[APP] - version 1.8.x

Started by Menion, May 19, 2011, 15:17:56

Menion

Rob: I don't see it much useful. Firstly you cannot actually add photo to track so you can only export one poi category (and you will then receive one exported file and one directory). I don't see it hard to search these two object in export folder structure.

About exporting. It's hard for me to debug it. Are you at experienced with logcat or do you use some soft like aLogCat? because on my Xoom and DHD, all works fine as I wrote before. So I'll try simulator now and then probably I should do some testing version with debug messages that you can catch thanks to aLogCat
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Rob

Quote from: "menion"Rob: I don't see it much useful. Firstly you cannot actually add photo to track so you can only export one poi category (and you will then receive one exported file and one directory). I don't see it hard to search these two object in export folder structure.
Ok, maybe I have to think about better use of my categories. Perhaps if tracks and pois could share same category name, it would help.
QuoteAbout exporting. It's hard for me to debug it. Are you at experienced with logcat or do you use some soft like aLogCat? because on my Xoom and DHD, all works fine as I wrote before. So I'll try simulator now and then probably I should do some testing version with debug messages that you can catch thanks to aLogCat
Unfortunately no experience. Maybe it's also my fault. I will play more in coming days.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk
  •  

Menion

not need to play ... founded mistake. It just a stupid space in name of added photo. try to add photo which do not have space in name. Got it ... :) nice weekend guys

EDIT: did anyone know how to correctly link image to GPX file? This

<link href="./test_001-photo/IMG 20110528_185738.jpg">

do not work and Google Earth on dektop throw error and no point is show. Without this line, it works and you can see point on map. I tried various relative/absolute path but noting works for me
  •  

durian

Some more maps:

Denmark: //http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24093622/denmark.osm.map

Netherlands: //http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24093622/netherlands.osm.map Note: there is a white hole in the map - I am assuming it is some bug in the rendering/OSM data.

Great Britain: //http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24093622/great_britain.osm.map

-peter
  •  

rijackson741

Quote from: "durian"
Quote from: "rijackson741"Osmosis was easy to get going - I downloaded osmosis, downloaded the trove jar (link is on the mapsforge page, and installed the plugin in my home directory. It worked without problems (tried on both my MacBook, and a debian server at work).
-peter

Well, I hate to admit this, but I need some pointers. I have downloaded trove, osmosis, and the mapforge plugin.

What do I do with trove once I have it? It comes with no instructions, and I couldn't even find any on the web. I guess it's aimed at Java developers, who just know what to do with it. I am not a Java developer though  :(

The installation instructions for osmosis do not make any sense to me. The Readme says "On Windows, the file can reside in the following locations with later files overriding earlier files: %USERPROFILE%osmosis.bat". Firstly, simply copying the batch file to that folder cannot possibly be sufficient because it will not be able to find the library files. Second, the batch file calls %USERPROFILE%osmosis.bat, so putting the batch file there and running it leads to an infinite recursion.  :?

Hopefully, once I have osmosis installed correctly I can copy the mapforge plugin to the Windows equivalent of the folder "$USER_HOME/.openstreetmap/osmosis/plugins", which at the moment of course does not exist.

Sorry for being dumb, but I figured it's easier to ask than to keep searching the web for better instructions.
  •  

durian

No problem, it is mostly obvious for people who have experience with these kind of things!

Having said that, I only tried it on Mac OS X and Linux - I have actually not much experience with Windows, I used a Mac until 1994, and then started to use Linux. At work I have always worked with Unix systems. But I can explain what I did on the mac with the different parts of the system.

First of all, I downloaded and unzipped osmosis-0.38. There is a bin directory there with the osmosis.bat file, and a file called osmosis. The latter I can run from the command line in OS X/linux, like this. Assume I am in the same folder I unzipped the osmosis archive. Then I can run "osmosis-0.38/bin/osmosis" to start osmosis. The osmosis script in the bin directory finds all the files it needs. I am assuming (hoping :-) ) the bat file will do the same. Maybe you can try to start osmosis like that?

Then I downloaded the trove software from //http://sourceforge.net/projects/trove4j/files/trove/ I unzipped it and put the trove-3.0.0rc2.jar into this directory: osmosis-0.38/lib/default/

For the mapfile-writer plugin something similar. First I downloaded the mapsforge-mapfile-writer-0.2.3.jar    from //http://code.google.com/p/mapsforge/downloads/list This I put (and now te problems will start :) ) into this directory in my home directory:  .openstreetmap/osmosis/plugins/ (openstreetmap starts with a dot). I'm not sure how that translates to WIndows though...

Hm, I guess I am not much help, but maybe it helps a little.

-peter
  •  

rijackson741

Thanks. That got me there  :D

Quote from: "durian"First of all, I downloaded and unzipped osmosis-0.38. There is a bin directory there with the osmosis.bat file, and a file called osmosis. The latter I can run from the command line in OS X/linux, like this. Assume I am in the same folder I unzipped the osmosis archive. Then I can run "osmosis-0.38/bin/osmosis" to start osmosis. The osmosis script in the bin directory finds all the files it needs. I am assuming (hoping :-) ) the bat file will do the same. Maybe you can try to start osmosis like that?

