[APP] - version 3.30.+ ( 15. 3. 2018 )

Started by Menion, March 15, 2018, 12:35:05

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Condor

Sorry ... I did not see any response from You that you know this problem. I apologise ;-)

Uawww ... Tab & Hold menu is new to me. I can see the settings. Thanks

Room - I'm not a premium.

Trackable....
A lot of the combination - a lot of problems.
I have a different view of implementing this feature.
I do not know what to say about your imagination. And all the connections.
An overall view is necessary. This is a partial problem in the design of the intent.


  •  

Menion

There is no need to be paid premium live tracking user to use a chat in Beta version. Maybe we made a mistake and "premium" is by accident needed .. will check it tomorrow, thanks!
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 final download
  •  

Condor

Menion is there a list of features that are available through geocaching APIs? This would be helpful when considering the new Locus options and futures.
  •  

Menion

The only, probably worst documentation I ever saw, is here: https://staging.api.groundspeak.com/Live/v6beta/geocaching.svc/help . Don't expect any explanation or description what functions exactly do ... nothing like this exists. So mostly from names, you should imagine what feature do.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 final download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Condor

Condor

Menion thanks for answer.

Add to FN Manager:
It would be good to insert the link after tapping on the "log" in the Field Note Manager - jump to the log edit window.
  •  

Condor

LT Chat - Room:
Any status of an online user?

Whether it is important to write to him and wait for the answer.

Is there any audio notification of the new message?
Or a notification in the android notification bar?
  •  

milan.cejnar

@Condor
Online status is currently missing, we should definitely add it.

There are no audio/vibration notifications about unread messages, but we also plan to add these. But you should be able to at least see the number of unread messages in the notification area in Live Tracking notification description.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Condor

Condor

Just thinking about Chat and my personal opinion.
Does this feature have real use and relevance?
Today there are free calls, SMS free, a million social networks and text communicators.

Personally, this option probably never use.
Is this really what we need in Locus?

P.S. I do not want this in any way offend Locus team :-)




I have ideas for an automatic life saving feature. (notification and emergency rescue) It may be a separate application or addon. The advantage is that Locus is mostly run on "risky" activities and already connected to the device's sensors.
If this topic is interesting ... I can write more privately.
  •  

lor74cas

LT Chat - Room is still available only for private group, unable to test it now.
Beta 3.30.4.4 updated this morning.
Will the chat system work also on http://www.locusmap.eu/live-tracking/ ?
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
Geocaching4Locus
  •  

Condor

@lor74cas
Available room is - Public room.
I'm in it for testing now ;-)
  •  

Leeds Tyke

#295
Using the new beta this morning to log a few caches and noticed the "Found Caches Counter" wasn't updating. When I found my first cache it increased by 1 but stayed at that number despite finding several more caches.
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: Condor on May 15, 2018, 15:49:06
Just thinking about Chat and my personal opinion.
Does this feature have real use and relevance?
Today there are free calls, SMS free, a million social networks and text communicators.

Personally, this option probably never use.
Is this really what we need in Locus?

P.S. I do not want this in any way offend Locus team :-)




I have ideas for an automatic life saving feature. (notification and emergency rescue) It may be a separate application or addon. The advantage is that Locus is mostly run on "risky" activities and already connected to the device's sensors.
If this topic is interesting ... I can write more privately.

+1
Even the organization of a trail running race would not rely on an online chat to contact the participants.
It's safer to use text messages, they have everyone's phone number.

In the case of a small group, for example family members who follow you with the LT, they would not use the chat, but whatsapp or a phone call.

Not always more is better. Too many features make applications bigger and sometimes make them more complicated for users and developers (and bet testers  ;) )
For example, who does not care about the chat can make the icon that covers the map disappear?
Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
Geocaching4Locus
  •  

Condor

#297
Quote from: lor74cas on May 15, 2018, 16:22:56
For example, who does not care about the chat can make the icon that covers the map disappear?

Good note and question.
I assumed that if I left the room the icon would disappear. It did not happen. Even the tap on the envelope fits me into the original room I'm no longer in.
  •  

Menion

Thanks for a feedback guys.
Idea behind chat is definitely not to replace some bigger apps like Whatsup or similar. The idea here is to bring instant communication solution between more people where big advantage will be with a connection to Locus Map app.
So first what comes to mind is to send to others some location/point that will immediately appear on the map like the regular point. We were today think also about an option to share some more complicated content like full geocache or for example definition of area. So generally it should be really simple chat were the location (my, my friends, shared place) will play an important role.

And of course, I know that more != better. Anyway, I'm sure that see someone on the map and be able to quickly communicate with him are very connected features.

@Leeds Tyke
thanks! I'll look at it.
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 final download
  •  

lor74cas

Quote from: menion on May 15, 2018, 19:28:28
Thanks for a feedback guys.
Idea behind chat is definitely not to replace some bigger apps like Whatsup or similar. The idea here is to bring instant communication solution between more people where big advantage will be with a connection to Locus Map app.
So first what comes to mind is to send to others some location/point that will immediately appear on the map like the regular point. We were today think also about an option to share some more complicated content like full geocache or for example definition of area. So generally it should be really simple chat were the location (my, my friends, shared place) will play an important role.

And of course, I know that more != better. Anyway, I'm sure that see someone on the map and be able to quickly communicate with him are very connected features.

@Leeds Tyke
thanks! I'll look at it.
With your explanation the proposal of the chat feature has a new point of view.
My first impression was focused only on "chat".

Inviato dal mio SM-A520F utilizzando Tapatalk

Locus Map 4
Locus Map for Garmin
Locus Tasker
Geocaching4Locus
  •