. I'm also not sure if this is best solution but seems that works!)
  • many small fixes, like weird tiles when multitouch zoom, some rotation issues, I don't even know what all ...

7.6.2011 - Locus 1.8.7.1
  • ehm ... VECTOR maps for testing!
  • added Brazilian Portuguese translation - thanks Jorge, this was really fast
  • "fixed" weird values on scale bar
  • added "Time rings" feature :)
  • added reset of A-GPS data (unfortunately new permission required)
  • new right panel button - "Add map center with Photo", which launch camera and then point edit dialog with taken photo

VECTOR maps
  it was really quick. Basic support was created less then after a day and half of work. Nice. There is still many problems but maps are usable now and even a fast. For a surprise. Anyway maps use own mapsforge format that have to be prepared from binary PBF files. I have already created Czech Republic (around 250MB!!) for testing and actually I'm creating whole Germany (around 1GB - amazing). Will you be interested in creating any other country? Don't know from where are all of you :). I'll upload it on Dropbox also if I'll have enough space there (anyone can give me 250MB space by registering on dropbox thanks to this link http://db.tt/0k2Hrde ;) - thanks). If all will work fine, I'll probably create server side solution with map generating and downloading in application, but this later.
  So download map, upload it into Locus/mapsVector directory and enjoy ...

maps for download:
 - Croatia
 - Czech Republic
 - Denmark
 - Germany
 - Great Britain
 - Netherland
 - Sweden

2.6.2011 - Locus 1.8.5

1.6.2011 - Locus 1.8.4.3
testing version ...
  • you can set "Valid for" for online cache (on every map separately) which say how long will be downloaded tiles valid
  • new "hidden" button that allow quick map switch and which appear when you're out of offline map or on "blank" map
  • graphics improvements, new settings for tablets
  • some improvements on custom screen (we're working on it with malesmurf)
  • matthias k., please try this version. This is best what I can do with separating tracks. Little bit better then before but still not perfect

30.5.2011 - Locus 1.8.4.1
testing version ...
  • rewrote important part of track record ... please test. By my own testing, recording for cca 4 hours (around 10k points) and no problem
  • added CH1903 coo system
  • some other improvements ...

24.5.2011 - Locus 1.8.3

23.5.2011 - Locus 1.8.2.1
  • new tags for custom screen (TextView now support lines, ellipsize, shadows)
  • fixed - disabling GPS when hiding app, missing waypoint icons on track
  • added - possibility to select language in application, possibility to limit visible track during track recording

19.5.2011 - Locus 1.8.0
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Menion

very nice .. firstly in 1.8.0 was problem that I used one function that is not available in 2.1 and lower and now I noticed that I forgot to add into final version buttons that allow show custom screen (they were only in testing versions) ... so today third update is comming :) ... sorry guys ..
  •  

svartbjorn

Custom screens: amazing!! This is so great! Thank you!!! The tree included screens are great. I guess this is an area where a lot of users would be interested in submitting their own custom screens such that they can be included into the official Locus.

Congratulations  Menion - I think you have created a new arena with unlimited potential that will shoot Locus even further ahead of the rest of the crowd!

My brother has iPhone and was searching for a good GPS program. None of  the apps he pulled out from Apple's AppStore was not even close to Locus - of courses. Would you consider porting Locus to iPhone?
  •  

berkley

Are you serious? ;)

The iFail is deader than dead!!! I guess it's a win-win-situation, if your brother gets an Android device :D
Search before posting!!!
XDA Orbit, HTC Touch HD, SGS1, SGS2, Nexus S, S4 Active, OnePlus One, Innos D6000
OnePlus X
  •  

svartbjorn

I totally agree, berkley! But you know, not everybody knows their best, so I was just thinking that there is a large market there for Menion, so if the iPhone users won't come to you, you need to come to them.  :)
  •  

Menion

hmm, to be true I was thinking about starting programming on iPhone also ... but there is still so much work on Locus on android and I want to Locus be the best map app on Android so I have to stay only on one platform. There is no chance for one person to handle two platforms without lost of quality and quality is for me more important then number of sold (in case that I'll sell on both platforms) apps :). So enjoy Locus on Android and don't forget to unfortunately push brothers phone from table ;)
  •  

svartbjorn

Test version 1.8.4.1:

1) In the Tracks submenu there is now a new "+" button in the header line. The Satellite submenu has three such "+" buttons in the header line. They bring you to different setup menues. Usually Locus is using "+" to add something, e.g. a new point. Here it is to go to a setup menu. This is confusing. Specially it is messy to have three "+" in the Satellite submenu - impossible to remember which "+" goes to which setup menu. And I do not see the need for it.

2) I am excited to test if this new version that has focused on the track recording issues, also solves the phone hang incidents I have experienced when using Locus recording. My phone changed from crashing 5-8 times per day to 0 when I stopped using Locus recording four days ago.
  •  

Menion

ad 1). These are menus that were in locus accessible from bottom menu (by hardware button "menu"). Because of usage of tables i put them on top. There is only "+" button because correct icons are "in creating" :)

2) Not sure if this helps. You may try it but do not expect some better results!
  •  

Menion

uff after almost week of tuning, new version on market! Hope you enjoy new changes and will not be angry for (by me nice) buttons in top right corners of some screens (shortcut to settings that was before in hardware menu) and mainly owners of tablets that enjoy new improved tablet support ... and more will come ;)
  •  

Rob

Nice feature - the top buttons - thx.
What' s cool (found by accident): tip on scale left down shows whole distance of screenwidth.
So it's easier to estimate a route for a dedicated area.
Great....
I love Locus, meanwhile I'm addicted :-)
Little bug: when planning a route with auto and manuell parts. After finishing you cannot select the track when on a manual section. Moving cursor to an auto section highlights the track.
But this is really a very small issue...
Rob

EDIT: 1.8.7.1. same issue not selecting track when on manuell section. But - as I said, its really a minor issue.
All other advantages compensates this a lot....
  •  

Menion

some new boring features added for testing ... ehm ... :)
  •  

durian

QuoteWill you be interested in creating any other country? Don't know from where are all of you
Yeah, I would. For both Sweden and The Netherlands I live divided in both :) )

Is it difficult/time consuming? I already make my own OSM maps for garmin with Osmosis and mkgmap. I assume these kind of maps are not more difficult?

-peter
  •  

Menion

it's pretty easy. description is here http://code.google.com/p/mapsforge/wiki ... terOsmosis.

If all this will work, I'll create maps for whole world. It's only question if anyone want maps for testing now :).
  •  

durian

Yes, not so difficult. I made a map for sweden, and it looks nice in Locus!

I am putting the map onto my dropbox account, but it takes an hour to upload. I'll put a link when it is ready. And it is: //http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24093622/sweden.osm.map

-peter
  •  

Menion

perfect, i'll create some links database in first post later

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk
  •