Yes, this works. The instruction in the readme file "On Windows, the file can reside in the following locations with later files overriding earlier files: %USERPROFILE%osmosis.bat" seems to be a complete red-herring. I have no idea what it is talking about, and the right thing to do seems to be to just ignore it. Simply running the Osmosis batch file works.

Quote from: "durian"Then I downloaded the trove software from //http://sourceforge.net/projects/trove4j/files/trove/ I unzipped it and put the trove-3.0.0rc2.jar into this directory: osmosis-0.38/lib/default/

Thanks. I found that instruction later in the documentation for the plugin. I was looking in the wrong place. I feel I should also have guessed that dropping it in the lib directory would work, but you know what they say about hindsight...  :)

Quote from: "durian"For the mapfile-writer plugin something similar. First I downloaded the mapsforge-mapfile-writer-0.2.3.jar    from //http://code.google.com/p/mapsforge/downloads/list This I put (and now te problems will start :) ) into this directory in my home directory:  .openstreetmap/osmosis/plugins/ (openstreetmap starts with a dot). I'm not sure how that translates to WIndows though...

In Windows it is "C:documents and settings<Your Name>.openstreetmaposmosisplugins". You just have to create the directory and drop the plugin into it.

Quote from: "durian"Hm, I guess I am not much help, but maybe it helps a little.

It helped a lot. I just needed a couple of pointers, and you supplied them. Thanks  :D

Now, like Menion, I am having trouble with anything other than very small maps though. Without the type=hd option I get an out of heap space error. With the type=hd option I successfully converted Delaware, but that is only 3.7Mb. It looks fine in Locus. I get a runtime error trying to convert New Hampshire though, which is 22Mb (not exactly huge either!). I'll have to play around a little to see if I can get past this latest hurdle.
  •  

rijackson741

Quote from: "durian"Some more maps:
Great Britain: //http://dl.dropbox.com/u/24093622/great_britain.osm.map

The UK map looks great. It seems much slower to load than the raster maps though. Is this just the nature of vector maps (because it has to process the map data)? I'm not complaining, just curious. Vector maps in Locus is going to be a really big advance, even if they are slower to load!
  •  

rijackson741

Hey everyone.

You need to go here:
//http://code.google.com/p/mapsforge/issues/detail?id=130&colspec=ID%20Type%20Status%20Priority%20Stars%20Owner%20Summary%20Modified
and vote to get Locus support bumped up the priority list! (When you add a comment, click on the star!)
  •  

Menion

you discovered my topic on google.code in less then one day :) nice ...

and vector maps ... as you say. They are much harder to create bitmap to draw, that's why they are slower. Big benefit is space they need and also ability to search and route in data (this will maybe done later by mapsforge as I read). I'll also do some cache storage to increase speed of viewing areas you already saw
  •  

durian

Quote from: "rijackson741"Thanks. That got me there  :D
Ok, great!

Quote from: "rijackson741"Now, like Menion, I am having trouble with anything other than very small maps though. Without the type=hd option I get an out of heap space error. With the type=hd option I successfully converted Delaware, but that is only 3.7Mb. It looks fine in Locus. I get a runtime error trying to convert New Hampshire though, which is 22Mb (not exactly huge either!). I'll have to play around a little to see if I can get past this latest hurdle.
I have problems with the type=hd option too - maps which I can create otherwise fail with this option.

Did you try changing the heapspace in the osmosis.bat file? I added "JAVACMD_OPTIONS=-Xmx3000m" to the osmosis start-up script to get more memory. The sweden map was the largest one I managed to do on my 4 GB laptop.

-peter
  •  

Menion

I just published version with some small updates. I during weekend started with wife work on manual and also on some review for one czech servers so there is not much news but at least something. I would also like to release tomorrow new version because since Thursday to Sunday I have small turistic - locus terrain testing vacation ... finally :)
  •  

maginus

@menion

First: tnx for your work. Your program is great. I suspect that with vector map support it will be best GPS trek software for Android devices.
Second: i just made map of Poland and its work great. //http://dl.dropbox.com/u/32220883/Poland.zip
  •  

rijackson741

Quote from: "durian"Did you try changing the heapspace in the osmosis.bat file? I added "JAVACMD_OPTIONS=-Xmx3000m" to the osmosis start-up script to get more memory.

The largest I can set is 1400m ("set JAVACMD_OPTIONS=-Xmx1400m" in the batch file). If I try anything larger it can't create the Java VM. I assume that's because I'm running Windoze 32 bit. With that setting I can't covert the NH file, so I think it's time to give up. Most files are much bigger than the NH file, so if it can't do NH there's no hope.  :cry:
  •  

jusc

1.8.7.5 crashes after moving ("scrolling" a litte faster in the same zoom level) with Google online  (Classics) maps.  
Seems not in 1.8.7 (latest Pro version).  Could please anybody verify?
J.
Regards J.
  •