[APP] - version 3.26.+ ( 11. 10. 2017 )

Started by Menion, October 11, 2017, 14:11:54

Andrew Heard

Quote from: bezel on October 12, 2017, 12:48:20
(I have suggsted this feature -second/ splitted screen with elevation profil and slope percentage- months ago on the wish-list/ suggestion site)
@bezel - do you have a link to your suggestion on http://help.locusmap.eu/topic? Note that Tools > Route stats > chart can be configured to display Gradient% so maybe just keep summary chart at bottom of screen simple/ clean?
LM4.22.0 GOLD user ID:c7d47597a
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on October 12, 2017, 09:46:05
@Andrew Heard:
Numbers on shaping points ... if they are so small that they are almost invisible, then it is not a problem they are there right? :)
@menion - sort of right. Now I understand "Select an item" dialog with items like "Part <N> of route" that <N> refers to the tiny number inside the Shaping point icon. Could icon size/part # size be bumped +1 point? Even config.cfg setting? I don't mind generally bigger icons. I already have config.cfg dev_gui_main_rescale_value=1.25. Maybe icon/# can take into account dev_gui_main_rescale_value?
  •  

slarti76

Crash report 3.26.1:
Tried to add an external app to side panel ("Add link to app"). When choosing the app, Locus crashes. After restart, icon is shown in the panel and app can be started, but "Modify panel" crashes Locus. Modify panel also crashes Locus when called from the presets screen.
Can you reproduce or do you need some kind of logs?
  •  

slarti76

Quote from: menion on October 12, 2017, 10:42:01
@slarti76:
thanks, this screen also needs and improvements. At least quick change in bottom control to unite system little bit. Pinch zoom will be more complicated, and really better title needs an translation, so both later.
Thx, looks much better. I could nitpick that the "OK" button is a little higher on the map selection than on the image selection ;)
Crash is also gone, good!
Can live without pinch zoom, of course. Just a little confusing for user that it doesn't work here but everywhere else...
  •  

Menion

@bezel:
Understand, thanks for a screenshots. I'm closer to what Andrew wrote here . Idea is to keep this screen as clean and simple as possible. Second thing here is, that you probably noticed it ... chart at bottom of route planner and good old big chart looks different. It is because I'm experiencing with new library for charts and because of this, adding these floating labels is currently not so easy task, sorry.

@Bucky Kid:
thanks, log helped. Issue is because of links to external programs. Will be fixed in next version in Monday, thanks!

@Joachim Buhl:
what is exactly "route editor"? We are trying to use only "track editor" and "route planner". Anyway after longer thinking, I've decided to keep these two features with exactly defined purpose.

"Track editor" - post-editing tracks after recording. Main use case: correctly stored recorded track, because of statistics, because I want to have them correct.
"Route planner" - planning or modifying tracks/routes for later re-use, mainly for navigation purpose.

I should probably write this on more visible place, because it will affect future development a lot.

From above is clear, that work with navigation commands does not belong to Track editor, but to Route planner. Click in Route planner on track and in menu choose "Convert to navigation command".

@Andrew Heard:
hmm it should be a lot better ( and mainly logical ) to scale these points by settings > maps > points & tracks > map icons size. Thanks, done

@slarti76:
same issue as reported a while ago by Bucky Kid, sorry for this, will be fixed in next version. And "On-board calibrator" > well, I'm looking on this feature for some time and I'm aware it needs an improvements. Later ;)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •  
    The following users thanked this post: Bucky Kid

Joachim Buhl

Hello Minion

Thanks for your reply.
I found it.

•  

Bucky Kid

Hello menion, great you found the bug. I have yet remarks to track editing mode:

- when entering track editor, don't auto open the tools menu. Except add/edit trackpoint, the right trackpoint needs be selected on the map first.
- questionable because the undo button but I think for add/edit trackpoints tool, a possibility to delete unwanted trackpoint(s) without closing the tool would be helpful (for example by long tap on trackpoint, or add delete button on label as it was on previous version)
- as I already mentioned, please consider quick map switcher accessible directly from route planner/track editor, it would improve the work too
  •  

Andrew Heard

Quote from: menion on October 13, 2017, 15:24:12
"Route planner" - planning or modifying tracks/routes for later re-use, mainly for navigation purpose.
@menion - am I wrong - it is not possible to modify an existing track with the Route planner - because the modification is always saved to a new track? As previously discussed, and suggestion here - http://help.locusmap.eu/topic/allow-3-26-route-planner-to-edit-and-save-existing-track.
  •  

Joachim Buhl

Hello Andrew

I just come to the forum here to discuss this topic.
Support your proposal.

Thanks
  •  

druki

Please help: Where can I switch on/off the measurement of the surface (i.e. squaremeter) in the new Create-Route-UI?
  •  

balloni55

QuoteWhere can I switch on/off the measurement of the surface (i.e. squaremeter)
inside routeplaner window > top right hamburger button > top right 3-dot button
-
LMC 3.70.0 AFA
Locus Map 4.22.0 Gold AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

balloni55

Hello menion
today on bike tour while recording the track i noticed that width of track change depending on ZL. This behavior is also in saved track. :-[
If i export this track as gpx and reimport it, all works as expected.

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

balloni55

the computed area of a track inside route planner is displayed as a light green poly (in this example a triangle)
an user didn´t know if only these poly is calculated or the whole included area :-[
In track details it´s clear ;D

LMC 3.70.0 AFA
LMC User ID c8b19276f
LM4 User ID e06d572d4
  •  

druki

@balloni55: thanks a lot, this "double menu" was unexpected from me
  •  

Menion

Good morning guys,

@balloni55:
dynamic width of track ... it looks like you have defined width of track in unit "metres" instead of "pixels" ( in track style dialog ).

Computed area: hmm it should be really a precise area defined by trackpoints, not just a green area visible on the map. Old system from times, it was not possible to compute route between shaping points. Hard to solve for now, hmm ...

@druki:
yes, I know it is weird place. For now, I do not know better. All these settings are not so important, so to place them directly into left menu or directly into top toolbar seems to me like too visible for it's low usage. Now you know ;)
- Official help (ideas, questions, problems): help.locusmap.eu
- Advanced topics, sharing of knowledges: you're here!
- LM 4 Beta download, LM 4 Release download
  •