[APP] - version 3.26.+ ( 11. 10. 2017 )

Started by Menion, October 11, 2017, 14:11:54

slarti76

This is probably not related to the new version, but I noticed something about the "Image Map Calibration" feature: The dialogs to select a point vary significantly from "Select on image" to "Select on map":
Select on Image has OK and Zoom buttons (horizontally) to the lower right, but no two-finger zoom is possible.
Select on map otoh has the OK button to the lower left, and Zoom plus "Center to GPS" to the right, but vertically. And two-finger zoom is possible.
Apart from the "Center to GPS" button, which only makes sense on the map, I think the rest should be identical.
Furthermore, I got an FC: Add a new point, but immediately close the selection screen (on image). Then instead tap the map icon to select on map - boom!
And, last thing: Both selection screen have the title "Select on map" - probably, it would be better to call the first one "Select on image".
  •  

bezel

Great - especially now the elevation screen together with the map!

BUT:
can you please include a posssibility to show the slope in percentage (in the elevation screen) - that would be absolutely perfect then (eg like Osmand does since a couple of months).
  •  

Menion

As I wrote before, sorry for a troubles on 4.x devices. Again some changes during last week where I was sure it will work as expected ... and well, seems that Android support library that should bring some nice features from new Android versions to old, does not work in all cases.

Issue is already fixed, new version planned on today!

Problem with dragging. Firstly thanks for a feedback. I had no idea for all these years that drag&drop has such a problems in old planner. I'll try to do something with it next weeks.

Not working "Import" in track screen: copy & paste problem, thanks fixed

@Andrew Heard:
thanks, video links fixed ( removed for now ).
Numbers on shaping points ... if they are so small that they are almost invisible, then it is not a problem they are there right? :)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  

Menion

@slarti76:
thanks, this screen also needs and improvements. At least quick change in bottom control to unite system little bit. Pinch zoom will be more complicated, and really better title needs an translation, so both later.

@bezel:
not a simple task, suggest to check if such idea exists on http://help.locusmap.eu and vote there.

@0709:
Willy thanks for a log, it will be same issue as mentioned here before ... consider as fixed.
United terminology: forwarded to Michal
  •  

Bucky Kid

Thanks for quick bugfixing version.
I have noticed that SmartMaps online maps were removed from LoStore. I just mention that officially they terminated the service on 31.8., but unofficially the map tiles server was extended for indefinite period. Now on 12.10. their server is still running - can the online source be re-added via user tweak?
  •  

Menion

Hello Bucky Kid,
maybe you noticed, that no other application used SmartMaps maps expect Locus & SmartMaps application. It was possible because I was creating this SmartMaps application in early Android days, so I have a friends in PLANStudio company. Because online version of their maps was created mainly as preview of offline maps, that are no more sold, I promised to P. Žemlík to remove also online maps since October. So sorry, they cannot be added back, even thanks to XML configuration.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Bucky Kid

bezel

Menion, I am really thankful for all your help - but I still wonder why it is not possible to show the percentage of the slope (incl. the elevation display) on the second sreen aswell. With Osmand it is working, they do have this possibility  - it is it to hard to include this feature aswell in locus?
It would be a very helpful feature, especially for the cyclists.

Thank you very much for your help!

(I have suggsted this feature -second/ splitted screen with elevation profil and slope percentage- months ago on the wish-list/ suggestion site)
  •  

Tapio

Congratulations, the new track planner/editor is a great move. So I will happily try to use it more often. It's about convenience, Brouter-web is pretty good there.

First idea: I think there is no possibility to center the map on the currently edited track. This is especially useful, since we can exit the screen and return later. I hat to search for the current edit at first then...
Tapiola MFV4+ theme for OAM Maps:
Discuss - Releases - DL latest - Install latest
  •  

Bucky Kid

Locus 3.26.1, unfortunately, opening route planner stil forces close on KK device. Close track editor now works everywhere.

One more bug: long tap on any toolbar button, choose from menu Edit panels makes crash also.
Crash from menu -> edit function panels too.

Yet one small wish for efficiency improvement, would it be possible to add control handler for quick map selector in route planner/track editor? Switching maps is frequently needed during route creation.
  •  

Menion

@bezel:
I'm not saying it is not possible. Is on help desk idea where I may read more about this? I can't perfectly imagine what you think from your description. Thanks

@tapio:
you are probably talk about "Route planner", not a "Track editor" right? Good idea with centering, thanks

@Bucky Kid:
seems it's another of my bad days. Issue with modification of functions panel fixes, thanks. About crash when starting route planner ... may you create for me a log? Because I'm unable to simulate it, thanks.
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Tapio

bezel

Hello menion,

its a bit hard to explain for myself - but I it would be helpful to see in the height/ altitude profile aswell at by myself selected points the approximate slope percentage.
See screenshots:

like it does at the "statistics/ diagram":

Thanks a lot!
  •  

slarti76

Route planner, elevation profile:
Some graph hiccup, seems to be going back, which makes no sense on a distance x axis.

•  

Bucky Kid

@menion: I'm not able to make bug report in phone but have logcat, look up FATAL EXCEPTION: main
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0By0QjFcdxojoVC1TSkhBeG5WbHM/view?usp=sharing
  •  

Joachim Buhl

Hello

How can I add manual turn instructions in the new route editor? Did I miss something?

Thanks
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: 0709 on October 12, 2017, 09:51:17
QuoteI note we should adopt standard terminology "auxiliary points" instead of "track points"
Correct, as these artificial helper (fake) points in the planner screen come and go without leaving any trace. So not to be named "track points".
@0709 - as far as I know, until 3.26, we used term "track points" and no-one made mention of it. I agree Aux point is probably better, especially in context of Route Planner.
LM4.21.1.5 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •